how the chargers FA effects the Bills

This is from a recent ESPN Article:

Let's start with Eric Weddle, one of the best safeties in football. Chargers general manager A.J. Smith all but punted him out the door by signing Bob Sanders just before the lockout officially took effect. All three of San Diego's inside linebackers that started a game last year -- Stephen Cooper, Brandon Siler and Kevin Burnett -- will hit free agency. That leaves the top two inside linebackers on San Diego's depth chart as 2010 third-rounder Donald Butler, who missed all of last year with a torn Achilles tendon, and this year's second-round pick Jonas Mouton. Starting defensive end Jacques Cesaire, who the Chargers are counting on first-rounder Corey Liuget to replace, and safety Paul Oliver, who started eight games, are also free to find new homes. To lay it out simply: Thirteen Chargers defenders started more than five games last season, but only seven of them are under contract for next season.

But wait, there's more! How about the fact that wide receivers Malcolm Floyd and Legedu Naanee are also free agents? Should Vincent Jackson not be granted free agency in a settlement, then hold out on signing his franchise tag again, the Chargers will be in a desperate situation at wideout. If a scenario like that unfolded, and the Chargers signed nobody to help out by the season opener, their three best receivers would be Cowboys castoff Patrick Crayton, rookie second-rounder Vincent Brown and Seyi "My entire career is built on torching Kareem Jackson" Ajirotutu. Right tackle Jeromey Clary will also have the opportunity to test the market, and there will be quite a few teams looking for an upgrade at that spot in free agency.

The Chargers will have some money to play around with, and Smith has always been very savvy at building a young talent base, but they clearly will have a lot of work to do this offseason.

I'm curious with Merriman touting earlier he was recruting guys to come here and the obvious Buddy factor, if we might pick up one of their ILB and let Poz go while focusing on keeping Drayton. I don't think we need more saftey help necessary, but perhaps Weddle would be a nice addition assuming whitner is let go? just some thoughts.

Good team to target some defensive help from always been interested in Cooper as a backup to Poz. The guy is a decent player won't set the world on fire, BUT he has played the 3-4 forever (Which is good considering this team is only in its second season of using it) and for a backup you can't really expect a guy to be a probowler.

I think the best part of this is the part where it says the Chargers could be in WR trouble if Vincent Jackson doesn't sign or sign his franchise tag (that's if there is even a franchise tag in the new CBA. Word yesterday is that they are trying to either get rid of it all together or place a one time limit per a players entire career on it) if this was the case and they needed WR help, I would just about explode with joy if we traded Evans to the Chargers. If they were in some serious WR trouble we could probably fetch a 2nd rounder. If they aren't that desperate I see a 4th in our future. Hey, what about a straight up trade for thier DT we were all hoping to get last year. Whatever his name was again.

I'm curious with Merriman touting earlier he was recruting guys to come here and the obvious Buddy factor, if we might pick up one of their ILB and let Poz go while focusing on keeping Drayton. I don't think we need more saftey help necessary, but perhaps Weddle would be a nice addition assuming whitner is let go? just some thoughts.

I think the Bills definately need safety help if Whitner walks. I think the Bills, with Sanders & Otogwe visiting before the CBA expired, agree with me. Weddle would be a great replacement and the Merriman connection can't hurt.

This is from a recent ESPN Article:

Let's start with Eric Weddle, one of the best safeties in football. Chargers general manager A.J. Smith all but punted him out the door by signing Bob Sanders just before the lockout officially took effect. All three of San Diego's inside linebackers that started a game last year -- Stephen Cooper, Brandon Siler and Kevin Burnett -- will hit free agency. That leaves the top two inside linebackers on San Diego's depth chart as 2010 third-rounder Donald Butler, who missed all of last year with a torn Achilles tendon, and this year's second-round pick Jonas Mouton. Starting defensive end Jacques Cesaire, who the Chargers are counting on first-rounder Corey Liuget to replace, and safety Paul Oliver, who started eight games, are also free to find new homes. To lay it out simply: Thirteen Chargers defenders started more than five games last season, but only seven of them are under contract for next season.

But wait, there's more! How about the fact that wide receivers Malcolm Floyd and Legedu Naanee are also free agents? Should Vincent Jackson not be granted free agency in a settlement, then hold out on signing his franchise tag again, the Chargers will be in a desperate situation at wideout. If a scenario like that unfolded, and the Chargers signed nobody to help out by the season opener, their three best receivers would be Cowboys castoff Patrick Crayton, rookie second-rounder Vincent Brown and Seyi "My entire career is built on torching Kareem Jackson" Ajirotutu. Right tackle Jeromey Clary will also have the opportunity to test the market, and there will be quite a few teams looking for an upgrade at that spot in free agency.

The Chargers will have some money to play around with, and Smith has always been very savvy at building a young talent base, but they clearly will have a lot of work to do this offseason.

U No. Keep Puz, let Whittner go and sign Weddle. Also trade them Lee Evans for a high pick if they get desparate at WR, and sign one of their WR's since we have a ton of cap space.

Should Vincent Jackson not be granted free agency in a settlement, then hold out on signing his franchise tag again, the Chargers will be in a desperate situation at wideout.

I hope the new CBA addresses holdouts. Only in football is it an issue. Get-RR-Done.

Yep. And making **** up is one way of doing it.

It would be easy to tell if he really beat the crap out of her. If he did it the odds are he would have gotten hurt himself.

I hope the new CBA addresses holdouts. Only in football is it an issue. Get-RR-Done.

It happens on occasion in other sports, but the main reason it is mainly in football is that every other sport has guaranteed contracts for their players.