Sunday NFL Ticket

Last year, I missed a couple Sabres games on my DirecTV NHL Center Ice Package due to a minor faux pas. It wasn't a big deal, just a few games, although I usually watch them all, live or on DVR. I called to complain about the few games missed, the CS rep who knew nothing about sports or the issue even though she worked in the sports department there, said to hold on and she would see what she could do. She came back a couple minutes later and said DirecTV was going to credit me the entire NHL season, which was about $150. Unbelievable. I felt great.

For about 25 seconds.

Then I thought, if they can afford to just give me the entire season simply for missing a couple games, they must be ripping me off in astronomical proportions. ;)

DirecTV, in my experience of 15+ years of being a devoted user, has a great product, unbelievably bad customer service as far as calling them and getting things fixed, but if you complain about anything, they will refund you enormous amounts of money, because they make so much off you.

Interesting anecdote.

I called to cancel yesterday. The guy was ready to give me all sorts of pitches.... but I cut him off.

I am moving back to Buffalo this month.... and I wont really be able to settle into a new house until October sometime. Im keeping Directv in my NJ apartment until Im totally moved out... but no use for the Sunday Ticket.

Moving back to Bflo…COOL!

May Day So why did you reply? We don't care your moving. Thanks Kelly Fair. What are complaining about? You know companys have to make a profit.. Feeling sorry for yourself agaqin? Sorry

?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May Day So why did you reply? We don't care your moving. Thanks Kelly Fair. What are complaining about? You know companys have to make a profit.. Feeling sorry for yourself agaqin? Sorry

I replied because the guy was armed with pitches and deals ready to go.

should I get permission from you before I reply to topics now? I dont get it.

Last year, I missed a couple Sabres games on my DirecTV NHL Center Ice Package due to a minor faux pas. It wasn't a big deal, just a few games, although I usually watch them all, live or on DVR. I called to complain about the few games missed, the CS rep who knew nothing about sports or the issue even though she worked in the sports department there, said to hold on and she would see what she could do. She came back a couple minutes later and said DirecTV was going to credit me the entire NHL season, which was about $150. Unbelievable. I felt great.

For about 25 seconds.

Then I thought, if they can afford to just give me the entire season simply for missing a couple games, they must be ripping me off in astronomical proportions. ;)

DirecTV, in my experience of 15+ years of being a devoted user, has a great product, unbelievably bad customer service as far as calling them and getting things fixed, but if you complain about anything, they will refund you enormous amounts of money, because they make so much off you.

I called to cancel yesterday. The guy was ready to give me all sorts of pitches.... but I cut him off.

I am moving back to Buffalo this month.... and I wont really be able to settle into a new house until October sometime. Im keeping Directv in my NJ apartment until Im totally moved out... but no use for the Sunday Ticket.

Interesting anecdote.

Moving back to Bflo…COOL!

?

I replied because the guy was armed with pitches and deals ready to go.

should I get permission from you before I reply to topics now? I dont get it.

Here's what I don't get.

You start a topic.

You get two friendly responses.

Your reaction is to act like an a-hole towards the two posters.

And what in hell does "I replied because the guy was armed with pitches and deals ready to go" mean? What guy?

You don't need my permission to do anything. If you want to look like an idiot, that's perfectly fine with me.

I dont get why I am being attacked here...

The guy on the phone. The Direct TV customer service rep, immediately started into apologizing for the lockout and was going into a spiel to save me a bunch of money off the package. It required no effort other than me informing him I wanted to scrap the Sunday Ticket. For some reason I thought this thread was about saving money on the Sunday Ticket.

I dont get why I am being attacked here...

The guy on the phone. The Direct TV customer service rep, immediately started into apologizing for the lockout and was going into a spiel to save me a bunch of money off the package. It required no effort other than me informing him I wanted to scrap the Sunday Ticket. For some reason I thought this thread was about saving money on the Sunday Ticket.

Actually I was criticizing the OP, Direhard fan for his comments towards you and Kelly.

Then I got mixed up thinking that your last comment was from him.

Sorry May Day. Looks like I pulled an Andy Moog on my last post.

haha. no problem. I was a bit confused as you gave me a thumbs up for moving home, then chastised me. I thought I was in some bizarro world.

Anyways. Sunday Ticket was good living out of the area.... but being in the area it may not make much sense for the $ it costs. Maybe at a reduced price, which is what they seem to offer...

haha. no problem. I was a bit confused as you gave me a thumbs up for moving home, then chastised me. I thought I was in some bizarro world.

Anyways. Sunday Ticket was good living out of the area.... but being in the area it may not make much sense for the $ it costs. Maybe at a reduced price, which is what they seem to offer...

What are effin nuts! If you don't have anything positive to contribute do us all a favor and QUIT POSTING…

Just kidding May Day. Also with the Sunday Ticket, the home markets games are blacked out so the benefit of being able to see Bills games disappears once you move back to Buff.

Sorry again, dude.

As stated before. Called to cancel. Beat around the bush and got $150.00 off my yearly charges. Did it today. $323.94 per year is way to much considering local had 8 of 16 games on that I needed.( Bills Games } Go for it.

Guess I need to be more persistent. Last year I told them I lost my job (which was true but I was about to start one) and told them I might have to cancel due to the cost. They offered to give me a $10 discount for 6 months on my monthly rate and I took it.

This year my wife is on disability so I'll try again.

Guess I need to be more persistent. Last year I told them I lost my job (which was true but I was about to start one) and told them I might have to cancel due to the cost. They offered to give me a $10 discount for 6 months on my monthly rate and I took it.

