Mediocre Song Made Great by Video?

Heard Billy Idol's "Crade of Love" on radio and made me realize what a mediocre and simple rock song it is. But I recall back in the day really liking it. Then it hit me: the video with the hot performance. That dancer girl nailed it. Videos get a lot of criticism, but this one really elevated the song.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Heard Billy Idol's "Crade of Love" on radio and made me realize what a mediocre and simple rock song it is. But I recall back in the day really liking it. Then it hit me: the video with the hot performance. That dancer girl nailed it. Videos get a lot of criticism, but this one really elevated the song.

youtube.com/watch?v=24FT3u-lhg4

Sounds like the song wasn't the only thing it elevated.

In the future you may want to keep some things private.

Crappy song made tolerable by video: Loverboy's Notorious.

Had VERY hot chick in brown dress in it.

(Weird thing is, the video seems to have been pulled from Youtube by Sony.)

I think I'd need the hot chick to be naked and in bed with me to make Loverboy's music tolerable. They sucked.

Agree on Chris Isaak tho...I always liked that song.

Edited by KD in CT

youtube.com/watch?v=24FT3u-lhg4

I remember the models in the Palmer video playing the instruments all wearing the same tight skirts and bright red lipstick. And the neat anime graphics from take on me. Good memories from back in the day when videos were relevant.

Helena Christiansen was a doll back in the day!

Certainly was rolling around on the beach wearing only mini boy shorts

Consistent with the theme of "song was nothing special but that chick in the video was smoking ... "

Does anyone else wish he just got a room, a box of kleenex and about 14 seconds of privacy and that this thread never existed?

Geez dude.

I think I'd need the hot chick to be naked and in bed with me to make Loverboy's music tolerable. They sucked.

Agree on Chris Isaak tho...I always liked that song.

+1

I meant to put the Everybody's Working for the Weekend in the gayest videos of all time thread. The only thing gayer than the song is the name Loverboy.