5th Round Draft Pick RB White

I think it is pretty clear from the way Gailey operates his Os that it is a mistake to simply view the White question is whether he is a more productive rusher than Spiller. It would be a mistake to assume that just because White dpes well it forces Spiller to the bench. What it actually does as a first cut is make it more likely that Spiller lines up wide as a WR. He might even see more PT than he would if White does well and makes a more productive use of Spiller as a WR.

In fact, there is a lot to be said for getting the Spiller the ball out in space where one move might give him a path to the endzone.

The primary likely items which will determine how much PT White sees are:

1. How he does on ST.

2. Whether he does good blitz pick-up

3. How he helps the passing game (either his own receiving abilities or runs and pick up well enough to allow Spiller to focus on receiving

rather than how well he runs.

Apparently White had a good day today by all acounts

They say he is explosive through the hole and runs low to the ground

Will he make the roster as 3rd RB behing Fred Jackson and Spiller

Does he have more than 5 children by different women and is he working his way up to a dozen? If not he is not the running back I want for the Bills.

A number of draft analysts referred to White as a "steal" when he didn't go until the 5th round. I've posted about him before, but I watched all of his games last season and he was very effective when pressed into duty as Carolina's primary RB early in the season.

Looking at the Bills' roster it's unlikely he would make a big impact at RB this year (barring injuries) but I fully expect him to be a ST demon and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him form a productive tandem with Spiller down the road.

Thanks for that EBall i didnt no much about him, just going on what i heard. Do you know if he can catch becaz that was my biggest fear, that if he did et gametime it would limit him to run plays

Yes, his versatility is what makes him a great pick. He was listed as a WR on Carolina's depth chart and played several games at that position before switching to full-time RB.

I think it is pretty clear from the way Gailey operates his Os that it is a mistake to simply view the White question is whether he is a more productive rusher than Spiller. It would be a mistake to assume that just because White dpes well it forces Spiller to the bench. What it actually does as a first cut is make it more likely that Spiller lines up wide as a WR. He might even see more PT than he would if White does well and makes a more productive use of Spiller as a WR.

In fact, there is a lot to be said for getting the Spiller the ball out in space where one move might give him a path to the endzone.

The primary likely items which will determine how much PT White sees are:

1. How he does on ST.

2. Whether he does good blitz pick-up

3. How he helps the passing game (either his own receiving abilities or runs and pick up well enough to allow Spiller to focus on receiving

rather than how well he runs.

Hplarrm you usually post too much common sense. Keep on posting. You don't often get many replies but I bet you are read more often than you think. White should be fine.

Agreed. It's much more insightful and deals with the here and now instead of the would-a-could-a-should-a-and-I-know-better analysis pissed out by dozens of posters year after year.

Yes, his versatility is what makes him a great pick. He was listed as a WR on Carolina's depth chart and played several games at that position before switching to full-time RB.

So you mean he was a bust at WR and a bust at RB. :devil::ph34r::lol: We're BillFanOne!

Hplarrm you usually post too much common sense. Keep on posting. You don't often get many replies but I bet you are read more often than you think. White should be fine.

Many thanks for the kind words and no prob for me whether folks reply or not. As I have long said in my several guises on TSW, I actually often go into one my lengthy screeds because I am thinking out loud where things are in Bills land rather than seeking specific input.

From time to time if anyone chooses to follow me in a thread or even in a single post, I will actually convince myself of the opposite opinion than the one I originally offered being the more correct view because I thought it out as I posited my opinion.

The really neat thing from TSW is that I also will often find new factoids about situations and players offered on TSW which are new to me and even from time to time, new perspectives I had not thought about.

Some folks use the web simply to confirm views they already had (even if in some tea party kind of way their "facts" are demonstrably incorrect but for the dittoheads out there fact-free opinions is how they seem to look at life).

The great thing about TSW for me is that amidst a lot of doctrinaire rambling by many, there actually is some good info and perspectives about the Bills. These moments make it easy for me to take the best and forget the rest.

If some classify my ramblings as the rest, that is fine by me. If some like a sometimes piece as the best then I am simply honored.

Again, many thanks.

this kid could be someone who gains experience in the short term with the hope that he could be with us in the long term. i thought i recalled hearing that he was a gritty straight ahead style runner who was a willing if not spectacular blocker. also i believe he has good hands and a great attitude. it would be great for him to leard under freddy for a while, then when mr. jackson is ready to call it a carreer, he can pass the torch. but, i'm always optimistic.

Apparently White had a good day today by all acounts

They say he is explosive through the hole and runs low to the ground

Will he make the roster as 3rd RB behing Fred Jackson and Spiller

Yes, I highly doubt they use a pick on a guy to fill a 3rd RB role that was vacant last year and then cut him after only one camp. Unless of course one of the UDFAs beat him out which I don't see happening.