Now we need Stevie J to take that next step for the love of god PLEASE

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. The ball seems to move in his hands even when he makes the catch. It just doesn't make that latching feel/sound as soon as it hits his hands. I could also tell on several receptions it causes him to hesitate and cost him from being able to turn up field by taking that extra second to secure the ball.

I think he has to work on his mental toughness more than anything else. I believe he started dropping balls when he started thinking too much. I guess it's a chicken or the egg sort of thing tho...if he works hard on his hands maybe that will give him better resolve after a drop.

He dropped too many balls last year to be considered an "elite" receiver.

Let's hope he takes that next step this year. He gets targeted too much. Hopefully lee Evans has more chances this year.

I think Lee Evans needs to learn how to run a route and get open, not just a streak.

He dropped too many balls last year to be considered an "elite" receiver.

Let's hope he takes that next step this year. He gets targeted too much. Hopefully lee Evans has more chances this year.

Yes. Because elite receivers never drop a pass. Look at the list of leaders for dropped passes and name me one WR that isn't elite. Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, Miles Austin, Pierre Garcon, all led the NFL in dropped passes. Fred Jackson, Ochocinco, Steve Smith, all dropped as many passes as Stevie last year so get off his jock.

Andre Johnson, Tony Gonzalez, and Donald Driver had just 1 less than Flyguy.

So I guess Reggie Wayne, T.O. Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall aren't elite WRs. I guess Andre Johnson is BARELY elite. :wallbash:

Edited by DreReed83

With the lockout and all, more likely he's sitting in front of a Juggs magazine

I knew there was gonna be at least one guy lol

Yes. Because elite receivers never drop a pass. Look at the list of leaders for dropped passes and name me one WR that isn't elite. Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, Miles Austin, Pierre Garcon, all led the NFL in dropped passes. Fred Jackson dropped as many passes as Stevie last year so get off his jock.

Andre Johnson and Donald Driver had 1 less than Flyguy.

Get real

If you think that he doesn't have a problem with dropped balls that hit him right in the hands you are deluding yourself. I still think he is a very good player......but everyone has something to work on and this is his thing.

I knew there was gonna be at least one guy lol

If you think that he doesn't have a problem with dropped balls that hit him right in the hands you are deluding yourself. I still think he is a very good player......but everyone has something to work on and this is his thing.

Stats don't lie. WR's that get targeted that much are gonna drop passes. It happens to the best of em. I'm not saying he's elite, but he is one of the better WRs in the game and the stats prove it. He caught 82 passes and dropped 8. God forbid. Dam him to h*ll !!! :rolleyes:

Andre Johnson had 86 receptions and dropped 7.

Reggie Wayne had 111 receptions and dropped 13.

Brandon Marshall 86 receptions and dropped 11

Even elite WRs drop passes.

Edited by DreReed83

Stats don't lie. WR's that get targeted that much are gonna drop passes. It happens to the best of em. I'm not saying he's elite, but he is one of the better WRs in the game and the stats prove it. He caught 82 passes and dropped 8. God forbid. Dam him to h*ll !!! :rolleyes:

oK, Ok, Mr. Stats, tell me then what's the stat for WRs dropping passes right there in the endzone costing their team a winning TD (see game vs.Pittsburgh). Thanks

Yes. Because elite receivers never drop a pass. Look at the list of leaders for dropped passes and name me one WR that isn't elite. Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, Miles Austin, Pierre Garcon, all led the NFL in dropped passes. Fred Jackson, Ochocinco, Steve Smith, all dropped as many passes as Stevie last year so get off his jock.

So I guess Reggie Wayne, T.O. Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall aren't elite WRs. I guess Andre Johnson is BARELY elite. :wallbash:

Once again you take a harmless opinion and turn it into a personal attack. Lovely, just lovely.

About the WRs, Johnson, Fitzgerald, White, and Wayne are the only true elites. Calling Miles Austin or Pierre Garcon elite is stretching it a bit.

