Naaman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes unless injuries force him into the active roster. With Evans, Johnson, Nelson, Parrish, Donald Jones, and Easley it will be tough for him to crack the active roster. However he did show that he could play some with a solid preseason and camp he may edge out Jones.

Players who have an accrued season of NFL experience (6 or more games on the active roster) are not eligible for the PS. However, players who have fewer than 9 active games in their only accrued season are still eligible.

Naaman was active for 6 games last year, giving him an accrued season. Because all of those games happened in the same season (2010), and his active games were fewer than 9, he would still be eligible for the PS this year.

If he is active for one more game, he would no longer be eligible for the PS with any team. Players can be on a PS no more than 3 seasons.

Yes unless injuries force him into the active roster. With Evans, Johnson, Nelson, Parrish, Donald Jones, and Easley it will be tough for him to crack the active roster. However he did show that he could play some with a solid preseason and camp he may edge out Jones.

We have such a good group of young receivers (if there is a season) that Naaman's 'feel good' story from last year might end up seeing him in someone else's uniform. I don't recall having seen any stories about his workouts this off season, which is surprising, that might give us an indication about how he's stepping it up for year two.

He showed he belongs in the NFL but with those you mentioned and the other receivers we have it will be hard to break into the 53.

We could cut Evans , save a bunch of money as far as the cap & move to the future with the younger guys .

If he is as effective as he was last year & as one article on Rumblings brought to light about him dropping the ball , Gailey may cut him .

But i really don't see it especially if him & Fitz get some time to work together & develop a bit of chemistry together it could be a real good thing .

Who knows , they said in an article that Losman came to a get together of the players & threw some passes maybe Chan will bring J.P in as the veteran back up --- HMMM !!

I think Roscoe would be the odd man out. More expensive and he only has 1 year left on his contract.

You might even be able to get a 5th or 6th for him in a trade. St. Louis could be interested in having him on the turf for their young QB.

Fitzy had a strangely glowing review of Roosevelt. Something to the extend of, "If I throw it in his direction no matter what he finds away to come down with it."

Anyone remember his first catch? He looked like he had two guys Velcro-ed on him and he popped up inbeteren the defenders and cane down with the ball.

If Easely has speed with that frame he would make it.

I think if Donald Jones has a good camp he is safe, at the end of the season before he got injured he looked like Fitzy's GoTo guy.

Stevie Johnson is safe.

That leaves Lee Evans. You know he won't be on the Roster in 2013. The benefit of keeping him is he has to put up numbers to get a good FA offer. So he will be personally motivated to have the stats the team expects from him. (1000+ yards. 8-12. TDs)

However if St Louis would give a 5th or 6th for Roscoe. We could get a 3rd or 4th for Evans.

If the young guys perform well if there is a camp this would be the time to move the vets.

However if there is no camp Lee Evans an Roscoe become much more valuable to the Bills.

This will be a camp battle that will be closely watched by all, let's hope there is a camp to battle test these kids.

We could cut Evans , save a bunch of money as far as the cap & move to the future with the younger guys .

If he is as effective as he was last year & as one article on Rumblings brought to light about him dropping the ball , Gailey may cut him .

But i really don't see it especially if him & Fitz get some time to work together & develop a bit of chemistry together it could be a real good thing .

Who knows , they said in an article that Losman came to a get together of the players & threw some passes maybe Chan will bring J.P in as the veteran back up --- HMMM !!

Evans was absent from Camp fitz.

Lee was working out with JP. ("hey Lee go long. Great catch! Hey lee go long. Great Catch! Man, why aren't we in the Pro Bowl!?")

Edited by Why So Serious?

I think he is good enough for a roster spot somewhere so if we put him on ps, another team will pluck him

Nobody is raiding our PS squad. Very few of the our marginal players will make a squad on anther team. I like Namaan tho and cannot stomach Lee.

We have such a good group of young receivers (if there is a season) that Naaman's 'feel good' story from last year might end up seeing him in someone else's uniform. I don't recall having seen any stories about his workouts this off season, which is surprising, that might give us an indication about how he's stepping it up for year two.

He showed he belongs in the NFL but with those you mentioned and the other receivers we have it will be hard to break into the 53.

He saw some special teams play last year. If he can prove valuable there he could stay on the roster. I think it also depends upon Parrish, if he comes back from injury completely less chance for Naaman.

I'm not sure what you mean with "don't recall any stories about his workouts this off season"? He was at 'Camp Fitz' with FJ, Stevie, Nelson, Easley etcetera.

Fitzy had some comments about him in a couple of interviews where he was asked about the receivers, I don't recall what they were though. Maybe someone else does?

I think Roscoe would be the odd man out. More expensive and he only has 1 year left on his contract.

You might even be able to get a 5th or 6th for him in a trade. St. Louis could be interested in having him on the turf for their young QB.

(...)

That leaves Lee Evans. You know he won't be on the Roster in 2013. The benefit of keeping him is he has to put up numbers to get a good FA offer. So he will be personally motivated to have the stats the team expects from him. (1000+ yards. 8-12. TDs)

However if St Louis would give a 5th or 6th for Roscoe. We could get a 3rd or 4th for Evans.

Man, if we don't get away from this "trade a player who is just starting to look good 'cuz they're nearing the end of their contract and we got some warm bodies in uniforms who might be the next star...eventually..." crap, we're doomed.

Parrish and Evans have proven skills. To build a good football player, you hang onto the good players with proven skills until

1.someone demonstrates better skills and benches them

2. you can use them as bargaining chips to fill in that last missing piece or two in a trade.

We have far more missing pieces than can be filled by strategy 2 right now.

I think he is good enough for a roster spot somewhere so if we put him on ps, another team will pluck him

And if that happens we can do the same with someone else's. There's a lot of talented fringe receivers out there. I point to Adrian Arrington here in new Orleans as a more talented PS player.

He saw some special teams play last year. If he can prove valuable there he could stay on the roster. I think it also depends upon Parrish, if he comes back from injury completely less chance for Naaman.

I'm not sure what you mean with "don't recall any stories about his workouts this off season"? He was at 'Camp Fitz' with FJ, Stevie, Nelson, Easley etcetera.

Fitzy had some comments about him in a couple of interviews where he was asked about the receivers, I don't recall what they were though. Maybe someone else does?

:thumbsup: Thanks ... somehow I missed the reports of him at 'Camp Fitz' but I now with coffee in my system I do remember the Fitz quote. As a UB Almum, I would love to see him make it with the Bills!

Man, if we don't get away from this "trade a player who is just starting to look good 'cuz they're nearing the end of their contract and we got some warm bodies in uniforms who might be the next star...eventually..." crap, we're doomed.

:thumbsup: I too am so tired of the worn out 'let's trade them' mentality of so many on this board; they are also the ones who scream that we should pick up the rejects of the other teams in the league.

I don't think we should do anything but let Lee Evans be a WR for the Bills. To lose him would be crazy. He is too good of a player to just cast off. Maybe he isn't an elite WR but he is better than a lot of WRs in the NFL. I posted this question thinking that we would need to keep Evans, Parrish, Johnson, Easly, Nelson, and maybe Jones on the active Roster. that would leave a spot on the PS for Namaan if he is eligible.

If that's what you think of Evans and Parrish then I would agree with you.

However Lee Evans isn't starting to look good.

I'll give you Roscoe but personally I rather have Donald Jones in the slot.

Let's not kid ourselves here Buddy Nix isn't going to resign either.

Look at the San Diego roster he likes his WRs big.

So you are correct if you look at Lee and Roscoe like that.

However I don't see them like that.