The Day After Default

Um, actually the will of the people is what got some of these hard headed republicans elected, ever hear of the TEA Party?

It's amazing to me that people like Harry Reid stand up and insist the Tea Party has taken over, the prospect of them holding the country hostage "is very scary," and that the intent is to compromise to come up with solutions, all while simultaneously announcing that the Boehner plan is DOA at the Senate. Meanwhile, the WH says we must have compromise and work together for a balanced approach, and in the process of NOT releasing its own plan, also immediately pipes up with "Oh, and we plan to veto whatever comes out of Congress."

But the Tea Party is the problem. And do you know why? Because they just suddenly showed up. Apparently they weren't elected by their constituents. They just showed up and started taking things over. So they must be stopped.

I will argue that the Tea Party is not part of the problem, but part of the solution, because if you take the Tea Party out of the equation, no one in DC...and I mean NO ONE...would be talking about addressing the problems with our debt and deficit. The debt ceiling would be raised, spending would continue, and Washington would be back to normal...just like Obama promised during his first campaign.

Edited by LABillzFan

If anyone of them were serious a deal should be done through compromise. Lets face it we need to reform the entitlement programs, make dramatic cuts in defense, close tax loop holes and roll back the Bush Tax Cuts. All of that needs to happen. As much as you believe Obama is a mop or whatever, the other side in equally lame and can not be trusted to have the will of the people in mind when they propose their plans.

I disagree; I think we need to make dramatic cuts in entitlement programs and reform defense spending.

If anyone of them were serious a deal should be done through compromise. Lets face it we need to reform the entitlement programs, make dramatic cuts in defense, close tax loop holes and roll back the Bush Tax Cuts. All of that needs to happen. As much as you believe Obama is a mop or whatever, the other side in equally lame and can not be trusted to have the will of the people in mind when they propose their plans.

American voters don't want tax increases.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/taxes/july_2011/55_oppose_tax_hike_in_debt_ceiling_deal

Hey, now Senate Republicans are threatening to Filibuster Reid's plan! Osama Bin Laden couldn't have dreamed of a better situation to cripple the country. Boenher's plan is dead in the very House he "leads." GOP blocking anything in the Democratic Senate, Rush Limbo and the rest of the Conservative movement is demanding nothing get done unless its with some crazy plan that the majority does not want at all. Bat-sheet crazy these people are.

Side note: Cramer of Mad Money yesterday made the same comparison I had to 1861 and political acrimony. Lincoln was called the Black Republican, of course because he was anti-slavery. That's the reason the South tried to destroy the Union, of course. Now we have a black President and the Conservatives want to cripple evil government.

Republican Larry Kudlow was literally begging his fellow Republicans to get this done. But these people are just so full of hate they will never budge. And even if they did, it really wouldn't matter, they will just paralyze the system some other way rather than allow a black President to to succeed. Dark days ahead for our country

It has nothing to do with him being black. It's because he's an !@#$.

First off, there will be no default, and whoever says that there will be is either a complete partisan or an idiot. One of the two.

Having said that, whoever thinks that eliminating 40% of what the government spends wont have serious adverse affects on the economy is either a complete partisan or an idiot. One of the two.

In other words, roughly half of you in this thread fall in this category. :beer:

First off, there will be no default, and whoever says that there will be is either a complete partisan or an idiot. One of the two.

Having said that, whoever thinks that eliminating 40% of what the government spends wont have serious adverse affects on the economy is either a complete partisan or an idiot. One of the two.

In other words, roughly half of you in this thread fall in this category. :beer:

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.