Texas justice?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's offered to fly in and be a character witness. But that is a thought. But we are a small paper. I have other friends from college who made a full career of journalism. They write for "O" magazine and such. Produce network TV stuff. I'm really still hoping the case will be dismissed. Another person was arrested in about the same place, for doing something in an automobile. My first thought was, maybe they do have a problem there. Then I thought, wait one moment, maybe the police are trying to set a pervert arrest record.

Thanks to all for kind words, a forum to vent, and good advice.

Barton Springs does have a reputation for attracting "sightseers"...one has to wonder if all of the stories are true, or if a lot of them are innocent bystanders, as you seem to be.

The whole thing is unbelievable. Unfortunately, it's a nightmare I can't seem to wake up from.

Look, I'm not saying **** like this doesnt happen. It does. I'd just like to see more evidence that this did take place. Rather than some guy on the tubes just saying it did.

For the record. For giggles and grins I did some checking, and I couldnt find anything about this. Travis County. Austin. Local News papers. Arrest reports. Mug shots. Using your name I found......................Nothing.

For more than one reason, I'd hope you can see my skepticism.

Look, I'm not saying **** like this doesnt happen. It does. I'd just like to see more evidence that this did take place. Rather than some guy on the tubes just saying it did.

For the record. For giggles and grins I did some checking, and I couldnt find anything about this. Travis County. Austin. Local News papers. Arrest reports. Mug shots. Using your name I found......................Nothing.

Not the kind of charge that typically makes the papers, except in small towns where the competing news is "Farmer Smith's Rooster escapes from coop, missing for ninety minutes."

Not the kind of charge that typically makes the papers, except in small towns where the competing news is "Farmer Smith's Rooster escapes from coop, missing for ninety minutes."

I don't get it though. How are those stories any different? Both involve a rooster running amok...

Not to further worry CBIP, but as high-brow as Austin likes to fancy itself, it does have a weekly rag, filled with nothing but mug shots, and the associated charge...its' called "Busted In Austin" (clever huh?)...I find it depressing to look at (mostly deranged looking folks busted for PI, and lots of DWI & DUI charges), but did recently flip through one at a local pizzeria, sitting on the table...sure enough, I spotted a friend of mine, on the "busted beautys" page...DUI!

http://marlomc.wordpress.com/2009/09/10/busted-in-austin/

Edited by Buftex

Not to further worry CBIP, but as high-brow as Austin likes to fancy itself, it does have a weekly rag, filled with nothing but mug shots, and the associated charge...its' called "Busted In Austin" (clever huh?)...I find it depressing to look at (mostly deranged looking folks busted for PI, and lots of DWI & DUI charges), but did recently flip through one at a local pizzeria, sitting on the table...sure enough, I spotted a friend of mine, on the "busted beautys" page...DUI!

http://marlomc.wordpress.com/2009/09/10/busted-in-austin/

Well, I guess I may have been in an issue around mid April. But I would not have seen it as I was in jail. I don't know very many people in Austin. So I'm not terribly worried about it.

If I can expose what really happened, it should make news. Completely innocent man plucked off the street, incarcerated for more than a month, charged with a crime with zero evidence. What an embarrassment to the city of Austin. I did get a reply from the mayors office. "Thank you for your e-mail to the City of Austin. Our staff will research your inquiry and respond to you upon completion."

Well, I guess I may have been in an issue around mid April. But I would not have seen it as I was in jail. I don't know very many people in Austin. So I'm not terribly worried about it.

If I can expose what really happened, it should make news. Completely innocent man plucked off the street, incarcerated for more than a month, charged with a crime with zero evidence. What an embarrassment to the city of Austin. I did get a reply from the mayors office. "Thank you for your e-mail to the City of Austin. Our staff will research your inquiry and respond to you upon completion."

Their research doubtlessly consists of them sitting around bitching about all the perverts claiming to be falsely accused...

There is evidence against you. The police have sworn statements that corroborate each other from multiple credible witnesses. These people don't know you have have no prejudice against you. That is enough Probable Cause to get a warrant from any neutral magistrate or judge I have ever met. Now getting a conviction from a jury is another story.

There is evidence against you. The police have sworn statements that corroborate each other from multiple credible witnesses. These people don't know you have have no prejudice against you. That is enough Probable Cause to get a warrant from any neutral magistrate or judge I have ever met. Now getting a conviction from a jury is another story.

