Where does Fitzy rank amongst starting QB's?

Top ten QB's in NFL  

65 members have voted

1. 1. First Round

2. 2. Round Two

3. 3. 3rd Round

I just read an article by John Clayton that has our very own Ryan Fitzpatrick listed as the 24th best QB in the NFL and it got me thinking if we, the members of TSW, agree. So here it is. I have constructed a poll that will take place in sections.

Select 10 out of twenty choices in the first round, 10 out of 20 in the second, and finally, 12 out of 20 in the third round. We can then narrow it down after we decide on the top three brackets.

Please, no repeat selections. Once you've picked your top ten move on to the next round and choose a different top ten and so on and so forth.

If you want a QB that is not listed in a particular round, simply state his name in a post and which round you feel he belongs in. Thank you.

Edited by NoJustice

I just read an article by John Clayton that has our very own Ryan Fitzpatrick listed as the 24th best QB in the NFL and it got me thinking if we, the members of TSW, agree. So here it is. I have constructed a poll that will take place in sections.

Select 10 out of twenty choices in the first round, 10 out of 20 in the second, and finally, 12 out of 20 in the third round. We can then we can narrow it down in the after we decide on the top three brackets.

Please, no repeat selections. Once you've picked your top ten move on to the next round and choose a different top ten and so on and so forth.

If you want a QB that is not listed in a particular round, simply state his name in a post and which round you feel he belongs in. Thank you.

Nicely done poll. :thumbsup:

Going into this poll, I thought to myself, Fitz probably belongs somewhere around #16 or so. After I saw the names of the other QBs, I began thinking that maybe 18 - 20 was about right.

Nicely done poll. :thumbsup:

Going into this poll, I thought to myself, Fitz probably belongs somewhere around #16 or so. After I saw the names of the other QBs, I began thinking that maybe 18 - 20 was about right.

Thanks. I'll give it another day or two to give people enough time to cast their votes then we can move on to the next phase.

You tend to think fitz ranks better than he actually is until you see all the names. most people do rank on name and potential though, both of which fitz has none. If you need another example, there really are very few young QBs who are better than josh freeman, but he was barely voted for as a first round pick. he doesnt put up gaudy stats, and playing for the bucs probably doesnt help him, but he is going to be a star in the league in the next few years.

I find the ranking of qbs to be very faulty. We had one proven receiver coming into the season and a shaky oline. How many qbs in the league would have put up better numbers than Fitz on the Bills last year?

If you switch Fitz & Sanchez, the Jets probably have the league's best record & a much easier road to the SB. If Sanchez was on the Bills, he'd be Losman or possibly worse.

Interesting idea, but I also believe ranking QBs as a whole is pretty difficult to do given the wide range of experience and circumstances. We all know who the studs are, and generally speaking, they've been around for a while. How about a split ranking of QBs using 40 career starts (2.5 seasons) as the demarcation line?

The verdict is in. Thanks to all of you that participated.

1st and 2nd round votes helped some in the grading system.

Group 1 (1-10)

1.Manning

2. Brady

3. Rodgers

4. Brees

5. Rivers

6. Roethlisburger

7. Ryan

8. Vick

9. Schaub

10. Eli Manning

Group 2 (11-20)

11. Flacco

12. Romo

13. Bradford

14. Freeman

15. Cutler

16. Cassel

17. Stafford

18. Fitzpatrick

19. Sanchez

20. Palmer

Group 3 (21-32)

21. Orton

22. McNabb

23. Kolb

24. Garrard

25. Campbell

26. Hasselbeck

27. Young

28. Tebow

29. McCoy

30. Henne

31. Smith

32. Grossman

Edited by NoJustice

Here are some results that don't take other round votes into account for the final tally.

These rankings are by groups and groups only. There is no particular numerical order.

Group 1

Manning

Brady

Rodgers

Brees

Rivers

Roethlisburger

Ryan

Vick

Schaub

Eli Manning

Group 2

Cutler

Stafford

Fitzpatrick

Bradford

Romo

Flacco

Freeman

Cassel

Palmer

Sanchez

Group 3

Orton

McNabb

Hasselbeck

Young

Campbell

Kolb

McCoy

Garrard

Tebow

Smith

Henne

Garrard

If you'd like, simply copy and paste this list and then put a number next to each guy's name signifying where exactly you feel the QB belongs. Don't change the groups, though. Group 1, for example, should have the same exact names as they are now, but with your ranking.

Here's my list, according to the poll. This isn't my Top 32 QB's, I'm only going by the poll results for each group.

Group 1

Manning-2

Brady-1

Rodgers-4

Brees-3

Rivers-7

Roethlisburger-5

Ryan-10

Vick-6

Schaub-8

Eli Manning-9

Group 2

Cutler-12

Stafford-16

Fitzpatrick-20

Bradford-15

Romo-11

Flacco-13

Freeman-17

Cassel-14

Palmer-18

Sanchez-19

Group 3

Orton-21

McNabb-23

Hasselbeck-24

Young-28

Campbell-27

Kolb-26

McCoy-32

Garrard-25

Tebow-30

Smith-29

Henne--31

Garrard-22

• 2 weeks later...

Fitz is not 2nd tier, there is no way he rates higher than Garrard, Hassleback, Campbell or Orton.

So he doesn't rate higher than four Quarterbacks who might not be starting this coming season? Ryan, is a good quartback and considering this will be his first season coming in as the starter and his first season returning with the previous seasons playbook he could very well be climbing that chart. I'm sure I'm going to get mocked for this but he IS the 2nd best Quarterback in the AFC East(Tom Brady is the 1st naturally), he has great intangibles, his arm is just a shade lighter then Peyton's and he's tough. Those are qualities you desire in a quarterback, have some faith I mean afterall we gave Edwards three years didn't we?