First of all, dropped passes are not an official stat and are subjective to interpretation. Second, I promise you SJ dropped more than 8 passes that he should have caught, I mean he had 5 in the Pitt game alone. Third, SJ drops too many passes that simply someone at this level should not be dropping.

More importantly though is that SJ was no where near as important on the field as those other receivers were last season. Too many times he was irrelevant for the bulk of the game and in several games compiled most of his stats once the game was out of reach. I am still high on him, it was still a break out year for him, but he is far from being in the conversation of the receivers you have on your list. He was no where near a game changer where he just took over games or was truly a dominant player on the field.

Overall, he had a break out season and I am looking forward to see how he builds on it. But, he has to be able make strides this year to be a factor throughout the game, make the catches he is supposed to make, and work on his mental game to be able to be relied upon in key situations.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Names like these will always be high on the list because of the amount of balls thrown to them. But to bring up this list doesn't discount Stevie having a real problem with droping balls.

oK, Ok, Mr. Stats, tell me then what's the stat for WRs dropping passes right there in the endzone costing their team a winning TD (see game vs.Pittsburgh). Thanks

There's no degree in difficulty or importance of difficulty stat in football. This isn't figure skating or gymnastics. A dropped pass is a dropped pass regardless of the difficulty, or whatever. So he missed one dropped pass. It benefited us anyways so who gives a sht? Without that dropped pass we'd be picking 6th in the NFL draft and would've had what to pick? We ended up with Dareus due to his dropped pass. So what's your beef?

Names like these will always be high on the list because of the amount of balls thrown to them. But to bring up this list doesn't discount Stevie having a real problem with droping balls.

Steve Johnson was targeted 143 times in 2010. That ranks 7th in the league in most amount of targets. More than Andre Johnson. More than Terrell Owens.More than Marques Colston. More than Calvin Johnson.

Yet his numbers were similar to that of Andre. Am I saying he's better than Andre Johnson. NOPE. But ALL i'm saying is cut him some slack. He gets thrown to more than Andre and has about as many drops as Andre.

Whoopeee. <_<

First of all, dropped passes are not an official stat and are subjective to interpretation. Second, I promise you SJ dropped more than 8 passes that he should have caught, I mean he had 5 in the Pitt game alone. Third, SJ drops too many passes that simply someone at this level should not be dropping.

More importantly though is that SJ was no where near as important on the field as those other receivers were last season. Too many times he was irrelevant for the bulk of the game and in several games compiled most of his stats once the game was out of reach. I am still high on him, it was still a break out year for him, but he is far from being in the conversation of the receivers you have on your list. He was no where near a game changer where he just took over games or was truly a dominant player on the field.

Overall, he had a break out season and I am looking forward to see how he builds on it. But, he has to be able make strides this year to be a factor throughout the game, make the catches he is supposed to make, and work on his mental game to be able to be relied upon in key situations.

OK. So then who's to say that Reggie Wayne and Wes Welker didn't have more dropped passes? Maybe they dropped more balls than that then. Or does that rule ONLY account for Stevie??? :rolleyes:

Stevie can catch the ball coz he's got 9-5/8'' claws. Stevie's #1 attribute is his route running. I'd like to see Stevie get stronger than his 2008 pro day 6 225 reps, 275 max bench. If he develops a stronger upperbody he'd be a much tougher matchup against physical corners. The only area of improvement I could see on the stat line would be to get him the ball deep as his long was only 45 yards. He grabbed 11 passes over 20 yards and had 401 yards after catch. Stevie ranked #5 among WRs in yards after the catch.

Stevie can catch the ball coz he's got 9-5/8'' claws. Stevie's #1 attribute is his route running. I'd like to see Stevie get stronger than his 2008 pro day 6 225 reps, 275 max bench. If he develops a stronger upperbody he'd be a much tougher matchup against physical corners. The only area of improvement I could see on the stat line would be to get him the ball deep as his long was only 45 yards. He grabbed 11 passes over 20 yards and had 401 yards after catch. Stevie ranked #5 among WRs in yards after the catch.

Agreed. Stevie is one of the best OVERALL WR's we've had in a long long time.

Can't wait to see what Easley does.