Wood to Center

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/07/29/wood-to-line-up-at-center/

It came as little surprise but Chan Gailey confirmed that Eric Wood will line up at center and compete with Geoff Hangartner.

Gailey said his job is to put the best players on the field and has some guards that he’s trying to give the opportunity to start.

The Bills first practice is Saturday afternoon.

If the Bills could actually convince a couple free agents to sign, Hang might be a candidate for a late training camp cut. He can breathe easy as long as we're below the salary floor, though.

If the Bills could actually convince a couple free agents to sign, Hang might be a candidate for a late training camp cut. He can breathe easy as long as we're below the salary floor, though.

Hangartner has a great reputation in the locker room and he could definitely help out if we needed a back up interior lineman. Based on Kelsay's contributions, Geoff should be in line for an extension!

I would be very, very surprised if he were to be cut. He's been a solid player that can play guard or center. Perfect backup.

Not getting rid of Hang-man. He has great value as a capable back up at all three interior positions. Plus, his superior intelligence is a huge asset. He's not going anywhere. Moreover, what if the grand Urbrik experiment doesn't work out?

Edited by CSBill

I'm astonished. You mean a Bills coaching staff that realized one player is far superior to the other? And they are going to stick with the far superior player!?!?! Now thats something new.

Now where was I, o yes, Kelsay.....