A lot of people think the Bills stink

I follow ESPN NFL countdown on Facebook and I am pretty blown away at how many people think the Bills are going to be the worst team in the NFL this year. I am hopeful that we could challenge for a wild card spot but realistically I think this team is still growing and probably will win about 7 games. Do people think the Bills stink because of an anti-Buffalo bias or is it the multiple cheap shots from lazy NFL punditry? Who is the worst team in the league this year? I don't think any of the AFC east teams are in the bottom 5. I personally think that the 49ers, Bengals, and Carolina will be the bottom three.

https://www.facebook.com/ESPNCountdown/posts/116229525142090

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vikes have a new coach. The Bungles are just as bad as ever and the 49's are perrenial losers too. Jacksonville ain't doing so good either and the Titan's have a new coach too. The Bills have a chance of moving out of the lower 10% this year, under Chan's guidance and a stronger defense.

Hopefully, the OL will hold throughout the season and wildcat will work, and not be a bust. Our special teams have been hideous for a long time (exception Lindel and Moorman). If that area and the OL improves, we have a shot at 8-8 or even better. The Cowgirls, the Vikes, and Titans have new coaches so don't expect anything pretty out of them.

Be positive, we only suck at the end of the year...we have 16 weeks to groan.

I definitely don't think the Bills are the worst this year. We might even get a moderately entertaining offense. I think our defense still has a long way to go before we will be competing for a WC though. I am thinking 5-7 win range, maybe 1 or 2 more if our defense makes some strides towards the end of the year.

We have great depth at WR, DB, QB(Flame away, but I like Thigpen, especially in this system)

We have major holes at LB, OL, and TE. Still trying to find starters, let alone depth.

RB we are ok

DL ok, with potential to become good.

Teams like Seattle, Washington, Cincy, Arizona, Tennessee, Minnesota, Carolina, and Miami all look to be worse off IMO.

Remember when we many of us (including myself) were hoping for Shanahan? The mess he is creating down in Washington is starting to make me feel pretty good about Chan/Nix

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I follow ESPN NFL countdown on Facebook and I am pretty blown away at how many people think the Bills are going to be the worst team in the NFL this year. I am hopeful that we could challenge for a wild card spot but realistically I think this team is still growing and probably will win about 7 games. Do people think the Bills stink because of an anti-Buffalo bias or is it the multiple cheap shots from lazy NFL punditry? Who is the worst team in the league this year? I don't think any of the AFC east teams are in the bottom 5. I personally think that the 49ers, Bengals, and Carolina will be the bottom three.

It's probably because according to our record we were a bottom 5 team last year.

Washington with John Beck or Rex Grossman starting at QB are in the running.

How about Cinci with Andy Dalton, or possibly Jordan "I'm no Carson" Palmer at QB? (Andy Dalton may have a future in this league, but as a rookie in that offense, I think his future more likely includes a trip to the hospital.)

If anyone here is old enough to remember the 1988 season, no one saw the Bills getting within one game of the Super Bowl. In fact I vividly recall every publication and TV show picking us for last place. Fact is no one sees the freight train coming until it runs them over. Gailey must be dancing a jig over the Bills being overlooked. We want that. No better place for us to be.

FYI:

1986 Bills 4-12

1987 Bills 7-8

1988 Bills 12-4

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

we won 4 games...we stink.

In fact, I don't think we would be considered anything special if we won 7 games.

Wanna not stink? win nine games.

Too True. I guess I'm just thinking that we might not be the worst team in the AFC east this year let alone the league. I guess I just think back to the games we should have won... against the Steelers, Chiefs, and Ravens. I see a team that while not very good, didn't quit and showed a lot of pluck. I am optimistic that we will be in a lot of games and not get blown out the way the worst team in the league tend to.

You say to stop watching ESPN, but I have the NFL Network and all they do is visit Jets, Pats, Eagles & Viking camps. They don't talk about anyone else - it's frustrating.

Someone said it above and to paraphrase, no one will give the Bills their due until they beat someone and win at least 8 games.

We have been irrelevent for over 10 years. Despite disagreeing with the reasons the pundits give for our morass, we have no success when we scream "they are wrong", because we aren't winning and no one cares to take the time and delve into the reasons - the bottom line is we have been losing for too long.

Take the OL - for so many years most have been saying we need OL - us too & we have all be right - but the Bills have been trying to build it in an unconventional way (OK - I am being kind). Maybe this year the Bills will be right - but Bell and the right side will need to prove Buddy right. They do that by keeping Fitz upright and helping the team win 8 games - then Buddy can say I told you so! If the Bills struggle (only win 4-5 games), pundits will say it's because we have had OL problems since 2000 and haven't adequately addressed the issue either in the draft or FA.

You know as a Bill fan I think "hey if that guy can get and stay healthy" "and that guy got a little experience so he should be better now" "and player x put on some weight so he'll be better" and "they'll know the system now" "and what are the odds of getting 15+ players injured for the 3rd straight year"

or to sum it up " lets see Dareus our first round pick will make our DL better and a better DL will make our LBs better and better LBs will make our DBs better so we will have a better defense and that will give our offense more chances which will tire out the opposing defense which will make Spiller more effective which will open things up for Fitzy which will bring Evans back to form which will open things up for Johnson which will clear things out for Chandler which will make the offense explosive and run up the score which will let the DLine pin back it's ears which will make Kyle Williams a super star which will help Dareus."

Strangely enough I don't make these logic chains for the Jags or Panthers or the Bengals

Actually, finding worse teams is the point of this thread. :rolleyes:

I logically don't think the Bills are the worst-and I am legitimately surprised at how many people in the media and on Facebook that think the Bills are the absolute worst team this year. The Panthers and the Bengals in my opinion are worse.

Let 'em say what they want. It's like the '05-'06 Sabres. Let us come out of nowhere. We may not be top 10% this year, but we'll start working our way out the basement. I'd rather blow their minds than have to fight exceedingly ridiculous expectations (SEE: PHILLY (disclaimer: I'm not saying Philly won't, and that there is any reason to believe that they can't, I just hate a ton of hype))

I logically don't think the Bills are the worst-and I am legitimately surprised at how many people in the media and on Facebook that think the Bills are the absolute worst team this year. The Panthers and the Bengals in my opinion are worse.

The Bills aren't even close to the worst team in the NFL. Any talk that they are is stupid.

We will probably be better than last year, but that's not saying much. I'm thinking 6 or 7 wins. We still have a way to go.