Asante Samuel

Lol!!!!!

I think you overestimate Both Lee and Roscoes values. Together, they wouldn't be worth Samuel. Desean is in a league on his own. There isn't a single WR on this team that's as good as he is, with a possible exception for Stevie. Where do you get your weed from?

i guess i should have put an emoticon in there... <_<

For what it's worth, today at camp Williams was on the field with the first team most of the day and kept Evans in check for the most part. Lee had a long reception but I don't think he was covered by Williams on that play. Can't remember. Bu for the most part he looked really good out there. He towers over the other corners also. Mark it down, he'll be starting from day one.

I was there as well. The long TD was over McKelvin. I remember as I couldn't figure out why CJ Spiller was covering Evans.....until I remembered the number switch. :oops:

i guess i should have put an emoticon in there... <_<

Sorry. Sometmes I can't figure out who is joking or not about the lobe for Lee and Roscoe on this board.

I was there as well. The long TD was over McKelvin. I remember as I couldn't figure out why CJ Spiller was covering Evans.....until I remembered the number switch. :oops:

Thanks BFMD. I didn't know who it was. How would you say Williams looked? Was my description correct? I'm curious if I have rose colored glasses on or if he was as good as I thought he was.

I know this is a longshot, but I think the Bills should really try trading for Asante Samuel. Our pass rush has been brutal for a long time now, which has allowed alot of big plays in the secondary, and the pass rush, on paper, will improve minorly at best this year. Buffalo is looking at moving Kyle Williams to defensive end, and the idea of moving DT to DE has blown up in our faces with recent experiments-see Marcus Stroud. The d-backfield is mediocre at best! Drayton Florence is probably our best DB, Leodis McKelvin is looking more-and-more like a bona fide bust, Terrence McGee used to be a really good corner but he's beginning to be pretty injury-prone. Our second-best DB is probably Reggie Corner, which says a lot... I say send Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish and a 5th Round pick to get Samuel. We need him, and, he knows Tom Brady's tendancies very well from his New England days. Thoughts?

No, we need our draft picks, unless you want to go player for player which Spiller would be ideal or maybe Evans and certainly not Williams he is our best D-lineman, what are you thinking.

I know this is a longshot, but I think the Bills should really try trading for Asante Samuel. Our pass rush has been brutal for a long time now, which has allowed alot of big plays in the secondary, and the pass rush, on paper, will improve minorly at best this year. Buffalo is looking at moving Kyle Williams to defensive end, and the idea of moving DT to DE has blown up in our faces with recent experiments-see Marcus Stroud. The d-backfield is mediocre at best! Drayton Florence is probably our best DB, Leodis McKelvin is looking more-and-more like a bona fide bust, Terrence McGee used to be a really good corner but he's beginning to be pretty injury-prone. Our second-best DB is probably Reggie Corner, which says a lot... I say send Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish and a 5th Round pick to get Samuel. We need him, and, he knows Tom Brady's tendancies very well from his New England days. Thoughts?

A quick and simple NO!

Last year's missing run defense negatively impacted the entire defensive backfield but as this preseason moves forward I feel good about who will be starting versus Kansas City.

Although I haven't been to camp (too far of a drive from South Jersey), Aaron Williams is going to make an impact (He has been energized about the NFL since the draft and is claiming bragging rights with his fellow Longhorns!) and could very well start opposite Florence. Florence is coming off a solid year and will provide balance to Williams' youthful aggressiveness. And, that gives us McKelvin and McGee as the primary depth with Reggie Corner whom the coaching staff seems to love and Justin Rogers who I think is going to impress as a rookie for additional strengh.

Buddy is building an aggressive defense and Assante is a classic whiner who breaks apart clubhouses. As a non-Eagle fan in 'Iggles territory' it is fun to watch him whine in the papers because it creates some issues for Coach Andy.

Lol!!!!!

I think you overestimate Both Lee and Roscoes values. Together, they wouldn't be worth Samuel. Desean is in a league on his own. There isn't a single WR on this team that's as good as he is, with a possible exception for Stevie. Where do you get your weed from?

Sarcasm is often lost on this board...*sigh*:doh:

Sorry. Sometmes I can't figure out who is joking or not about the lobe for Lee and Roscoe on this board.

