The official JUST SAY NO thread

I live and work In the Nashville area and can tell you that regardless of the winning percentage he appears to have, there is no doubt he is not a capable passer, team leader, or even capable of handling the level of pressure and effort it takes to succeed in the NFL.

Just watch his game film, he has no on field presence what-so-ever, and simply less talented than other well known running QBs.

Bringing this guy to Buffalo would make less sense than fielding the team in Hockey Skates for the opener.

What say you?

I live and work In the Nashville area and can tell you that regardless of the winning percentage he appears to have, there is no doubt he is not a capable passer, team leader, or even capable of handling the level of pressure and effort it takes to succeed in the NFL.

Just watch his game film, he has no on field presence what-so-ever, and simply less talented than other well known running QBs.

Bringing this guy to Buffalo would make less sense than fielding the team in Hockey Skates for the opener.

What say you?

I say if the Bills can get him for the right price, go for it. I'm not a big VY fan, either. But what the Bills need is an experienced QB who can come in and have a realistic shot at winning games if Fitz goes down for any length of time. VY has a good chance of succeeding in that scenario, IMO.

I've heard a number of negative things about him and they probably have some degree of truth to them. But: he has a solid W-L record and getting knocked off his starting pedestal onto the backup mat may be just what the doctor ordered.

That being said, I don't think there's a chance in hell that the Bills will go after him.

I'm partial to Gradkowski. That name belongs in Buffalo.

I say if the Bills can get him for the right price, go for it. I'm not a big VY fan, either. But what the Bills need is an experienced QB who can come in and have a realistic shot at winning games if Fitz goes down for any length of time. VY has a good chance of succeeding in that scenario, IMO.

I've heard a number of negative things about him and they probably have some degree of truth to them. But: he has a solid W-L record and getting knocked off his starting pedestal onto the backup mat may be just what the doctor ordered.

That being said, I don't think there's a chance in hell that the Bills will go after him.

I'm partial to Gradkowski. That name belongs in Buffalo.

YES!!! Gradkowski even sounds like a mayor's name in WNY. Love it :)

What say you?

Your post shows a disturbing level of conventional thinking. The Bills are basement dwellers in their own division. If they're going to escape, they'll have to think outside the box. They need to pursue high risk/high reward options. So why not have everyone on the team wear hockey skates for the opener?

Regarding Vince Young, I agree that signing him would be ridiculous.

Your post shows a disturbing level of conventional thinking. The Bills are basement dwellers in their own division. If they're going to escape, they'll have to think outside the box. They need to pursue high risk/high reward options. So why not have everyone on the team wear hockey skates for the opener?

Regarding Vince Young, I agree that signing him would be ridiculous.

Yeah, because you all know how we can't stand winners.

Why not? We all want someone who can step in and win games in the event of Fitz getting hurt. Hes proven he can win, and maybe he just needs a change in scenery. Sign him to a short term deal, if it doesn't pan out then we still have Fitz to back up whoever we draft next year.

There is NOOOOO chance that VY comes to Buffalo. He wants to be a week 1 starter, and he knows that this would not be the case if he were to sign with Buffalo. There are too many teams that need a starting QB (i.e., Oakland, Miami, Arizona, Seattle, Minnesota, etc...). We can sleep soundly knowing that VY WILL NOT be a Buffalo Bill. The whole idea is just silly IMO.

There is NOOOOO chance that VY comes to Buffalo. He wants to be a week 1 starter, and he knows that this would not be the case if he were to sign with Buffalo. There are too many teams that need a starting QB (i.e., Oakland, Miami, Arizona, Seattle, Minnesota, etc...). We can sleep soundly knowing that VY WILL NOT be a Buffalo Bill. The whole idea is just silly IMO.

Regardless of your feelings about Young as a QB, this is absolutely correct.

Agreed...VY is not willing to sit on the sidelines and be anyones backup....

That may end up being his only option.....

Oakland is a very real possibility as is seattle to be a starter. Then there are several teams that would be much better fits (phi, houston) to be a backup. As well as darkhorses mia, min, arizona, sf (to name a few).

This nonsense that he won't be signed needs to stop. He will be highly sought after imo bc of his record, his collegiate record, and his athletic skill. The bills most likely will not make a play for him but they would be lucky to have him here.

Oakland is a very real possibility as is seattle to be a starter. Then there are several teams that would be much better fits (phi, houston) to be a backup. As well as darkhorses mia, min, arizona, sf (to name a few).

This nonsense that he won't be signed needs to stop. He will be highly sought after imo bc of his record, his collegiate record, and his athletic skill. The bills most likely will not make a play for him but they would be lucky to have him here.

You simply won't get a resurgence in his career like say, a Michael Vick, and this is based solely on how he looks in games even when he is winning. Just in case anyone doesn't know, the majority of his wins as a starter came when Chris Johnson was blowing up the league. His stats may be similar to Ryan Fitzpatrick, but there's no question how he actually achieved those numbers. JP threw for 3000 yards in 2006, but looked quite pedestrian in doing it.

I'll be willing to bet good money this guy gets picked up, but is out of the league as a starter in less than 3 seasons. I simply don't want a head case in our locker room, and that's my main reason for not wanting the guy in a Bills uniform.

What say you?

I'd agree but it's been so long since we've had a QB with a winning record I'd take almost anybody to try and upgrade that position.