Texas justice?

Cheeseburger, I live in Austin, and am familiar with Barton Springs...I stay away from there...it attracts Austins most pretentious element.

I don't know you, or what happened, but I can believe your side of the story...about 10 years ago, a friend of mine came to visit. She wanted to go swimming, as it was disgusting hot, as Texas normally is...I took her to Barton Springs...not only were we "exposed" to two different dudes, on bikes, riding around in thongs, as I get in the pool, I notice my friend isn't getting in...I ask her what is up with that, and she points to a woman who is swimming with her dog, in the shallow end...the dog has diarrhea, and is shitting up a storm...there are loads of people around.

I said something to the lady like "uh..do you think you should be letting your dog **** in the water?" She got very indignant...a few minutes later, out of the water and baking in the sun, a park official comes over and asks me if I "have a problem". At first, I didn't know what she was talking about, and then I said, "Oh, you mean the dog?" She just stares at me, through her sun glasses. She doesn't say anything. Uncomfortable, I said, "Do they allow dogs to **** in the water?" Apparently, using the four letter word for defecate was enough to get me tossed from the park. I honestly didn't raise my voice to anyone, I didn't even make that big of a deal with the dog owner, but I had to say something...I haven't been back there, for a swim, since... good luck...

LOL

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pretentious element of Austin is best defined by those folks who like to swim in the same water their dogs **** in? While they are shitting in it???

What does the underclass do???

Jesus. I mean, even we confine our dog's **** to the shoutbox.

The pretentious element of Austin is best defined by those folks who like to swim in the same water their dogs **** in? While they are shitting in it???

What does the underclass do???

I'm part of Austin's underclass, and as such I usually hang out in tex-mex bars & restaurants drinking frozen margaritas and shots of Sauza Conmemorativo.

on a more serious note, I've read this whole thread, and although I sympathize with CBIP's ordeal, I have to admit that it doesn't surprise me. the 'good old boy' network here doesn't only work for the 'good old boys'. if you're 'connected' at all, you've got power, and some take serious advantage of it.

Edited by Azalin

Most troubling is that this was not a failure of the system to work. It worked rather well for the people deliberately misusing the system for their own purposes. This was not some vindictive crazy person making an allegation, and the police not doing their jobs. This was the police, the people we count on to protect all of us, staging a hoax. The woman was just a pawn who wanted out of her theft charge. It's amazing that that the judge knew this, but still allowed the fact she was a criminal to be hidden from me. I would never have agreed to deferred adjudication if I had known what was going on. This is not law enforcement. This is not justice. I's also mind staggering that since I've uncovered all this, no one wants to set things right. Not my legislative representative, not the U.S. Attorney's office, not the ACLU, or the F.B.I. Of course the F.B.I.'s job these days is framing Muslims into being terrorists. They probably looked at this and thought , damn...never would of thought of that. Next time we frame some guy named Achmed for building a bomb in his basement, lets say he was masterbating at the same time.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Travis County D.A. Rosemary Lehmberg loses a feather in her cap. Tom DeLay exonerated. But of course she's not done. She is one tough lesbian. She has no ethics and no moral compass other than blind loyalty to the Democratic party. If only I had Tom DeLay's money.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/09/travis_countys_da_vows_to_pursue_tom_delay.html

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Travis County D.A. Rosemary Lehmberg loses a feather in her cap. Tom DeLay exonerated. But of course she's not done. She is one tough lesbian. She has no ethics and no moral compass other than blind loyalty to the Democratic party. If only I had Tom DeLay's money.

http://www.americant..._tom_delay.html

it's disgusting that she's been allowed to keep her position. not only did she get a DUI and cause an accident, but she had an open bottle of vodka in her car at the time. if that had been you or me, we wouldn't be seeing the sunshine for quite a while.

I was actually there. So, no it never occured to me that I was wrong. The police really do have arrest quota's. And they count on people like you to believe a lie, rather than question an impossible act, and seek the truth. Confidential informants really do exist. Sarah McDonald really is Sarah Bryant. The judge really did quash my motion to discover. The system really is corrupt.

I was actually there. So, no it never occured to me that I was wrong. The police really do have arrest quota's. And they count on people like you to believe a lie, rather than question an impossible act, and seek the truth. Confidential informants really do exist. Sarah McDonald really is Sarah Bryant. The judge really did quash my motion to discover. The system really is corrupt.

I believe you. I'm a bit surprised at just how bad it is, but I do believe you. I'm sorry you got hosed so badly.

Yeah, unless it's happening to you, it's pretty much unbelievable. I'm sure at the Salem witch trials, those women couldn't believe what was happening to them. But you don't have to look hard to see the crap that is becoming acceptable in this country. Just google "police misconduct. "My friend Antonio. A West Point grad. Stanford grad. Bronze Star. Served in Kosovo and Germany, and got seriously !@#$ed by these same Austin police. Started a national program call the peaceful streets movement. A much more courageous man than I. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngZsUs1yb-s

Cops can be just like anybody else... LAZY. Who do think they will pick on most? Somebody who is going to make their job hard or somebody who is just gonna submit and pay into their coffers? If they are really pulling you over for something worthwhile, why can't they just give a warning? Of course they can, but that doesn't bring home the bacon. They can record the information and throw it in a datatbase... Pull the same mistake again, and get a ticket.

Yeah, unless it's happening to you, it's pretty much unbelievable. I'm sure at the Salem witch trials, those women couldn't believe what was happening to them. But you don't have to look hard to see the crap that is becoming acceptable in this country. Just google "police misconduct. "My friend Antonio. A West Point grad. Stanford grad. Bronze Star. Served in Kosovo and Germany, and got seriously !@#$ed by these same Austin police. Started a national program call the peaceful streets movement. A much more courageous man than I. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngZsUs1yb-s

is this the guy that the cops went after because he recorded them being abusive to a drunk woman at that 7-11 on Lamar on new years eve?