Great News From Iowa

It's still ~6 months out....

Once things start to trickle out about the previously unvetted, as they have about Bachmann this weekend WRT a family farm subsidy and such, it'll start to winnow out, just as The Donald saw his numbers jump and then plummet.

But still, Pawlenty's gotta be downright depressed over this latest straw poll in the Des Moines Register. He's been dumping his resources into Iowa and it's gotten him a whopping 6%. It may be getting late early for his candidacy.

Obama against the Republican race to find the tallest midget- not since the last Bills Browns match-up have I seen two sides struggling so hard to lose, the two Republicans with the best chance to beat Obama are Mitt Romney and Huntsman but they might split the I'm both Mormon and sane vote which would leave Bachmann as the Republican candidate- never in my life have I seen a better chance for an Independent to come in a steal the whole thing.

Obama against the Republican race to find the tallest midget- not since the last Bills Browns match-up have I seen two sides struggling so hard to lose, the two Republicans with the best chance to beat Obama are Mitt Romney and Huntsman but they might split the I'm both Mormon and sane vote which would leave Bachmann as the Republican candidate- never in my life have I seen a better chance for an Independent to come in a steal the whole thing.

One can only hope. Someone who ran a fiscally conservative/socially liberal campaign would get my vote. Probably a lot of the independent vote too. Might not win, but could start an actual party. One can dream anyway. :cry:

One can only hope. Someone who ran a fiscally conservative/socially liberal campaign would get my vote. Probably a lot of the independent vote too. Might not win, but could start an actual party. One can dream anyway. :cry:

His name is Ron Paul. Of course, he wants to turn us into Somalia, but other than that...

His name is Ron Paul. Of course, he wants to turn us into Somalia, but other than that...

The man is a complete kook, genuinely touched in the head. With that said, he might be the best of the lot. I would take him over Obama.

Edited by Booster4324

Unfortunately, you and I will not see an Independent president in our lifetime. The current 2 party system is too entrenched, too embedded and has far too much at stake to let that happen. It wouldn't surprise me one iota to see Democrats and Republicans ganging up together to keep an Independent from winning the presidency. The two party system exists, largely to continue to exist.

Huntsman and Romney will not split hardly anything. Huntsman has no chance.. The fact that Romney is leading in Iowa is unbelievable considering that one he is a mormon in a state that values social issues that is heavily christian and two that he has basically skipped the state.

It looks to me that Romney is gonna roll through these primaries.

In regards to Ron Paul, lets face it, He´s a kook.

Edited by Magox

Huntsman and Romney will not split hardly anything. Huntsman has no chance.. The fact that Romney is leading in Iowa is unbelievable considering that one he is a mormon in a state that values social issues that is heavily christian and two that he has basically skipped the state.

It looks to me that Romney is gonna roll through these primaries.

In regards to Ron Paul, lets face it, He´s a kook.

And you're a Pata'Q

You're right about Romney tho

Huntsman has no chance.

I started to notice recently that the only people who think Huntsman has a chance are Democrats, or those sad sacks who bought into the Obama routine only to find out that he's barely able to get out of bed without spending a trillion dollars.

Note to Dave in Norfolk, here's the ticket you need to fear come 2012: Romney/Rubio/8.8% unemployment. You should also fear Perry/Rubio/8.8% unemployment. For that matter, you may as well fear WetMop/PezDispenser/8.8% unemployment.

But keep the faith, Dave! I'm sure Summer of Recovery is right around the corner! :thumbsup:

It looks to me that Romney is gonna roll through these primaries.In regards to Ron Paul, lets face it, He´s a kook.

Which would be funny in its own right, with his health care plan he passed and all. I don't suppose he wins one Southern State with a majority.

Only thing better would be a two person race... Bachman and Palin. :thumbsup:

Palin's done. Too many other fools out there doing what attracts ignorant Conservative voters, namely, yelling "Freedom, Media bad, cut government--just not that government that goes to me--and liberals bad."

Her fifteen minutes of fame is up.

Which would be funny in its own right, with his health care plan he passed and all. I don't suppose he wins one Southern State with a majority.

Palin's done. Too many other fools out there doing what attracts ignorant Conservative voters, namely, yelling "Freedom, Media bad, cut government--just not that government that goes to me--and liberals bad."

Her fifteen minutes of fame is up.

Can we be REALLY clear here? The Democrat supermajority in Mass. was going to pass health care legislation, with or without Romney. Romney tried to bring some fiscal sanity to it and signed the compromise.

