[closed]Every year Bills find a "diamond" in very late round o

If Jasper can make the team and turn into a contributor like Pat Willams, Sam Adams, etc... This Defense will "stop" the run this year for sure. Coach him up and lets see if he can "clog" the middle. I would hate to be a center and get smashed by this monster 50 times a game.

If Jasper can make the team and turn into a contributor like Pat Willams, Sam Adams, etc... This Defense will "stop" the run this year for sure. Coach him up and lets see if he can "clog" the middle. I would hate to be a center and get smashed by this monster 50 times a game.

The next Pat Williams? We can only hope for this scenario!!!

I'm not a football coaching expert; I'm surely not a positional expert. However, I would have to think that being so much bigger than your competition IN SOME CASES can even outweigh lack of skill. This is not to say that a 400LB fatty could go up against the likes of Vince Wilfork or Chris Jenkins, but this guy isn't a 400LB fatty. Clearly he demonstrated in his workout video that he's athletic, quick on the feet and insanely strong. Dropping ~65 lbs in 6 months proves he's motivated and wants to succeed in the NFL. Getting drafted was the first step. As long as he plays with a mean streak and is willing to be coached, I could see him making the team as a backup. He may be raw at the beginning, but he could make up for his lack of skill with superior size and strength. After a season or two his skills would likely be refined enough that combined with his immense size, he could become a starter rather than a situational player.

MY QUESTION TO YOU- Do you believe that in the NFL sometimes size and strength can outweigh a players "rawness" / lack of skill

I'd like to see what he could do at OT myself. Think of the holes he could open. Think of the blitzers he could hold off.

I'm a little concerned about the weight loss thing. When a player is used to playing at one weight and has success at that weight, it's not that easy to gain or lose a lot of weight and still be effective, IMO. I'm not saying that he shouldn't lose the weight, but playing at 440 vs 300 lb guys is not the same as playing at 375 vs 340 lb guys. He's going to have to develop skills and techniques that he just didn't need before so it may be a stretch to say that he will be effective anytime soon.

I'm a little concerned about the weight loss thing. When a player is used to playing at one weight and has success at that weight, it's not that easy to gain or lose a lot of weight and still be effective, IMO. I'm not saying that he shouldn't lose the weight, but playing at 440 vs 300 lb guys is not the same as playing at 375 vs 340 lb guys. He's going to have to develop skills and techniques that he just didn't need before so it may be a stretch to say that he will be effective anytime soon.

As long as he doesn't lose muscle/strength, losing weight will only help him with agility and stamina. It's harder to add weight and keep ones skill set.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.