A BIG MISTAKE AGAIN

I should know better :bag: .. .I should know better but I wanted current Bills' news and had a break at work to go online ... and I tuned into Schlep and Bull ... they were talking football but the two of them were confused about who was on what team. They are so clueless ... they were avoiding talking about the Bills except for laughing at the preseason point spread for the KC game.

I know this is a repeat category :wallbash: but won't someone please start a real sports talk station in Buffalo.

By the way, does GR ever talk about the Bisons? UB football or basketball? :unsure:

Oh well .. back to WHTK online or ESPN online ... these guys are a total waste ...

And, I hate starting another link about Schlep and Bull but they are AWFUL but my Buffalo sports addiction keeps me reaching back in hopes something good will be there for me .. but no no no no :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::censored:

Unfortunately us out of towners, we have no choice but to listen if we want any tidbit of live information on our loved team. Sadly, we even listen ( as much as our stomach will withstand ) when we have a whole day about a stupid subject like funny movie draft. Thought it was a sports show! What a waste.

As out of towners, we only get streaming from 3-7PM EST here with the rest being ESPN

What an improvement Sal Capaccio, Paul Hamilton or Joe B. would make in those prime hours. They could not have picked 2 more annoying, unknowledgeable guys.

Unfortunately us out of towners, we have no choice but to listen if we want any tidbit of live information on our loved team. Sadly, we even listen ( as much as our stomach will withstand ) when we have a whole day about a stupid subject like funny movie draft. Thought it was a sports show! What a waste.

As out of towners, we only get streaming from 3-7PM EST here with the rest being ESPN

What an improvement Sal Capaccio, Paul Hamilton or Joe B. would make in those prime hours. They could not have picked 2 more annoying, unknowledgeable guys.

I am tuned in to WHTK from Rochester right now ... they are broadcasting from camp and Fitz is live on the air.

Rochester Sports Talk can cover the BUFFALO Bills but Buffalo Sports Talk can't ... go figure.

I am tuned in to WHTK from Rochester right now ... they are broadcasting from camp and Fitz is live on the air.

Rochester Sports Talk can cover the BUFFALO Bills but Buffalo Sports Talk can't ... go figure.

Yeah I live in auburn (btwn syracuse and rochester) and listen to whtk. John ditulio (sp?) Has an excellent show from 3-6 weekdays. I believe wed is bills brothers and they spend the first hour covering only the bills. Its a great sports show and available on the iheartradio app for smart phones as well as streaming on the web at whtk.com

I swear I don't work for their sales department but maybe I should haha.... seriously tho I think you would enjoy it. The only buffalo radio I hear is when I'm @ the games but it sucks that a major metro area has to deal with poor sports talk really no excuse....

I made the same mistake today tuning in for Jerry Sunshine's Buffalo Bills moment. That guy is a broken record of misery. You hear his throat tighten up and his voice goes up an octave while he whines about the Bills. This is a guy who hasn't set foot at Bills camp telling people how he thinks they will do. This guy has a journalism degree or did he work his way up from paperboy?

Again, better Bills talk (among other topics) with Shredd & Regan on WEDG.com

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I am a huge fan of John Ditullio on WHTK. They talk Bills, Sabres, and SU more importantly, they take a lot of calls and treat their audience with respect, unlike doosh and dooshdog. Listen for yourself.

www.whtk.com

I made the same mistake today tuning in for Jerry Sunshine's Buffalo Bills moment. That guy is a broken record of misery. You hear his throat tighten up and his voice goes up an octave while he whines about the Bills. This is a guy who hasn't set foot at Bills camp telling people how he thinks they will do. This guy has a journalism degree or did he work his way up from paperboy?

PTR

Jerry Sunshine is the perfect name for him. It's like he is fueled by vitriol. Last week, as part of his column, he wrote a few paragraphs that were glowing about some NFL team (can't remember which one right now). And, I was just waiting for it - the last sentence being a dig along the lines of - this is what happens when your team makes the playoffs this century.

Shame is he's a talented writer (and yes he went to journalism school - the best one in the country (sorry, SU grads) - Missouri)

The reason why WGR is popular is that negativity sells, see Tea Party.

WGR: "Ralph is cheap, Ralph should sell the team."

Tea Party: "unions & govt are the problem(see Wisconsin & FAA), America has seen it's best days, If we raise taxes on the top 1% and biggest corporations we will kill the economy."

