Thoughts on Greg Olsen?

He's an excellent receiver, but he doesn't block and that's why he's on the outs in Chi-town.

And Martz is not too big on utilizing TEs in his offense. The Bears also have two other semi-veteran TEs on the roster so Olsen may indeed be expendable. I wouldn't mind getting him for a 5th or lower, if we dont go after/get Boss.

GREG OLSEN FOR LEE EVANS?? :thumbsup:

This actually isn't a horrible idea and I bet we could get a 5th, 6th, or 7th back. Can you call Buddy Nix and tell him.

Cutler can throw the long ball, and Lee Evans would be a nice fit for Chicago.

It's one of those nice matches for both sides that will probably never happen.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I would love to see the Bills get Olsen...he is talented, a good blocker, and great receiver...he is under-utilized in Martz system. That said, it seems like the Bills priorities, and what I think they should be, are rarely in synch. Who knows, we may have a very good TE on our roster already, but we never seem to be able to figure a way to work them into the offense, as a receiving weapon, because they always need to stay in pass protection. I think Nelson has shown to be a good receiver.

GREG OLSEN FOR LEE EVANS?? :thumbsup:

I am not on board with this idea. If we lose Evans, we are left without a veteran WR who is capable of being a #1. Easley is unproven, Stevie needs to prove that last year was not a fluke, Parrish is only a slot receiver. Getting Olsen as a midrange, flat and EZ threat is very tempting but not at the cost of losing Evans.

I am not on board with this idea. If we lose Evans, we are left without a veteran WR who is capable of being a #1. Easley is unproven, Stevie needs to prove that last year was not a fluke, Parrish is only a slot receiver. Getting Olsen as a midrange, flat and EZ threat is very tempting but not at the cost of losing Evans.

Am I the only one left who still likes Lee Evans...he is probably the only guy on the team I would be pissed to see gone...unless they got something terrific in return...

olsen comment by bears writer

Chicago_bears_v_eb86

The Chicago Tribune reported Tuesday Morning that Greg Olsen’s agent Drew Rodenhaus sent an email to all of the NFL teams suggesting that the Chicago Bears are looking to move Greg Olsen. Within minutes, the email was rescinded. Attempts to reach Rodenhaus by the Tribune were unsuccessful for comment on this strange situation. All of you should know by now where I stand on Olsen. He should have been on my overrated list, but you have to be actually rated before you can be overrated. Most fans are onto how much this guy is a soft blocker, pass dropper and generally crappy football player. In order to be an elite tight end, you have to be able to at least do something. Doing nothing makes you a disgrace to the Chicago Bears. I am sure by now the other NFL teams know what brutal football player Olsen is by now as well. This does not mean that a team may not take a shot at him, but his value has plummeted. Too bad the New England Patriots pulled the second-round draft pick off the...

Original Story: http://www.bearsheadquarters.com/2011... Verified_ybn

i d rather have evans after hearing this

Or keep the picks and sign Boss? Rather do that than give up picks which Nix and co. value.

But I doubt we have the desire to match whatever the Giants throw at him. So why not go after a guy who's equally better thus avoiding a bidding war that could cost us heavily?

But I doubt we have the desire to match whatever the Giants throw at him. So why not go after a guy who's equally better thus avoiding a bidding war that could cost us heavily?

Olsen is a FA after the yr. can will cost a lot to get him back. Boss we can save picks and lock up for 4+ yrs. Boss is a better blocker as well imo while Olsen is the better recever and I'd rather have a good blocker.

So 2 picks plus big contract or a decent size contract?

Edited by bills_red