Ipad 2 or Asus Transformer

zevo

anyone have any experience with these two tabs? Ive narrowed it down to these two....leaning towards transformer due to android as my phone is android and I have found an app to teather the two...any thoughts or suggestions?

anyone have any experience with these two tabs? Ive narrowed it down to these two....leaning towards transformer due to android as my phone is android and I have found an app to teather the two...any thoughts or suggestions?

I have an iPad 1. I got to play with the ASUS pad yesterday. Frankly...I'd take the ASUS, hands-down, simply because I hate Apple's ridiculously draconian business model ("You put something on your iPad...it belongs to us now! Bwaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!") And because I want to do mobile development, which I can't do for the iPad without paying Apple for the privilege.

But really...the thing that made the IPad what it was isn't the hardware, it's the integration with iTunes that makes it a mobile media device. That's also why they're so draconian about linking content to hardware via their infrastructure - they understand that's both what makes the iPad attractive to consumers, and is a significant revenue generator for them. I considered buying an ASUS - but I'm holding out for Amazon's Android oft-rumored table (supposedly due for release in October), since they'll be the first company to release one that can link hardware and content in such a way as to challenge the iPad.

And God, do I hope they're successful. I !@#$ing hate Apple.

I haven't looked at the differences between the Transformer and the Xoom, but I have the latter and love it. SD slot (finally activated), regular HDMI cable (Apple has a proprietary format that you have to pay $40 for), multiple app stores (Amazon gives away a free app every day, the official marketplace is nice too). And like Tom said, I hate the iTunes ecosystem - if they don't get a cut of the deal, you're not allowed to play with them. No thanks.

Since you already have an Android phone, an Android tablet is a no-brainer (similar to folks who get an iPad simply because they already have apps for their iPhone).

I have an iPad 1. I got to play with the ASUS pad yesterday. Frankly...I'd take the ASUS, hands-down, simply because I hate Apple's ridiculously draconian business model ("You put something on your iPad...it belongs to us now! Bwaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!") And because I want to do mobile development, which I can't do for the iPad without paying Apple for the privilege.

But really...the thing that made the IPad what it was isn't the hardware, it's the integration with iTunes that makes it a mobile media device. That's also why they're so draconian about linking content to hardware via their infrastructure - they understand that's both what makes the iPad attractive to consumers, and is a significant revenue generator for them. I considered buying an ASUS - but I'm holding out for Amazon's Android oft-rumored table (supposedly due for release in October), since they'll be the first company to release one that can link hardware and content in such a way as to challenge the iPad.

And God, do I hope they're successful. I !@#$ing hate Apple.

Give in. Resistance is futile. :ph34r:

I'm typing this from the ipad2. Love it,andt I actually use it for work more than home because it's great for taking to meetings and using for notes and the office suite rather than taking my laptop with me - absolutely somethign you can do with an android tablet as well . I can't speak to the transformer, but if you prefer android it seems like a great device based on the cnet review I saw. I could be wrong, but I don't think it comes with the keyboard. I'd go to best buy and try both out and see what you like. I am one of the few that likes apple BECAUSE of the strict controls they put on the app store. I may miss out on 47 iterations of a fart app because apple is so "closed" but Im ok with that :) I don't have to dig through piles of garbage on the app store to get what I'm after - and for the most part the apps are of high quality.

I am one of the few that likes apple BECAUSE of the strict controls they put on the app store. I may miss out on 47 iterations of a fart app because apple is so "closed" but Im ok with that :) I don't have to dig through piles of garbage on the app store to get what I'm after - and for the most part the apps are of high quality.

Ummm, I think you might be confused; just because everyone has to pay King Jobs for the privilege of using the mighty iOS platform, doesn't mean that there isn't a pile of garbage apps on the platform. As an example, here's a video of 31 fart apps for the iPhone being used in 90 seconds...

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/02/10/31-fart-apps-in-90-seconds/

Don't like the iPad??????? Good luck with the bugs,and crashes with that *other* crap.

Oh, and by the way: As usual: Windoze 7 (The 'latest,and greatest' in buggy crap) SUCKS! (I have to use that schitt every day at work)

Bugs and crashes on that "other" crap? Windows 7 is buggy and sucks...? Maybe it's time to look in the mirror.:ph34r: