Is there any actual evidence of Gailey's (gulp) genius.

#34fan

This year is make or break for Gailey. Not saying the Bills have to make the playoffs or anything but he was given 2 drafts, 2 off-seasons, and a full regular season to guy, evaluate, and shape the team. There has to be a substantial improvement and development of the team. I think 7 or more wins with a lot of player development is a good measuring stick.

Adding 3 or more wins to this team is a good improvement that I think that this team could make with the talent it currently has.

This IS NOT a make or break year for Gailey. Next year, maybe. But this team, under this regime, has not even drafted a franchise quarterback yet.

This whole operation is a total rebuild in arguably the toughest conference in the NFL. Gailey did more with this offense in one year than that Dick did in 3 1/2 years.

Man, the retard rodeo started early this year.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This IS NOT a make or break year for Gailey. Next year, maybe. But this team, under this regime, has not even drafted a franchise quarterback yet.

This whole operation is a total rebuild in arguably the toughest conference in the NFL. Gailey did more with this offense in one year than that Dick did in 3 1/2 years.

Man, the retard rodeo started early this year.

YES, it's a total rebuild. YES, it's a tough division, and YES, we are STILL asking for more wins. Not next year, not in two years, and not when Luck comes out. Right now. Real geniuses get results.

Fun and informative read. Thanks for posting.

The team Gailey inherited, pre-2010 draft, was neither "particularly talented" nor "headed in the right direction" so it was a given things had to be shaken up. That's why most non-casual observers aren't bothered by the drop in wins last year.

In any event, I find it ridiculous to draw any hard and fast conclusions about the direction of the Bills' franchise (and the viability of Gailey as HC) after only one year.

Agree and agree.

I don't care that they won fewer games than in 2009. In my eyes, last year was a clear improvement over the year before.

On another note, since we're talking about eggs, I would categorize the Bills as a well-mixed, nicely-seasoned bowl of fork-split eggs and milk. The chives and Tabasco are ready to add at the last minute. We even have some delicious grease left over from the bacon to make em a little dirty.

However, we don't have a nonstick skillet to cook them in.

Get the skillet, and we'll be a good team. Otherwise, the Bills will show some brilliance, but won't reach their full potential because too much egg will be stuck to the pan.

Jauronimo?

I understand that this is a free country, I thoroughly understand the concept and practice of free speech. I also fully comprehend that this is a message board, and everyone is entitled to not only their opinion but the right to express it any way they want.

That said, anyone who couldn't see the difference in the Bills offense last year from previous years, should not be allowed to post here. ;)

I agree. I think it's self-evident that the offense was way better.

It's been a long time since the Bills had an offense that resembled a real NFL offense.

And consider that this was in the first year of the system with a marginally talented team playing a very tough schedule.

I think Gailey did an excellent job with the offense last season.

It is worth mentioning that when he was QB coach for Denver/Elway, they did make the Super Bowl. As OC of Pittsburgh, he was able to get Mike Tomczak and Kordell Stewart to impersonate a reasonable QB, each for a season. He then got an increase of productivity out of Troy Aikman in both seasons as Dallas HC compared to the previous 2. The next two years he got as much as he could out of Jay Fieldler and old Lamar Smith as the OC for Wannstache. When returned to the NFL at KC he did a pretty good job with a green Tyler Thigpen after losing his starting QB.

That all said, he has had two years of work with a great QB in Elway, two with an above avg QB in Aikman (good QB in the right system, should not be in the HOF, imo), and a bunch of years with lesser talents.

It is worth mentioning that when he was QB coach for Denver/Elway, they did make the Super Bowl. As OC of Pittsburgh, he was able to get Mike Tomczak and Kordell Stewart to impersonate a reasonable QB, each for a season. He then got an increase of productivity out of Troy Aikman in both seasons as Dallas HC compared to the previous 2. The next two years he got as much as he could out of Jay Fieldler and old Lamar Smith as the OC for Wannstache. When returned to the NFL at KC he did a pretty good job with a green Tyler Thigpen after losing his starting QB.

