Thousands of octopi being born....

The Poojer

A giant pacific octopus mother who lived just across from downtown Seattle had her hatch right under the noses of local divers.

And another suspect emerges in the Rosie Larsen case.

"Octopusses".

"Octopi" is a misunderstanding of "octopus" being Latin-derived, where as it's actually ancient Greek: oktopous (literally, eight foot), the plural of which would be oktopodes. However, as that would literally mean "eight feet", and not "many eight-footed creatures", that's still incorrect.

So just say "octopusses" and leave it at that.

(The plural of "hippopotamus", by the way, would correctly be "hippipotamus": "horse of the river" pluralized to "horses of the river". "Hippopotami" is literally "horse of the rivers". Though personally, I always simply found it easier to say "hippos".)

"Octopusses".

"Octopi" is a misunderstanding of "octopus" being Latin-derived, where as it's actually ancient Greek: oktopous (literally, eight foot), the plural of which would be oktopodes. However, as that would literally mean "eight feet", and not "many eight-footed creatures", that's still incorrect.

(The plural of "hippopotamus", by the way, would correctly be "hippipotamus": "horse of the river" pluralized to "horses of the river". "Hippopotami" is literally "horse of the rivers". Though personally, I always simply found it easier to say "hippos".)

-_- zzzzzzzzzz

"Octopusses".

Chicks must totally dig you. :lol: