Tea Party Giving Boehner The Finger

Your supporting link is that debt talks equal a horrid economic rebound in the spring?

Queue DC Tom: ....

Sorry, it was suppose to just be Google finance

I have to wonder if what's going on now with our elected officials isn't a reflection on the country itself. Look at a majority of Americans now... they care more about American Idol or Jersey Shore than actual issues that affect the country. Most of the people who vote are so ignorant and clueless. Our government is a reflection on society in general. I bet half of our government who is even voting on these issues themselves have no idea what is going on. I bet they all hire accountants to balance their personal budgets and taxes but yet we trust them to balace the budget for the entire country. So many stupid people are more wrapped up in getting instant gratification and satisfaction and have no financial self restraint it's not a suprise so many people are in debt, bankrupt, foreclosed on etc... Their spending priorities are all messed up. It's more important to have a new ipad than to pay off another credit card bill. And idiot politicians keep promising us the world in social entitlement programs that so many voters are addicted to their assistance even though it's bankrupting the country the average voter doesn't want to hear it and politicians pander to everyone with fear mongering about kicking grandma to the curb and being forced to eat dog food instead of affording medication. seriously this country is so messed up I'm so frusterated. We have an idiot president who refuses to even attempt any type of leadership but would rather hide to deflect blame. He has no problem calling everyone else out and playing partisan politics but where is his plan? It's easy to lead from the rear and play monday morning QB. I know this is an incoherant rambling rant but i'm fed up.

No, it was the rise of the right wing media that made many, many people feel they were some how being hurt in some way by government spending, and cutting spending will make their lives somehow better, sort of like sending Pat Robertson $50. The right wing pols simply moved white evangelicalism to politics, that's all

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, it was suppose to just be Google finance

No, it was the rise of the right wing media that made many, many people feel they were some how being hurt in some way by government spending, and cutting spending will make their lives somehow better, sort of like sending Pat Robertson $50. The right wing pols simply moved white evangelicalism to politics, that's all

seriously blaming religon? that has NOTHING to do with this and couldn't be farther from the truth

Well I'm off to go cling to my guns and religion....

Your supporting link is that debt talks equal a horrid economic rebound in the spring?

Queue DC Tom: ....

Sorry, I'm kind-of busy today.

Dave, do me a favor and call yourself an idiot a couple of times.

Uh...never mind. I don't think you're coherent enought to call yourself an idiot successfully.

You're an idiot.

They are going to vote finally

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/174339-gop-adds-balanced-budget-amendment-to-win-passage-of-debt-plan-

Sorry, I'm kind-of busy today.

Dave, do me a favor and call yourself an idiot a couple of times.

Uh...never mind. I don't think you're coherent enought to call yourself an idiot successfully.

You're an idiot.

But not too busy to post your nonesense. No Tom, you are the idiot

I don't understand why anyone would push for a balanced budget amendment. Wouldn't that make it unconstitutional to wage war if attacked while there was a deficit? Or unconstitutional to supply federal aid if there was a natural disaster.

Sounds like nonsense to me.

I don't understand why anyone would push for a balanced budget amendment. Wouldn't that make it unconstitutional to wage war if attacked while there was a deficit? Or unconstitutional to supply federal aid if there was a natural disaster.

Sounds like nonsense to me.

Generally, any balanced budget amendment that's ever been pushed contains exceptions for "states of emergency".

Of course, "state of emergency" is pretty much left open to interpretation... <_<

Say what you want about the Boner, but he showed a whole hell of alot of genuine emotion in his floor speech, much more so then you'll ever see from cool hand Obama.

delivery mode doesn't mean that much. Boehner seems like a good man and he is trying to do good things. But the negotiation is between the democrats and tea party. The republicans have become the third wheel.

Not his fault that the two party system turned out to be a complete failure

It's the Dem's failure. They've turned into wacky left wing party. Three parties would make things even worse.

It's the Dem's failure. They've turned into wacky left wing party. Three parties would make things even worse.

All parties have failed. The social security age should be raised to 75 for those not already in their 60's, and penalties for claiming early benefits should go directly into the deficit. A better formula can be discovered for Medicare, limiting it to those who really need it.

For every dollar cut from entitlements, there should be a dollar of revenue raised. There should be no balanced budget amendment as we always will borrow more than we tax.

If we truly want to repeal the affordable health care act, it must be tied to the end of the health care lobby and the end of all political contributions from that industry. Then the path to opening state lines would no longer be blocked by bribes and dirty money

Um, sorry, but if you think that the !@#$ed-up political dynamic in this country is all the Democrats fault, you need to pull your head out of your ass, as it's apparently long overdue.

delivery mode doesn't mean that much. Boehner seems like a good man and he is trying to do good things. But the negotiation is between the democrats and tea party. The republicans have become the third wheel.

So? That democracy. The Tea Party candidates in the House were elected to cut spending and reduce the deficit as a number one priority. They were elected to try to get America to realize that it's got a fiscal version of a cocaine problem, and to put the country on cold turkey.

In negotiations like this, it's the two most stubborn cliques in D.C. that it boils down to. Boehner tried to broker a deal before Obama and the Dems changed the terms at the 11th hour. The House Republicans passed a bill that would have averted default today and Democrats rejected it. Boehner passed what he could. Apparently Obama/Dems never heard the phrase "Beggars can't be choosers." If a deal fails to get done, the stink is now on Democrat hands.

Just sick to hear how much Dems are bitching and moaning about $1T in spending cuts, when per an upthread link, this country is going to have to come up with $20T in cuts/revenues in the next decade just to stay afloat. If they refuse to cut $1T-2T, how the hell are we going to make real, necessary cuts an order of magnitude bigger? Dems want this $2T credit card to have one last coke party, graft, and crony cash-grab before the ship goes down.

Edited by UConn James

So? That democracy. The Tea Party candidates in the House were elected to cut spending and reduce the deficit as a number one priority. They were elected to try to get America to realize that it's got a fiscal version of a cocaine problem, and to put the country on cold turkey.

In negotiations like this, it's the two most stubborn cliques in D.C. that it boils down to. Boehner tried to broker a deal before Obama and the Dems changed the terms at the 11th hour. The House Republicans passed a bill that would have averted default today and Democrats rejected it. Boehner passed what he could. Apparently Obama/Dems never heard the phrase "Beggars can't be choosers." If a deal fails to get done, the stink is now on Democrat hands.

Just sick to hear how much Dems are bitching and moaning about $1T in spending cuts, when per an upthread link, this country is going to have to come up with $20T in cuts/revenues in the next decade just to stay afloat. If they refuse to cut $1T-2T, how the hell are we going to make real, necessary cuts an order of magnitude bigger? Dems want this $2T credit card to have one last coke party, graft, and crony cash-grab before the ship goes down.

No. It is on the government as a whole- they ate betraying us for not getting this done.

I applaude the work the tea party has done to expose the deficit, but their.methods are abhorrent. Tying a constitutional amendment to doing anything OS an affront to the entire process. There is a reason it is difficult to change the constitution and they are looking to bypass that process.

I could be for the bills the house passed if any reference to the amendment was removed. It would raise taxes to a level we can't afford. We can still tackle the deficit without it.