So, a sworn lie can be evidence. Swell. I have a witness too, I'm sure these SOB's are unaware of. My friend Nathan was there with his dog at the time. The cop made no effort to find anyone else down there. Of course, Nathan had no idea that I had been arrested, because it happened up by the road. And what's he going to say? He didn't see anything. But he's willing to testify to that. What's so infuriating to me, is that these two people can planned this, knowing full well how the police would react. The other things I have going for me are, I'm not built like a horse. At 54 years of age, I have no history of this. Of course I will, if they get away with this. She doesn't have a picture of the alleged event, even though she had a cell phone and plenty of time to take one. These two people were together, but pretending not to be. It was broad daylight, with 30 or so other people around, but there are no other witnesses to said act. I'm still wondering if they weren't under cover cops that were bored. Maybe their sting didn't go down. The language used in the affidavit is not how normal citizens speak. "he had intent to cause arousal," or "he showed no remorse." Of course, that could be the cop leading them. But please! I don't think anyone expected me to still be fighting this though. It's just a misdemeanor, everyone keeps saying. Yes sir, they will have to prove it to a jury. And I will have lots of credibility myself when the time comes. What has happened to me is a random act of violence. And the system is the weapon. This should not happen. But it is happening. And it really does suck.

So, a sworn lie can be evidence.

A lie, or filing a false police report is a crime. There are also civilly remedies you can take against your accuser(s) after the criminal portion of the case is over. As far as your criminal case goes, the law enforcement officer arrested you after getting several sworn statements from witnesses that stated they observed you arouse yourself in public. The officer acted in good faith and arrested you based on these statements.

The other things I have going for me are, I'm not built like a horse.

Has nothing to do with the crime you are charged with.

She doesn't have a picture of the alleged event, even though she had a cell phone and plenty of time to take one.

Again, this is not a requirement for the crime you are charged with.

The language used in the affidavit is not how normal citizens speak. "he had intent to cause arousal," or "he showed no remorse." Of course, that could be the cop leading them. But please!

A warrant affidavit is usually written by a police officer. If this is the case, that is proper terminology for what you did.

A lie, or filing a false police report is a crime. There are also civilly remedies you can take against your accuser(s) after the criminal portion of the case is over. As far as your criminal case goes, the law enforcement officer arrested you after getting several sworn statements from witnesses that stated they observed you arouse yourself in public. The officer acted in good faith and arrested you based on these statements.

Has nothing to do with the crime you are charged with.

Again, this is not a requirement for the crime you are charged with.

A warrant affidavit is usually written by a police officer. If this is the case, that is proper terminology for what you did.

Good info. Obviously, I wouldn't be here, if it could not happen. This is still so wrong based on other observations that could have been made, but were ignored. I don't think very many human males on earth could sit in 65 degree water for over 10 minutes and still have an erection bigger than a mushroom, let alone one that could peek out from under knee length shorts, as sworn in the statement. Be that it may, I have an interesting observation. Your profile says you are age 30. The two witnesses are both age 30. The female cop. Age 30. I don't know man. Probably nothing. One wonders if my generation taught your generation what to think, but not how to think. How to be politically correct above all else.

Good info. Obviously, I wouldn't be here, if it could not happen. This is still so wrong based on other observations that could have been made, but were ignored. I don't think very many human males on earth could sit in 65 degree water for over 10 minutes and still have an erection bigger than a mushroom, let alone one that could peek out from under knee length shorts, as sworn in the statement. Be that it may, I have an interesting observation. Your profile says you are age 30. The two witnesses are both age 30. The female cop. Age 30. I don't know man. Probably nothing. One wonders if my generation taught your generation what to think, but not how to think. How to be politically correct above all else.

Don't trust anyone under 31! :P

What I did???????? You are really not getting the point here.

He meant "what you allegedly did," and the officer wrote the report in officer-speak based on what the (again, alleged) witnesses told her.

• 4 weeks later...

Starting to look like something Texas uses called paid informants, usually in the war against drugs. You take a class and get a certificate, that says you are a "credible" person. Spot someone smoking pot, make a $20 to $50 by turning them in. The bad guys call them snitches. But if they hang out all day, and nothing is happening, they have enough credibility to make something up...so thay can get paid. My court appointed attorney has told me, "just go back to Florida. They are likely to just keep jacking with you." Since when does an attorney tell someone out on bond, just go away, leave the state?..... I am so not going away.