It was also a state measure in a commonwealth that had a huge amount of healthcare infrastructure in place, 4 percent uninsured, and he'd turned the state around from being $3B in the hole to a surplus, without raising taxes. In terms of good old state's rights, it wasn't exactly out of line with Republican values. It was not a national measure, it wasn't meant to be a national measure, and anybody who claims they used a two-year-old state plan as a model on which to base a national plan with... what, 15% uninsured?... is decidedly stupid, both in that there's no possible way one can glean enough info in that timeframe (and with such different on-the-ground data, infrastructure, demographics, geography, economies, etc. that exist in 50 separate states) to use it as the basis of a national plan that has a chance of success... or that Democrats didn't have almost the exact same national plan in their back pockets since the Clinton years.

It's disingenuous to pin all this on Romney. And the reason the administration keep up with the tack of blaming Romney for the national plan is they're scared shitless about his business and executive experience and a track record of deficit turnarounds without !@#$ing over businesses and the citizenry by jacking taxes.

The Healthcare bill will Romney signed into law Mass. is mainly an obstacle in the primaries, if he gets through the primaries it wont be a major hurdle for him to overcome in the general elections. The only ones who are really upset or concerned about the bill that he signed into law over there are the hard righties, if he overcomes that, which in my view he will, they will all still vote for him simply because their dislike for Obama is much greater than their concern over Romney... The vast majority of registered GOP voters and conservatives will coalesce around the GOP nominee simply for this reason. You get what Im saying?

Like I said, the fact that he is doing so well in a state like Iowa means trouble for the rest of the conservative nominees and for Obama. ROmney is gonna win a lot more of the independent votes than Obama, independents for the most part have run away from Obama, and there really isnt much he can do to get them back, Obama is beholden to his ideology, he trusts in his keynesian advisors who have failed him miserably and it doesnt appear that he will change course of direction, simply because if he does, then he knows he will lose part of his base,and without at least 95% of his base he stands 0 chance.

Obama is in big trouble if Romney wins. Other than Romney, in the general elections I would say that Pawlenty would be his next major opponent, but it appears that Pawlenty wont win. Bachman, hmm, my gut feeling is that if she were to win, which I dont believe she will, the media would do a major hatchet job on her just as they did Palin.

Outside observer...

Does Herman Cain have no chance at winning the Republican nomination?

It would be viewed as a Michael Steele type move. Media types would accuse the GOP of going to "Planet Black Guy", as one pundit put it, and he would be marginalized unfairly as a token candidate.

Outside observer...

I kinda doubt it.

Not that this means anything but.........

I watched most of the GOP debate a week or so back and it was kind of surprising how long it took for them to give him a chance to respond to any questions. It started at nine PM, and they didnt get to him until about 9:30. Where as most of the other candidates had two or three responses to questions.

I also believe this guy has a very short temper with the media.

The vast majority of registered GOP voters and conservatives will coalesce around the GOP nominee simply for this reason.

I was commenting the other day about how grumpy the progressives were towards Obama during the Netroots Nation gathering. Their yelling and barking at David Plouffe was well document. But it's also just a bunch of noise because at the end of the day, virtually every person at that conference is going to show up to vote for Obama. So you're nuts-on accurate with Romney; he is not quite your Tea Party guy, but if anyone thinks that's good news for Obama, they're insane. Not to mention, Romney has made it clear that his day-one job is to repeal Obamacare. Today's Rasmussen STILL shows 55% favor repeal...OVER A YEAR LATER! So the Romneycare stuff is overblown.

Obama is in big trouble if Romney wins. Other than Romney, in the general elections I would say that Pawlenty would be his next major opponent, but it appears that Pawlenty wont win. Bachman, hmm, my gut feeling is that if she were to win, which I dont believe she will, the media would do a major hatchet job on her just as they did Palin.

Again...Romney/Rubio is big trouble for Obama because unless we have another significant terrorist attack, there is nothing in the pipleline to address the economy. I happen to like Michelle Bachman, for the most part, but you are also right in that the media will have her nicknamed Whore in a flash.

Outside observer...

I genuinely don't think he does, but he is a great voice to have in this debate. The more he speaks, the more I like him. His numbers keep growing. I like his positions, and I like that he's a business man first. But we no sooner need a "businessman only" in the WH than we need a "community organizer only" in the WH. Which is why people like Romney and Bachman work; private business plus public service experience is going to be key.