Poz signs with Jax, 6 years $7.5M/year reported

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he's Polish and has pretty long hair, but why on Earth do so many people on this board seem to have a man crush on the guy? He's never healthy and when he's on the field he isn't that good. He's another Levy / Jauron / Modrak draft bust. The sooner they get rid of the stench of that era the better.

I thought he got a haircut last year (and got better)

I think folks need to review that article on the Steelers linebacking corp development, where their coach was quoted as saying it took his linebackers 3-4 years before he started to trust them (and that's in a single, unchanging system, surrounded by quality players)

We're a little too quick to slap the "bust" label around here and say "not that good". If Poz were playing for the Stillers he might have started to see the field on a regular basis last year, and this year folks might be saying he's pretty good.

That's still not saying we should franchise him or pay him top-five money.

I do hope we beef up our LB corp with some quality FA though.

Haters got what you wanted, another quality player run out of town. Let the Keith Ellison era begin :thumbdown:

don't you think your blame is a little displaced? nix said poz was a priority. the blame lies with him and wilson for creating an environment no one wants to remain in and for being unwilling to match offers.

bull ****. Find me an ILB drafted in the same year that was better than him. Willis? That'd be about it.

I'm really not sure what this has to do with my original statement, but I'll play along.

Off the top of my head, Willis (to mention he and POS in the same sentence is an insult to Willis), David Harris, Jon Beason, Lawrence Timmons

I'll find ya three: Lawrence Timmons, David Harris (a prototypical 3-4 inside LB), and Jon Beason.

Great! are any of them on our roster?

No.

So we have yet another self0created hole to fill in an already THIN LB corps. Fail by Nix.

Haters got what you wanted, another quality player run out of town. Let the Keith Ellison era begin :thumbdown:

Common slash, that's just silly. Nobody ran the guy out of town, he decided to leave for a boatload of money. What the fans think of Poz has 0% to do with his leaving. He wasn't run out, he left on his terms.

You can do better than that.

Let's get real. We are a worse team now than we were last week and last week were the third worst team in football. Nix said it was a priority to sign Poz and Florence and he already failed to sign Poz. We are a worse team now than we were when Nix and Gailey took over and so far we are signing Tyler freaking Thigpen, which is about as bad a free agent signing as that guy we got from Oakland (OAKLAND?) who even Oakland didn't want and was a penalty machine.

Nine wins or out Buddy....nine wins or out.