Ralph Wilson Stadium to be Smoke Free

Realist

CDC is a government agency, and as such, is subject to the same faults and deficiencies of any other gov't entity. They have been known to cherry pick data to suit thier purposes before, so they are not exactly an impartial organization. Just saying...

True but everything the gov't does is not evil. In this instance they based their statements on far more credible research. This isnt something new either, the scientific community isnt divided on the issue. FN is doing a major disservice to its viewers by somehow questioning this, its one reason why their viewers are generally the most misinformed.

Tobacco causes far more deaths than any other substance, combined.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O if only the Candy ass's on here [i smell smoke!! Waa WAA it touched me !!] could remember the Glory days of the Buffalo they never saw but wish for-the steel plant made the entire CITY smell like sulfur from the Coke "Choke" ovens.

Lame. Very lame.

You are being nostalgic about an era that is almost half a century ago. Times change. That era is never coming back. My father retired from Republic Steel and I was fortunate to work at the steel plant for two summers, enabling me to pay for a good chunk of my college costs.

Buffalo and western NY seemed to desperately clutch on to the hope of the return of the old smokestack type of industries to rejuvinate its diminishing econonmy while many of the other regions were more prepared to look for new and different types of industries.

Clutching on to the old economy instead of aggressively pursuing the new economy has kept the region mired in a steady decline. Things are changing for the better. But it is coming on more slowly than it should.

O if only the Candy ass's on here [i smell smoke!! Waa WAA it touched me !!] could remember the Glory days of the Buffalo they never saw but wish for-the steel plant made the entire CITY smell like sulfur from the Coke "Choke" ovens.

Lame. Very lame.

When they first started making cars in the early 1900s they didn't believe a seatbelt was needed, either. Those damned candy asses concerned with safety sure fixed that!! Pussies.

You are being nostalgic about an era that is almost half a century ago. Times change. That era is never coming back. My father retired from Republic Steel and I was fortunate to work at the steel plant for two summers, enabling me to pay for a good chunk of my college costs.

Buffalo and western NY seemed to desperately clutch on to the hope of the return of the old smokestack type of industries to rejuvinate its diminishing econonmy while many of the other regions were more prepared to look for new and different types of industries.

Clutching on to the old economy instead of aggressively pursuing the new economy has kept the region mired in a steady decline. Things are changing for the better. But it is coming on more slowly than it should.

Ironically, hopes for revitalization of WNY's economy now lie in not in the hands giant 'smokestack' industrial manufacturing operations, but rather in the hands of countless small businesses such as

Sovereign Tobacco cigarette factory

Ironically, hopes for revitalization of WNY's economy now lie in not in the hands giant 'smokestack' industrial manufacturing operations, but rather in the hands of countless small businesses such as

Sovereign Tobacco cigarette factory

Interesting ...

Tribes in New York have long claimed sovereignty from state and local laws, and they have refused to collect sales and excise taxes for the state on cigarettes they sell, despite a U.S. Supreme Court ruling in 1994 that states have the right to collect those taxes. Successive governors in New York have all declined to enforce the tax laws.

With all the current budget problems I'm surprised this has remained untapped.

Interesting ...

With all the current budget problems I'm surprised this has remained untapped.

Well of course the State of NY has been trying for decades to tap this source of revenue, and has always backed down under the pressure of Native American protest or been frustrated by the courts...

"In (New York's) haste to move forward with an enforcement plan, it skipped several important steps," Seneca President Robert Odawi Porter said...When the state tried to collect the tax in 1997, protesters lit tire fires and shut down a 30-mile stretch of the New York state Thruway that bisects Seneca land near the Pennsylvania line."

link

Now anticipating that NY may finally prevail, the Seneca Nation is moving to sell mainly Indian-manufactured brands, which apparently will remain tax-exempt, and moving manufacturing facilities onto reservation land.

Sure.....read the thread. One poster (thanks to whoever deleted it) suggested that smokers commit suicide. Another stated that his wife was forced to take a shower because she walked by cigarette smokers.

I don't view it as "personal," because it isn't. I am saddened by the lack of tolerance by too many Americans, and distressed how people are like sheep. You know, just supporting everything trendy.

Anyway, the link is very cool footage. It defines what a hero is imo. And, it does well to depict real life in the "big city."

Be well, and keep channeling me. ;):)

Here's they way I look at it and when I do it makes me surprised you hold your opinion:

Think of the anti-smoking crowd as offensive lineman. They are both like sheep. On every play, they go where they are told, not using their brain or reacting to the situation with flexibility but simply acting like robots. Now think of the people who favor freedom as if they were defensive backs. They understand that no two plays are the same and they have to react and be flexible and adjust their actions depending on the moment. They need to tolerate other people or they will be called for a penalty.

It surprises me that as someone so in favor of smoking freedom that you would hate defensive backs so much. How do you rationalize that?

Who are the linebackers here?

Linebackers are people who sometimes end up doing what the sheep and/or OL want and sometimes are able to break free of the sheep and act more like smoking freedom types and/or DBs. I guess in this instance they would be like that dude John Adams who admittedly seems a little weird because he hates barbeques but at least he still likes chicks.

I just read that everyone going to the Ralph will get LASIKed on the way in.

Suh-weet. I've always wanted that surgery.

Okay, banning smoking I can see, in support of better health for everyone.

But making everyone see Bills games more clearly? That's just cruel...

Here's they way I look at it and when I do it makes me surprised you hold your opinion:

Think of the anti-smoking crowd as offensive lineman. They are both like sheep. On every play, they go where they are told, not using their brain or reacting to the situation with flexibility but simply acting like robots. Now think of the people who favor freedom as if they were defensive backs. They understand that no two plays are the same and they have to react and be flexible and adjust their actions depending on the moment. They need to tolerate other people or they will be called for a penalty.

It surprises me that as someone so in favor of smoking freedom that you would hate defensive backs so much. How do you rationalize that?

I realize my name isn't Bill from NYC. But I do happen to be an expert at rationalizing! :) So here goes . . .

Offensive linemen create a pocket--a space in which a quarterback can do what he wants to do without anyone bothering him. Bill wants there to be a pocket for smokers--a smoking area--and he wants enough time in the pocket to finish his cigarette before RWS security arrives to sack him.

Defensive backs are like sheep, and WRs are their shepherds. WRs always lead, DBs always mimic and follow. (At least when they play man defense, but let's not complicate things here.)

The objective of offensive linemen is to create freedom for quarterbacks and running backs. The objective of DBs is to take freedom away from WRs. Being pro-freedom, Bill likes offensive linemen and dislikes using early picks on defensive backs.

Edited by Edwards' Arm