Rupert Murdoch attacked during Parliament hearing

I isolated one point in the debate, not the entire situation as a whole. I more specifically stated that the Libertarian point of view basically refers to minimal Federal government intrusion. It does not necessarily follow that one who subscribes to this view would or would not agree with your opinion as it relates to private entities compromising one's privacy.

it doesn't? you need a new handbook. they may take your card away.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=44996

Just a little article having something to do with hypocrisy.

moral relativism at it's worst. one wrong isn't as bad as another. everyone else does it so it's ok. he couldn't have known about it. isolated incident at one small part of his empire (we'll see). that's the essence of this weak argument, right. it shouldn't have taken a full page to communicate it. but it is ann coulter. i'd never accuse her of being concise or for that matter, thoughtful.

Nice.

Birddog just swallowed his stethoscope. :oops:

I'm still wondering about the variety of transgressions over a period of decades that can be attributed to Murdoch. If Birdog swallowed his stethoscope we may never know. I think it was his own little secret.

moral relativism at it's worst. one wrong isn't as bad as another. everyone else does it so it's ok. he couldn't have known about it. isolated incident at one small part of his empire (we'll see). that's the essence of this weak argument, right. it shouldn't have taken a full page to communicate it. but it is ann coulter. i'd never accuse her of being concise or for that matter, thoughtful.

So, what do you think of Obama's real estate dealings in Chicago?

How totally predictably hackish of you. I'm particularly fond of how you dismiss the argument out of hand because it's Ann Coulter without refuting a single fact she's laid out. Ad hominem at its finest. From now on perhaps I should just refute your posts by labeling them the rantings of an aging liberal hippie douche.

Damn dude, I was just about to post a "yeah but it's different when the other guys do it" and "anne coulter article!" response

But you just did it yourself and you were serious :lol:

How totally predictably hackish of you. I'm particularly fond of how you dismiss the argument out of hand because it's Ann Coulter without refuting a single fact she's laid out. Ad hominem at its finest. From now on perhaps I should just refute your posts by labeling them the rantings of an aging liberal hippie douche.

1st week with a newly titled concept? you've been throwing it around like "the". in this case you're wrong. i did refute her arguments while simultaneousy criticizing her writing. not ad hominem in my logic book.

and your refuting my posts by insuting me would be as elegant as any of the other weak arguments you've tried in this thread.

1st week with a newly titled concept? you've been throwing it around like "the". in this case you're wrong. i did refute her arguments while simultaneousy criticizing her writing. not ad hominem in my logic book.

and your refuting my posts by insuting me would be as elegant as any of the other weak arguments you've tried in this thread.

Which concept, ad hominem? I've used it twice. All you've shown here is that you don't know what that means either. You refuted nothing, you said it's a weak argument without providing any substantial basis for your claim, sidestepped the whole point of the column (which was hypocrisy) by labeling it relativism, then moved on. Your most sustantial point was that since it's Ann Coulter it's obviously ****. But I guess in the estrogen enriched mind of the liberal man (an oxymoron if ever one existed) that's considered attacking the argument rather than the speaker. :rolleyes:

What's both interesting and annoying about you is that not only do you refuse to think openly and logically about things in favor of unquestioningly deferring to your emotions, you somehow think that makes you morally superior to those who are willing to first accept the world the way it is and then determine what to do based on that premise.

Edited by Rob's House

Wow, it's obvious, you got nothin.

Wow, it's obvious, you got nothin.

nothing redux it appears the justice dept and murdoch's lawyers disagree with you.

willing to first accept the world the way it is and then determine what to do based on that premise.

no, i don't accept corporate spying on individuals and bribing of law enforcement as "the world the way it is" and how it must be. if you do, then your expectations are far too low. and once again the gender identification of political affiliation? is that really the best you can do?

nothing redux it appears the justice dept and murdoch's lawyers disagree with you.

no, i don't accept corporate spying on individuals and bribing of law enforcement as "the world the way it is" and how it must be. if you do, then your expectations are far too low. and once again the gender identification of political affiliation? is that really the best you can do?

Did you actually read the article? The DOJ is looking into allegations. Big f'n deal. How about the DOJ looking into allegations backed by video of black panthers intimidating voters in Philadelphia? How about the DOJ looking into the government sale of weapons to drug dealing Mexicans? How about the DOJ looking into the shady dealings of Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, Franklin Raines et al? How about the DOJ looking into the shady deal that the POTUS made on his home in Chicago?

Did you actually read the article? The DOJ is looking into allegations. Big f'n deal. How about the DOJ looking into allegations backed by video of black panthers intimidating voters in Philadelphia? How about the DOJ looking into the government sale of weapons to drug dealing Mexicans? How about the DOJ looking into the shady dealings of Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, Franklin Raines et al? How about the DOJ looking into the shady deal that the POTUS made on his home in Chicago?

There's a big difference between Murdoch and the other examples you provided. The current DoJ would actually pursue any wrongdoing by Murdoch instead of ignoring it

There's a big difference between Murdoch and the other examples you provided. The current DoJ would actually pursue any wrongdoing by Murdoch instead of ignoring it

Yes, but why didn't they pursue any of the examples I gave?

Link

Murdoch Paper Hacked Phone It Gave as Gift to Murdered Girl’s Mother

Her mother, Sara, considered News of the World "a friend and ally" during the investigation, and had an especially close relationship with Brooks, then the paper's editor-in-chief. In fact, it was so close that Brooks gave Payne a cell phone "to help her stay in touch with her supporters."

Brooks, of course, has denied she had any knowledge that the phone she gave Payne was hacked. Sure.

Interesting. If they can prove that Brooks was in on it, it is just 1-2 steps to Murdoch.

Edit - Well, Murdoch has his supporters. Piers Morgan says that Murdoch had nothing to do with it and he should know as he was seemingly in on it.

Morgan, the host of CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight" and a judge on NBC's "America's Got Talent," was accused of being one of the Murdoch News Corp. journalists who allegedly hacked into the voicemails of celebrities and government officials to get scoops. During the mid-1990s,

Read more: http://www.heraldextra.com/lifestyles/article_13293299-0595-5587-a513-9c5c15131c2c.html#ixzz1TRufFNgB

"Nobody proved to, I don't think, any mutual neutral observer that Rupert Murdoch had any personal knowledge of what was going on with this phone hacking," Morgan said. "It's been very damaging for the Murdoch family, for the corporation."

Edited by Booster4324