Anybody in here an NBA fan?

My thoughts on the NBA  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Anybody here watch the NBA?

• I love the NBA
    • I watch it casually
    • I used to watch the Braves but when they left I lost interest.
    • Whats the NBA?

I'm just curious as to how many of you are NBA fans. I live in LA and it's really popular out here, but I can't get into it. My roommates watch the Lakers, I'll tune in if nothing else is on, but I just can't get into it. I used to love it when I was a kid, but lost interest in high school.

Crap...I meant to post this in the off topic forum. My bad :blush:

Edited by joeincalifornia

I'm just curious as to how many of you are NBA fans. I live in LA and it's really popular out here, but I can't get into it. My roommates watch the Lakers, I'll tune in if nothing else is on, but I just can't get into it. I used to love it when I was a kid, but lost interest in high school.

Crap...I meant to post this in the off topic forum. My bad :blush:

See the "Shoutbox" above, there are some pro-hoops fans here...

I'm a "fan" of the Sixers, but not so much of the NBA in general. That being said, I AM a fan of the NBA playoffs. I love this time of year, and I tend to try and catch as many of the games as I can. It's pretty much the same with hockey for me. I'm a marginal fan of the NHL, but I LOVE playoff hockey and I'm a fan of the Flyers. (I know, I know...)

I am a huge NBA fan. I enjoy college basketball a great deal too, but actually prefer the NBA to it. These playoffs have been outstanding thus far, and any finals matchup will have the potential to be a classic.

Living here in the Dallas area (Plano) and pleased that the Mavericks won and going on to the finals. I really enjoy watching the games but it's not like watching the Bills or Sabres.

I wasn't quite old enough to really remember the Buffalo Braves even though I vaguely remember watching one game on TV.

Happy that Tampa Bay won!

Edited by gregmo

The BRAVES were great, I miss them, but did we really have to draft John Hummer. :rolleyes:

Dr Jack with those plain jackets were hilarious.

I went to alot of BRAVES games in my teen years ... but my most memorable moment was being on the floor when the LAKERS came to the Aud and standing just a few feet away from Wilt ...

The playoff series against the CELTICS was especially memorable too ... although the CELTICS won the series, the BRAVES played 'em hard in every game.

Basketball is boring. Foul, freethrow, foul, freethrow, tv timeout, foul, timeout, dunk, foul, freethrow, timeout. Repeat repeat repeat. Terrible sport, I hate it.

That drives me nuts, too. My biggest pet peeve with basketball is how fouling is literally a legit strategy. I can't stand how you can have a great back and forth game, only to have the last few mins go down exactly as you described with the alternating fouls and free throws. The final few mins of clock can take like 20 damn minutes to complete. But I do enjoy the playoffs...glad to see the Mavs back in the finals...hope they whoop LeBron and Co.

i like the NBA, no real allegience since the Braves left Buffalo, but since I am in Philly and they used to be the Nationals, I find I can root for them fairly easily. Plus I love following the 'Cuse players in the league and try to catch 76ers games when those teams are in town. Love the athleticism of the game.

Basketball is boring. Foul, freethrow, foul, freethrow, tv timeout, foul, timeout, dunk, foul, freethrow, timeout. Repeat repeat repeat. Terrible sport, I hate it.

And when there is 'action', it consists of 8 guys mostly standing still while the guy with the ball tries to drive on the guy guarding him. I haven't watched an NBA game since Ewing and Jordan where in the playoffs.

And when there is 'action', it consists of 8 guys mostly standing still while the guy with the ball tries to drive on the guy guarding him. I haven't watched an NBA game since Ewing and Jordan where in the playoffs.

I blame Michael Jordan.

He was simply just too good.

There are no Michael Jordans in the NBA anymore.

Lebron is a Bizarro Superman in comparison.

Co-B spells cob in my book.

I'd rather watch the garbagemen pick up the trash outside my house than watch an NBA game - playoffs included.

You could almost say the same thing about football. TD, TV timeout, kickoff, TV timeout, 8 second play, 40 seconds of nothing, 8 second play, 40 seconds of nothing.

...or baseball. Pitch, stand around waiting for pitcher/batter to get set, pitch, hit, toss ball to cutoff, stand around waiting for pitcher/batter to get set, etc.

You could have little pet-peeves about every sport if you really wanted to. I love watching these sports and have recently gotten into the NBA, the competition is some of the best in awhile and the athleticism is top notch. Dirk is a man child, I hope he takes it to the Heatles.

Dont watch or follow basketball on any level. IMO it is nothing more than running up and down the floor, and you only need to watch the last 2 minutes.

58 minutes of "travel (5 steps) to a dunk", 2 minutes of real play. At least that's how it comes off to me.