I am more concerned with finding solutions than pointing fingers.

I really hope the higher ups at WGR read this stuff, I used to look forward to listening to WGR after I get out of work, I'm a huge Buffalo fan and theres no access to radio or internet during my work day, these guys are worse than watching spent edwards play!!! Now I cant wait to get home so I can check out twobillsdrive.com and buffalobills.com. so I can get a fix, what a waste of air time, and the worst part is, they actually think that people like the B.S. they dish out, I literally turned them off 2 minutes after I heard what they were talking about, "playing in the dirt with his son", give me an f'n break, do any players even want to do interviews with them? I'll bet they dont!!!

I am a huge fan of John Ditullio on WHTK. They talk Bills, Sabres, and SU more importantly, they take a lot of calls and treat their audience with respect, unlike doosh and dooshdog. Listen for yourself.

www.whtk.com

I forgot about those guys...and the Score 1260 in Syracuse w/Brent Axe.

I really hope the higher ups at WGR read this stuff, I used to look forward to listening to WGR after I get out of work, I'm a huge Buffalo fan and theres no access to radio or internet during my work day, these guys are worse than watching spent edwards play!!! Now I cant wait to get home so I can check out twobillsdrive.com and buffalobills.com. so I can get a fix, what a waste of air time, and the worst part is, they actually think that people like the B.S. they dish out, I literally turned them off 2 minutes after I heard what they were talking about, "playing in the dirt with his son", give me an f'n break, do any players even want to do interviews with them? I'll bet they dont!!!

I think the suits at WGR think they are doing just fine. I've written folks with what I thought was a well-thought critique and suggestions on improvement and all I got was a form e-mail reply. I guess even suits don't like to be told how to do their jobs.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I used to love when I would come home I could turn on WGR and listen to Howard Simon. Howard Simon actually used to talk about the Bills, Sabres, ect. Now, if I turn on WGR I hear Shlep and the Bulldog. Shlep thinks he is absolutley brilliant, when he talks to a caller he talks down to the person as if he is superior. I don't mind Bulldog as much as Shlep, but none the less they are both annoying. I started to listen to WECK 1230, and I like them alot more than WGR 550.

I used to love when I would come home I could turn on WGR and listen to Howard Simon. Howard Simon actually used to talk about the Bills, Sabres, ect. Now, if I turn on WGR I hear Shlep and the Bulldog. Shlep thinks he is absolutley brilliant, when he talks to a caller he talks down to the person as if he is superior. I don't mind Bulldog as much as Shlep, but none the less they are both annoying. I started to listen to WECK 1230, and I like them alot more than WGR 550.

WECK sadly met its demise and is now elevator music but I was thrilled yesterday when I switched from SCHLEP and his BULL to John Ditullio on WHTK because he actually was at the BILLS camp and he actually had a LIVE on the FIELD INTERVIEW with Fitz! It gave some insight into Fitz and isn't that what SPORTS TALK is about to give us sports insight? Ditullio also had INTERVIEWS with others about sports and I didn't hear a single list and at no point in the interview did he state or imply that he didn't know what's going on.

I know where I'll tune on my computer ... just a shame that some Buffalo station doesn't simulcast him because when I am in Buffalo and driving about I am limited to SCHLEP and BULL in the afternoons unless I switch to national stuff on my XM such as ESPN.

If you are in Buffalo write the GM or Program Director of GR and ask them why they aren't out at Bills camp. At the same time let the advertisers know that you aren't happy.

If you are in Buffalo write the GM or Program Director of GR and ask them why they aren't out at Bills camp. At the same time let the advertisers know that you aren't happy.

Not to defend them but they do have Joe Buscaglia at camp. It's not his fault that he happens to bethere when it's movie draft month.

Let's see - Howard has always been on in the mornings at GR, never in the afternoon...And, WECK has been all music for at least a month.

I agree 550 sucks.I was in Pittsburgh not long ago and you should hear how good their sports radio sounds.I just cant believe how long those two guys have been allowed to be on the radio.A few years back there was a dispute between 550 and the Bills.Thats why they rarely talk about the Bills.90% of the time they ignore the Bills and talk over and over and over about the Sabres.

Edited by playboy reese 2.0

PTR

Jerry is one misreable guy. He's equally critical of the Sabres who have actually made legit moves to improve the team. His wife must have the patience of a saint. 0:)