Carson Palmer Retired

5 Wide

+1

I've SOOooo missed banter like this.

amen. I could not read the wall for the longest time because it was just the blablablablabla of blablablabla.

Thanks to those who can post about football!

Why would you let him retire when you could get something for him?

Because when you have a bad team and you start letting players decide whether or not they want to honor their contract with you.........you get a team full of players who want feedom or special treatment.

We should be well aware of this.

Marv Levy enters Buffalo......Eric Moulds wants out, he's traded. Nate Clements wants to be a free agent, Marv agrees not to franchise tag him. McGahee wants to be traded...he gets traded. Takeo Spikes wants to be traded...he gets traded. And the next thing you know the teams two best lineman....Jason Peters and Aaron Schobel are holding out.

Say what you want about Mike Brown, but unlike the Marv Levy Bills he won't let the inmates run the asylum.

Al Davis and Ralph Wilson may be senile, but Mike Brown is the worst owner in the NFL, period.

Uh, it's a dead heat between MIke Brown, Wilson, the Bidwells and Ford Family. Mike Brown is intentionally cheap........but Ralph is arguably the least "football guy" of any owner in the league. Despite 50 years as an owner of a pro football team, he is somehow totally f'ing clueless about how to put a winning team on the field. Al Davis is completely out of it now, but I'll take a couple decades of lousy ownership in exchange for 3 decades of competing for, and winning, championships.

I'm calling you on this one. The Washington Redskins don't have an indoor practice facility either,,,which is a joke since they practice in 100 degrees and dangerous lightning storms and also have the occasional big December snow storms. As recently as last season they moved a couple practices to an airplane hangar at nearby Dulles airport. Talk about cheap...Snyder!

Not only cheap, but an A hole too. I talked to a guy recently who's good friend was a caterer & catered a party for Snyder. There was a lot of food left over, so the guy asked Snyder if he could take the leftovers to a homeless shelter & Snyder refused...saying something to the effect that if his people didn't eat it, then nobody was going to. Obviously, I wasn't there & can't personally vouch for this story, but the fella seemed real sincere & swore it was true. I believed him.

He doesn't want to play for them, they don't want to trade him...so THEY announce his retirement for him?

If it wasn't so incredibly tacky and low class, it might actually be funny.

Al Davis and Ralph Wilson may be senile, but Mike Brown is the worst owner in the NFL, period.

Davis, Wilson, and Snyder are well behind Brown in this race.

Palmer tore his ACL in the plyoffs, has had multiple arm injuries and hasn't missed any games except for one season. He threw for over 4,000 twice and came within less than 100 yards of doing it again last year. He has played his heart out for the team. Mike Brown won't do the respectful thing and at least get something for him in a trade so that he can at least salvage the last few years of his career with a contender

Palmer has also been a model citizen for the most dysfunctional franchise in pro sports. He's been a company guy and ambassador for the team… A CREDIT to that organization.

Remember when all-time Bruins star Ray Bourque requested a trade at the end of his career when the Bruins really started sucking? Even that crotchety, miserable curmudgeon Harry Sinden WANTED to accommodate Bourque and graciously traded Bourque to Colorado, where he was able to win his coveted championship.

This is the sort of treatment Palmer deserves. He's done more for that organization than it has done for him and THIS is his reward for many years of great service? Small-mindedness, pettiness, vindictiveness? Mikey Brown is treating Carson as if Carson is Chad Ocho Cinco, Terrell Owens, or some other grandstanding malcontent. NO ONE would think Brown was doing the wrong thing if he acceded to Carson's wishes… in fact they'd be saying that Mike Brown did the classy thing… and it would be the first time in his life that anyone accused Brown of being classy.

Little Mikey Brown was clearly spoiled by his Dad who he inherited the team from. This guy makes Ralph look like a cross between Mother Theresa and Bill Gates.

Why would you let him retire when you could get something for him? This story doesn't sound like its ongoing. It sounds like a done deal. And next year instead of Brett Favre coming back we'll be talking about Palmer.

Incorrect. The Bengals will still own his rights. They control the situation and Brown's track record is very consistent.

Carson Palmer will wait until Bengals sign a bunch of players and then 'unretire' forcing Bengals to alter contracts or cut players and then just retire again. Repeat this until they do not have money for him. This is how the superstars control the front offices with new contract - you need to sign to cap so no room to pay big dollar players and no one will enforce making players give back bonuses.

This is what you think he'll do or what you would wish him to do? Are all 13,000 of your posts this good?

I read an article about that earlier in the year, and Mike Brown basically indicated that he would not give in to trade demands so as not to set a precedent. On a team like the Bengals I think his stance is somewhat justified, because otherwise you'd have half the team making demands like that.

Could not disagree more. A person who has spent his entire career with a shytty team and has acted in an exemplary manner deserves a lot more consideration than "just any player."

Because when you have a bad team and you start letting players decide whether or not they want to honor their contract with you.........you get a team full of players who want feedom or special treatment.

Say what you want about Mike Brown, but unlike the Marv Levy Bills he won't let the inmates run the asylum.

People who listen to music and have no understanding of it are said to have a "tin ear." For some reason your posts constantly remind me of this fact.

I'm calling you on this one. The Washington Redskins don't have an indoor practice facility either,,,which is a joke since they practice in 100 degrees and dangerous lightning storms and also have the occasional big December snow storms. As recently as last season they moved a couple practices to an airplane hangar at nearby Dulles airport. Talk about cheap...Snyder!

Can I call you on this one? Who paid for the practice facility? :doh:

I like it & wonder what the reaction would be if Chad Johnson was doing what Palmer was doing. The Bengals paid him a ton of money & supported him thick & thin. He sucked last year, so why does he get to make the orders for the franchise?

Sometimes, you bite the bullet to make a larger point. The Bengals won't be pushed around. Good for them & I don't feel sorry for Palmer in the slightest.

I like it & wonder what the reaction would be if Chad Johnson was doing what Palmer was doing. The Bengals paid him a ton of money & supported him thick & thin. He sucked last year, so why does he get to make the orders for the franchise?

Sometimes, you bite the bullet to make a larger point. The Bengals won't be pushed around. Good for them & I don't feel sorry for Palmer in the slightest.

Shoot. Palmer ain't the one that's hurting here.