That all said, he has had two years of work with a great QB in Elway, two with an above avg QB in Aikman (good QB in the right system, should not be in the HOF, imo), and a bunch of years with lesser talents.

Thanks. I'm still not feeling "genius", but I get your perspective. At some point it just seems to always go wrong for him. Still, he's gotta get over that hump. As a fan, I demand improvement. -7 WINS MINIMUM!!!!

I sure as heck haven't found any. I've seen a mediocre body of work accompanied by a bunch of firings. I think if Chan was an ice cream flavor, he'd be DOUBLE VANILLA. Granted, he's all we can afford right now but how does he get away with the "stay the course" mentality. -Help me out a little here.

everything is relative - compared to other Bills coaches Chan is indeed a genius - Around the NFL he'd be average or mediocre - and you got to remember the word football modifies the word genius in much the same way the word special modifies the word Olympics.

Darn Right. If we beat the Chiefs (or the Patriots), the Raiders, and the Bengals convincingly. I will sip this weird-flavored kool-aid everyone's drinking.

Hilarious. So simply winning isn't good enough? Do you have a particular "point spread of superiority" you hold your teams to?

Wow. The level of discussion around here really suffers some days.

Last year during the bengals game going into halftime, I felt we would win, I also felt that way during the lions game steelers game, chiefs game, dolphins game, and ravens game as opposed to the year before when I felt like no

Matter the lead we would find a way to lose it, ala mckelvin fumble against ne, Roscoe fumble against Cleveland.

Anyways to me (maybe not everybody else) that's proof enough, the fact that I feel we can score on anybody at any time, I don't think we will have a 2009 Cleveland browns replay with chan at the helm

Last year during the bengals game going into halftime, I felt we would win, I also felt that way during the lions game steelers game, chiefs game, dolphins game, and ravens game as opposed to the year before when I felt like no

Matter the lead we would find a way to lose it, ala mckelvin fumble against ne, Roscoe fumble against Cleveland.

Anyways to me (maybe not everybody else) that's proof enough, the fact that I feel we can score on anybody at any time, I don't think we will have a 2009 Cleveland browns replay with chan at the helm

The Bills offense certainly "looked" better last year, but the point that the results were not significantly better can legitimately be made (without being "crazy" or being barred from the site).

They held their own against several very good teams. They lost 3 OT games (passing, passing, passing each time). They scored 49 points in a single game agaisnt the Bengals--and then would only score 70 more points for the rest of the season (6 more games). Not sure why you feel we can score on anyone at any time, given that finish to the season.

If folks want to accept the orthodoxy that the Bills defense is without question better than 09, they are free to, of course. The rest of us can reserve judgement (and endure judgement) and resist conversion for now.

Crazy times indeed, when "feeling" is "fact" and therefore "proof" and anyone who doubts should not be allowed to post.

Serious question: did you believe that "7 win team" was particularly talented or headed in the right direction?

Clearly you know how I would answer that. In order to make an omelet you've got to break a few eggs, and what initially goes into the saute pan looks a whole lot worse than the finished product.

Last year the Bills were a scrambled mess of runny eggs; this year they're beginning to firm up and are just about ready for the fold-over.

Eball, like your analogy, understand your point....not sure something with "fold" in it is quite the right football descriptive?

Way to take "fact" out of context, of the last 6 games you speak of, on had the dynamic duo of brohm and brown running the show, the other was horrible!

Well I was saying how I feel, not you, not what the stats say or any of that jive, and speaking as someone who has been suspended from this sight recently, you probably made a good call

I sure as heck haven't found any. I've seen a mediocre body of work accompanied by a bunch of firings. I think if Chan was an ice cream flavor, he'd be DOUBLE VANILLA. Granted, he's all we can afford right now but how does he get away with the "stay the course" mentality. -Help me out a little here.

He's a football coach. No one in sports should be called a genius. Did you really gulp when you wrote this or was that for effect?

He's a football coach. No one in sports should be called a genius. Did you really gulp when you wrote this or was that for effect?

I gulped because I had a hard time swallowing the notion that Chan is a genius. -I still do.

"In the NFL, the future is now." -Dan Patrick (In a quote he probably stole from someone else.)

Edited by #34fan