This year my wife is on disability so I'll try again.

Don't accept their first offer. Haggle. Offer your own suggestions if you're not liking what you're hearing. I wasn't eligible for monthly credits above a certain amount, so I flat out had to say to the guy that some "friends" were getting $150 one time credits ans he was like no problem! Just be friendly and courteous, and be sure you're with the retention department.

I called on Tuesday and they said they have nothing until the season starts. I can't cancel, can't negotiate a price like last year ($179)until they know the season is "on". Now I"m ticked.

I just called and got he same story. He said he could offer a discount but until they get a 100% confirmation from NFL.com, they haven't been told which discounts they can offer?

well on dbstalk people are claiming they got free sunday tickets or significant savings we will see

The initial rep I talked to today before I was told that they couldn't do anything as far as discounts until the lockout is officially ended, tried everything to keep me from even talking to the Sunday Ticket team. He offered me $10 off my bill for a year, or $20 off my bill for 6 months, the some 5 channel HD pack for 3 months, I told him not interested. It wasn't until he finally got the message that I was even able to talk to someone from Sunday Ticket, and then was told to call back at the end of the week.

I called and asked politely if I could get a discount. The lady immediately told me they could give me a one time bill credit of $150. Then she told me she would see if she could do anything else and gave me $20 off my bill for 6 months. Looks like I am paying $50 for Sunday Ticket this year!

The initial rep I talked to today before I was told that they couldn't do anything as far as discounts until the lockout is officially ended, tried everything to keep me from even talking to the Sunday Ticket team. He offered me $10 off my bill for a year, or $20 off my bill for 6 months, the some 5 channel HD pack for 3 months, I told him not interested. It wasn't until he finally got the message that I was even able to talk to someone from Sunday Ticket, and then was told to call back at the end of the week.

FYI, the $10 or $20 off per month for six months is a standard discount and can be applied on top of the Sunday Ticket discount. Every year or two, DTV is authorized to give most customers some sort of discount. So if someone calls and they offer that deal, you should be able to accept it and still call back once they work out their ST deals. Or at least that's how it's worked in the past.

DTV also gives customer loyalty bonuses for every anniversary. They gave me three months of Showtime (and all related channels) for free and will cancel it after the time is up unless I call. Kinda cool.

Just called now. I really can't stand Direct TV and having to do this every year, but I took Fez's advice and just politely asked for a discount. I actually got 8 months at $20 off per month and Showtime and all related channels.

So, I got NFL Sunday Ticket for $163.94 and Showtime and all it's channels for 3 months.

They originally offered 6 months of $20 off, but I told them that it was only $179.99 last year. She put me on hold and gave me two more months of $20.

I'm happy with $163.94. I think that's pretty good value.

Just hate this call every year.

Just called now. I really can't stand Direct TV and having to do this every year, but I took Fez's advice and just politely asked for a discount. I actually got 8 months at $20 off per month and Showtime and all related channels.

So, I got NFL Sunday Ticket for $163.94 and Showtime and all it's channels for 3 months.

They originally offered 6 months of $20 off, but I told them that it was only $179.99 last year. She put me on hold and gave me two more months of $20.

I'm happy with $163.94. I think that's pretty good value.

Just hate this call every year.

Okay, I just called. I called back in June & the guy told me to call back when the contract has been settled. So I called back this morning & the guy gave mesome bs about not being able to do anything for 3 weeks. I said ok. Then I started reading some of the posts & the deals you guys got so I decided to call again. This time I asked for retention department. I told the guy I am kinda upset because I think I have been jerked around. Anyways after about 5 minutes of haggling with him he gave it to me for $150 which I do not think is too bad. I have season tickets so I am missing half the year but my brother in law is comes over most Sundays even if I am not home & he said he would flip me $75 for it. All in all I am pretty happy with it but I really think if you get tough & threaten to cancel your service entirely you could pretty much get it for free. I did that 2 years in a row 3-4 years ago & they caved in. Skooby actually gave me advice on this board to do that & it worked like a charm. I did not have the stomach or the time for it this year(got too many things going on at work right now). When my brother in law told me he will pay half that is all I needed to hear. I think if your a good negotiator & stick to your guns without coming off as a total dick I think you could still get it pretty close to nothing. The problem I have now like I had last year it has been so enjoyable watching every game in the comfort of my own home that when the Bills start out their usual 1-5, 2-6 & are out of the playoff hunt by Columbus Day I find it tougher & tougher to actually go in the stadium. 3 times last year I went to the tail gate at 8am & then once 12:50 rolled around I had my wife pick me up(I live 15 minutes away from the stadium) & watch the games down in my basement. I know the bills games are supposed to be blacked out if they do not sell out but 2 games last year that were blacked out I actually got on the ticket. The Jacksonville game & there was one other game. That was the first time that ever happened since I have had the ticket.

Ok, I had a few minutes to kill so I called back. No threats or anything like that; just asked what they could do given my long-standing account history. At first all I was offered was a $10/mo. credit for 12 months ($120) but when I kept pushing she "found" another $10/mo. credit for 24 months. So, over the course of the next two years I'll get a $360 credit. Guess I can't complain.

P.S. When I mentioned the "free to new subscribers" offer she said they did that largely because if the season was canceled, they wouldn't have a lot of refunds to process. Talk about spin!

In DIRECTV's defense, the legal mentioned it would apply to the 2012 season if there were no season in 2011.

BTW, I called today, and the best I was given was a $60 bill credit. And yes, that was with retention. I've only had DIRECTV for about a year now, though.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!