Fitzpatrick vs Jets if this happens?

Asomugha and Revis on the same team? Jets are interested in making this happen. We're not beating the Jets if they sign this guy. It's not even right. With that pass rush and that CB tandem? We'll be starting the season 0-4 (2 losses to Jets and Pats)

:wallbash:

Asomugha and Revis on the same team? Jets are interested in making this happen. We're not beating the Jets if they sign this guy. It's not even right. With that pass rush and that CB tandem? We'll be starting the season 0-4 (2 losses to Jets and Pats)

Actually I thought that pass rush was an area of concern for the Jets (and the Patsies*).

I think their pass rush was average last year.

Trying to figure out how the Jets could make this happen because it seems they are very tight to the cap.

Of course two years ago I said that there was no way the Redskins had the cap room to sign Albert Haynesworth so there's that too.

We aren't going to be either the Jets or Pats this year, this is a 4-12 team if things go well.

Actually I thought that pass rush was an area of concern for the Jets (and the Patsies*).

Trying to figure out how the Jets could make this happen because it seems they are very tight to the cap.

Of course two years ago I said that there was no way the Redskins had the cap room to sign Albert Haynesworth so there's that too.

Yea...having the 6th most sacks in the league is definately not getting the job done in the pass rush dept.

And... that is why we play the game. :wallbash:

Unfortunately our line was also average at best as a whole.

I was thinking the same. Maybe he will be willing to take less money to be on a contending team.

Spread the field... they can't cover EVERYONE...

Realistically, this game is a LOT about talent, but it's also about evaluating and prepping for the other team (we struggle there too, I know), but it's not impossible to find a teams tendancies, strengths and weaknesses and use them to your advantage.

Yea...having the 6th most sacks in the league is definately not getting the job done in the pass rush dept.

When I say "thought" and "think," that means I'm not sure but I'm guessing based on my recollection.

My recollection was wrong. I was also wrong about Haynesworth, which is no surprise.

Thanks very much for correcting me.

You could try to run the ball too. I don't think they will get him. I have to think that anyway...

They might have to release/trade Braylon Edwards if that happens.

Edited by judman

I guess I'm curious as to what the purpose of this thread is.

The Jets, regardless of the fact that we happen to be in their division, and in spite of anyone's opinions regarding Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez et. al., finished as a runner-up in the conference championship game last winter, AND the winter before that.

They are, sadly, a great team.

A great team, with home-grown talent, that may be adding another piece.

We finished 4-12. Are we going to catch the Jets next season? Probably not.

Let's start focusing on the middle tier of AFC talent - the Colts, the Chiefs, the Chargers, the Jaguars. We're not going to win the division and get a bye this year... probably. What can we do to go 10-6 and snatch a wild-card away from one of the aforementioned teams.

Personally? I'm psyched. This is a team that showed a lot of heart in the middle of last season, upgraded their D-Line, brought in Wanny as an assistant coach, have Fitz as a starter all year, and have a year playing together under their belt. I'd be pumped with 6-8 wins, and I hope we get it, and continue building towards the future.

This is twobillsdrive.com though, so let's spin this into an analysis about how buddy nix took a nap and missed the opportunity to bring ralph wilson to the negotiating table with roger goodell to buy the bills a playoff spot, which ralph wouldn't have attended anyways, (because he's too cheap,) but really, nix's nap was due to the fact that ralph had slipped him a sedative in his earl grey, because ralph has a handshake agreement with both roger gooddell and the city of los angeles to move the bills there.

Edited by JohnnyGold

Spread the field... they can't cover EVERYONE...

Realistically, this game is a LOT about talent, but it's also about evaluating and prepping for the other team (we struggle there too, I know), but it's not impossible to find a teams tendancies, strengths and weaknesses and use them to your advantage.

Run and stop the run. Fred freaking Jackson

maybe jets but pats are going down this year!

Then we are just going to have to go 5 wide and pick on the defenders who ARE NOT Revis and Asumwa?

OR how about we pound the damn rock and rely on our much improved defense to hold them down....winning a tight game?

Lets not forget that we have done some upgrading as well with Marcel Darius.

Why don't we just run the ball? Considering that Fitzpatrick was our leading rusher against the Jets in 2 games last year, doesn't help. In fact in both games against the Jets, Fitzpatrick rushed for a total of 74 yds. The rest of our RB's COMBINED 77 yds. :wallbash:

We ain't running the ball on them

maybe jets but pats are going down this year!

uh huh. sure

They blitz every play.

So? What's your point?

I also noticed they wear green uniforms. :rolleyes:

Run and stop the run. Fred freaking Jackson

FITZ - 74 yds rushing.

EVERY SINGLE BILLS RB COMBINED AGAINST THE JETS LAST YEAR - 77 YDS.

:thumbdown:

Edited by DreReed83

Bills lose out vs Pats and Jets no matter who does what. That is a given. Just chalk those losses up right now. That is the easy part to project. Denver, Redskins and a couple others are win possibilities, but no shot at Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Chargers. So that is 8 losses right there. A few key injuries with no good 2nd stringers, so you Split the rest and 4 and 12 again. Yeah, that's about right. Better this year but not dramatically. Remember, these guys opened 0 - 8 last year so ANYTHing is an improvement.