Jets 3rd round pick is up for deportation

At draft time, this situation led Kenrick from being an early 2nd rounder to having him drop into the 3rd. He is a very skilled and tough athlete who has a strong chance of being an impact player. However, this is one dark cloud hanging over him. If his side of the story is accurate, I wish him the best, regardless of his status as a Jet. If not, off to Jam-rock he goes!

At draft time, this situation led Kenrick from being an early 2nd rounder to having him drop into the 3rd. He is a very skilled and tough athlete who has a strong chance of being an impact player. However, this is one dark cloud hanging over him. If his side of the story is accurate, I wish him the best, regardless of his status as a Jet. If not, off to Jam-rock he goes!

They too our jobs (in the style of South Park)

:worthy::lol: . While we are on the subject we should deport all illegals and make welfare recipients and criminals do all the $#!t work that "real Americans" wont do.

The poorest counties in the US are majority white trash with no education. I'd focus on the schools first to expand these people's kids minds, that might help get them out of this cycle.

The poorest counties in the US are majority white trash with no education. I'd focus on the schools first to expand these people's kids minds, that might help get them out of this cycle.

Pretty sure all of those counties have schools. If their citizens have "no education", it is by choice.

That would be great but with the governments ideals of dumbing down the workforce that won't be happening (don't want the slaves to be educated or literate)so those that are getting a free ride need to earn their keep.

Pretty sure all of those counties have schools. If their citizens have "no education", it is by choice.

Just curious--what inner city or other economically challenged public school did you graduate from? If the answer is none, then I kindly suggest you not pass judgment on those in that situation. I just love how upper middle class folks (making an educated assumption here based on prior posts) pass judgment on folks whose shoes they've never walked an inch in, much less a mile....

Just curious--what inner city or other economically challenged public school did you graduate from? If the answer is none, then I kindly suggest you not pass judgment on those in that situation. I just love how upper middle class folks (making an educated assumption here based on prior posts) pass judgment on folks whose shoes they've never walked an inch in, much less a mile....

Couldn't have said it better. As someone from a family of teachers, I have seen multiple sides of the educational system. Though educational opportunities are afforded to all, the strength of those opportunities varies immensely. This is a system that is flawed, though I would be amazed if there were one difficult, never mind simple, answer for it. Many of us have been fortunate enough to be brought up with supportive families and teachers. Many people haven't, regardless of where they were brought up or what their race is. It's ridiculous to make assumptions about what choices were and weren't made by people when it comes to education.

Couldn't have said it better. As someone from a family of teachers, I have seen multiple sides of the educational system. Though educational opportunities are afforded to all, the strength of those opportunities varies immensely. This is a system that is flawed, though I would be amazed if there were one difficult, never mind simple, answer for it. Many of us have been fortunate enough to be brought up with supportive families and teachers. Many people haven't, regardless of where they were brought up or what their race is. It's ridiculous to make assumptions about what choices were and weren't made by people when it comes to education.

There is a simple answer for it. Parents.

There is a simple answer for it. Parents.

And I suppose it's the kid's fault if they're (a) actually not there or (b) there, but "not there" due to any number of factors like addiction or working two or three jobs to make end's meet? Or if they themselves don't know any better about life, school and the opportunities available for their kids because they never had such opportunities themselves? As someone who grew up a blue collar kid in a blue collar town myself, I've seen plenty of all of the above in my time.

I had an econ professor at Columbia (Sunil Gulati, who's now head of US Soccer--a great teacher and a great guy) who said at the end of a year long course that featured many spirited debates between students from the right and the left, "You know, I hear everything you're all saying, but I've yet to find an economic justification for why the homeless woman on 110th Street's kids are out there in the cold begging with her every night just to survive. How does that makes sense, what purpose does it serve and how is that fair to them?" We all knew the woman he was talking about and we all saw her kids there with her every day. Walk a mile or two in those kids' shoes and tell me how easy it is to go from nothing to something in this country before spouting off with glib Rush Limbaugh-approved answers, most likely from the safety of a middle class upbringing and home....