Thanks BFMD. I didn't know who it was. How would you say Williams looked? Was my description correct? I'm curious if I have rose colored glasses on or if he was as good as I thought he was.

I think you had it correct. He put himself in good position and certainly was not burned (which is typically when DB's stand out). However, considering his rookie status and this early in camp, he seems to be doing all the right things. He was a bit physical with receivers as well which is a welcome sight. Not sure if he'll start day one given our secondary being one of our 'strengths' (gasp). With McGee, Florence, Corner, McKelvin et al he has some 'capable' players in front. I hope you're right though.....if he's better its an upgrade...and it means we are doing good things in the draft.

The Best CB in the league last year was not Revis or Asoumgha(SP?). Samuel was statistically the best CB in the league last year. If you have a chance to go out and get the best option at a position you have to at least inquire about it. Our CB depth is not as strong as everyone thinks it is.

McGee - Aging and is oft injured. Can he stay healthy?

Florence - Solid #2 CB. But he is Mr. Illegal Contact for a reason.

Williams - Rookie. Unknown. Could be good, could be another out of the league in a few years.

McKelvin - Solid #2 CB. Can he finally live up to all the hype?

Corner - Nickle CB at best.

Tell me why you would not inquire about a sure thing when you dont really have one?

OT but, Phili is building a power house this year. I see them as the NFC favorite.

Terrance McGee is injury prone, but when he plays, he's the best corner on the Bills. He's one of the most underrated corners in the NFL. Also, I think you're forgetting about Drayton Florence. Although he's not a fan favorite, he's a very good corner. Leodis hasn't lived up to the #8 pick or w/e he was, but he's still a pretty good corner.

Terrance McGee is injury prone, but when he plays, he's the best corner on the Bills. He's one of the most underrated corners in the NFL. Also, I think you're forgetting about Drayton Florence. Although he's not a fan favorite, he's a very good corner. Leodis hasn't lived up to the #8 pick or w/e he was, but he's still a pretty good corner.

A couple years ago your statement would have been 100% accurate, but he has lost a step at least, without taking into consideration that your statement says "when healthy" which he hardly ever is anymore.

I know this is a longshot, but I think the Bills should really try trading for Asante SamuelPeyton Manning. Our pass rush quarterback play has been brutal for a long time now, which has allowed prevented alot(sic) of big plays in the secondary, and the pass rushprotection, on paper, will improve minorly(sic) at best this year. Buffalo is looking at moving Kyle Williams Eric Wood to defensive endcenter, and the idea of moving DT to DE offensive linemen has blown up in our faces with recent experiments-see Marcus StroudLangston Walker. The do-backfield is mediocre at best! Drayton Florence Fitz is probably our best DQB, Leodis McKelvin Brown is looking more-and-more like a bona fide bust, Terrence McGee Thigpen used to be a really good corner QB but he's beginning to be pretty injury-prone. Our second-bestDQB is probably Reggie CornerBrown, which says a lot... I say send Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish and a 5th Round pick to get SamuelManning. We need him, and, he knows Tom Brady's tendancies very well from his New England daysplayoff games. Thoughts?

Edited by Erik Flowers

Has Asante recorded a tackle yet in his career? I love his signature, jump the route, almost get a hand on the ball and then miss the tackle. Any Eagles fan can tell you all about it. Samuels best days were in New England where it almost seemed like he knew what the offense was going to do. His instincts just haven't been the same since he left.

Has Asante recorded a tackle yet in his career? I love his signature, jump the route, almost get a hand on the ball and then miss the tackle. Any Eagles fan can tell you all about it. Samuels best days were in New England where it almost seemed like he knew what the offense was going to do. His instincts just haven't been the same since he left.

Geeze - wonder why that was? 0:)

The Best CB in the league last year was not Revis or Asomugha. Samuel was statistically the best CB in the league last year.

Samuel was statistically the best CB in the league last year?

Did he have stats like this?

"The shutdown corner lived up to his title once again in the 2010 season. While shadowing the opposing teams top receiver most of the season, Asomugha was still targeted much less than any other cornerback in the NFL. Asomugha allowed just 10 receptions on the 27 passes thrown his way (37% completion rate). Most important, Asomugha did not give up a touchdown all year."