I think Donte Whitner is on his period

Anyone follow him on Twitter? He's making ambiguous comments like "I'm gone and I'm happy" a day after saying he is done in Buffalo, and he wonders why people read too much into it.

lol I like when Public figures put their thoughts on social media, then act like people are invading their privacy whenever they get called out on their passive aggressive remarks.

He is a child and I don't want the guy on this team anymore.

+1

So let me see if I have this straight. Both of you want to let a former first round pick walk with no compensation not because of his playing ability or lack thereof, and not because he is "one more mistake away from a big suspension" (aka Lynch), but because you think his twitter comments are childish?

I weep for the future of the Bills Nation.

Whitners attitude is a microcosim of what is wrong with this team.......

Give me players that want to be here and hate losing that can actually play.....not 1st round crybabys that dont back it up on the field and spew their negative vibes over the internet.

Something Marcel Darius said when he was interviewed is kind of sticking with me this morning paraphrasing:

"so are you concerned that there might not be much to do in buffalo.....no night life"

Marcel "we can celebrate and have fun when we actually start winning"

and when he said it.....I didn't get the sense that he was joking or just saying what we wanted to hear........

Someone should explain to him that if the following things happen:

1. The appellate court upholds Judge Nelson's ruling that the NFL cannot proceed with a lockout

2. The owners and players do NOT come to an agreement

Then there is a good chance that the rules that they played by last year will be in place again in 2011. That means that Whitner would be a Bill whether he likes it or not. (Unless, of course, some other team was willing to cough up a 1st rounder for him.)

Someone should explain to him that if the following things happen:

1. The appellate court upholds Judge Nelson's ruling that the NFL cannot proceed with a lockout

2. The owners and players do NOT come to an agreement

Then there is a good chance that the rules that they played by last year will be in place again in 2011. That means that Whitner would be a Bill whether he likes it or not. (Unless, of course, some other team was willing to cough up a 1st rounder for him.)

Best one-liner I've heard all day! :nana:

So let me see if I have this straight. Both of you want to let a former first round pick walk with no compensation not because of his playing ability or lack thereof, and not because he is "one more mistake away from a big suspension" (aka Lynch), but because you think his twitter comments are childish?

If he was the world's greatest player I wouldn't care. He is average at best making 1st round money and he's a butthole. Adios muchacho.

I weep for the future of Bills nation that can't see when guys can't play. All the Youboti love, all the Corner love, even all the Poz love. These are all below average players. Don't care when they were drafted. Guess we should be waiting for compensation for Maybin too.

The guy is sugar coating everything he says and people are taking it the wrong way. He is an athlete and a professional - he should be more cautious of what he types on twitter. He has 15,000 followers for god sakes. When he tweets "I'm gone" - it kind of comes off the wrong way on fans...

You don't think the fact that Whitner acts like a 12-year-old boy is problematic?? Would you hire a boy to do a man's job?

If he was the world's greatest player I wouldn't care. He is average at best making 1st round money and he's a butthole. Adios muchacho.

I weep for the future of Bills nation that can't see when guys can't play. All the Youboti love, all the Corner love, even all the Poz love. These are all below average players. Don't care when they were drafted. Guess we should be waiting for compensation for Maybin too.

:thumbsup:

Code, I'll make you feel better. I want to let him walk because of his play. He is horrendous in coverage. He's been scored on by more NFL TE's than Kim Kardashian.

The guy was getting burned down the seam by such elite athletes as Anthony Fasano and Rob Gronkoski.

Compensation? He's making 8th overall draft pick money. Nobody is trading for that contract.

His attitude on twitter is just a further annoyance. Let me put it this way, if Kyle Williams was on twitter acting a fool, it would be easier to understand. But for Whitner, an overdrafted, underperforming, over-vocal player to be such a fool on twitter is just the last of the many reasons to say. :nana:

Right well, if you're looking for an excuse I want him gone because he's just not very good...He takes poor angles, misses WAY too many tackles, can't cover a TE to save his life, is constantly late to react, wants Top 5 Safety money...There are PLENTY of on-the-field reasons for not wanting Whitner around...Add the off-the-field stuff and I'll line up to hold the door open for the guy...

Buh bye... B-)

I don't follow anyone on twitter, simply because I don't give a **** what anyone else is doing with their lives in a cyber environment. Donte uses it because he needs validation because his mommy didn't love him enough as a child. If he was a top talent, he wouldn't need that social nitwit media tool anyway.

Remember kids, You can't spell Whitner without whiner.

How do you get compensation for a guy who is not under contract? :huh: