Here's my Training Camp Report and Photos from 8/8/2011

I went yesterday afternoon and with no practice today, I took a nap after I got home from work this morning, so I just got this written and uploaded. Hope ya like it. It's one of my longer ones. Let me know what you all think.

Michael

----------------------------------------------------------

It's hard to believe, but Monday was Day 9 of Buffalo Bills Training Camp. There is only 6 open practices left at St. John Fisher. After an intense couple days in full pads, the Bills wore shoulder pads, shorts and the hitting was minimal. The team worked on their fundamentals in the individual drills, 7-on-7 passing drills, special teams work, and of course the full squad 11-on-11 drill. They also focused on a hurry up 2 minute drill and spent time working in the red zone. The defense definitely won the day as they did a great job shutting down the running game and harassing the quarterbacks. The offense was terrible.

Like always, the team worked on their fundamentals at the beginning of the day. The Linebackers practiced on the tackling dummy and the defensive linemen worked on their footwork. The cornerbacks spent time going over their routes and catching passes. The safeties eventually joined them. The team usually spends 10 minutes or more on these drills and then they began special teams work. The main focus of the drill was lining up for kickoffs. They practiced several times having the kickers pretend to kick the ball as they jogged in a line.

Following the special teams work, the Bills went right to the 11-on-11 drills and worked on running the ball. Fred Jackson started it off with a run up the middle for 4-yards. On the next play, Gailey had the team work on some wildcat and Brad Smith rushed up the middle on a quarterback keeper, but was met at the line by Nick Barnett who drilled him really hard. CJ Spiller got a chance next and ran up the middle for 8-yards. However, on the next play, he was stuffed at the line for no gain. Brad Smith then tried another keeper play, found a big hole up the middle and gained about 12-yards. Johnny White got the next chance and tried to get around the right tackle, but was stopped for no gain. On the next play Tyler Thigpen decided to dump the ball off to Jehuu Caulcrick for 6-yards. Johnny White then got another chance and ran up the middle for 7-yards. Bruce Hall, who was brought back over the weekend, got his shot and ran up the middle for 4-yards and was quickly tackled by Rajric Coleman. He then was stuffed on the next play. On the final play of the drill, Levi Brown threw a screen to Kamar Aiken for 5-yards. CLICK FOR MORE:

Edited by Mike32282

I went yesterday afternoon and with no practice today, I took a nap after I got home from work this morning, so I just got this written and uploaded. Hope ya like it. It's one of my longer ones. Let me know what you all think.

Michael

It's hard to believe, but Monday was Day 9 of Buffalo Bills Training Camp. There is only 6 open practices left at St. John Fisher. After an intense couple days in full pads, the Bills wore shoulder pads, shorts and the hitting was minimal. The team worked on their fundamentals in the individual drills, 7-on-7 passing drills, special teams work, and of course the full squad 11-on-11 drill. They also focused on a hurry up 2 minute drill and spent time working in the red zone. The defense definitely won the day as they did a great job shutting down the running game and harassing the quarterbacks. The offense was terrible.

Like always, the team worked on their fundamentals at the beginning of the day. The Linebackers practiced on the tackling dummy and the defensive linemen worked on their footwork. The cornerbacks spent time going over their routes and catching passes. The safeties eventually joined them. The team usually spends 10 minutes or more on these drills and then they began special teams work. The main focus of the drill was lining up for kickoffs. They practiced several times having the kickers pretend to kick the ball as they jogged in a line.

Following the special teams work, the Bills went right to the 11-on-11 drills and worked on running the ball. Fred Jackson started it off with a run up the middle for 4-yards. On the next play, Gailey had the team work on some wildcat and Brad Smith rushed up the middle on a quarterback keeper, but was met at the line by Nick Barnett who drilled him really hard. CJ Spiller got a chance next and ran up the middle for 8-yards. However, on the next play, he was stuffed at the line for no gain. Brad Smith then tried another keeper play, found a big hole up the middle and gained about 12-yards. Johnny White got the next chance and tried to get around the right tackle, but was stopped for no gain. On the next play Tyler Thigpen decided to dump the ball off to Jehuu Caulcrick for 6-yards. Johnny White then got another chance and ran up the middle for 7-yards. Bruce Hall, who was brought back over the weekend, got his shot and ran up the middle for 4-yards and was quickly tackled by Rajric Coleman. He then was stuffed on the next play. On the final play of the drill, Levi Brown threw a screen to Kamar Aiken for 5-yards. CLICK FOR MORE:

Mike thanks for the update....what can you tell me about Pears? I know he probably doesnt look like a pro bowler....but is he at least holding his own out there?

Mike thanks for the update....what can you tell me about Pears? I know he probably doesnt look like a pro bowler....but is he at least holding his own out there?

He's been a pretty good run blocker. Most of the runs come on the right side, but pass blocking is a bit shaky.

Michael

:thumbsup: THANKS as always!

Carrington @ OLB??

Didn't see that coming..

Thanks, Mike!:thumbsup:

Weird putting a 300lb man at OLB. Coaches are serious about stopping the run and are trying to find creative ways to make that happen. It'll be interesting to see if that pays off or bites us in the a$$.

Edited by Rockinon

I wanted to add one more thing. Here's my gallery where I post all my Training Camp photos. They are all high res. Just click on them to see the bigger photo.

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/Mikey82_photos/Buffalo%20Bills%20Training%20Camp%202011/

Mike, I am miffed. How on Earth do you take all these photos along with giving us such a thorough report? It seems impossible for one person to do. Do you have help? Do you speak into a recorder, & then go back & write what you've recorded? Amazing!

Although raised in the Buffalo area, I have lived in Steelers country for the past several decades. Between my work schedule, and the distance I would need to travel, there's a zero chance I will ever attend a Bills practice. I'm sure I speak for many others when I say thanks so much for your reports...VERY much appreciated, & VERY well done!!! You are our eyes & ears there!