Poll: Grade 2008 Bills Draft

MURTR

78 members have voted

1. 1. Grade for the Bills 2008 Draft (listed in 1st post)?

1. Leodis McKelvin (CB)

2. James Hardy (WR)

3. Chris Ellis (DE)

4. Reggie Corner (DB)

4. Derek Fine (TE)

5. Alvin Bowen (OLB)

6. Xavier Omon (RB)

7. Demetrius Bell (T)

7. Steve Johnson (WR)

7. Kennard Cox (DB)

Damn who the heck would of thought that the best player of the 08 Bills draft class would be Stevey J followed by Bell? Im happy that we were able to get solid starting players that late but its just pathetic how awful the rest of that draft is. Mckelvin still has a chance to be a contributor on this team but i think its pretty clear now that he will never live up to his 11th overall pick expectations. I gave it a C for the poll but it should be more like a c- or a d+

Damn, I remember this draft and how much I wanted Hardy to be the other guy for, was it Losman?, to throw to. Honestly now with leodis probably starting this coming season, along with sj, db, and reggie as slot guy, this draft is looking decent. None of them have been lights out, except for sj's solid run last year, and there have been problems, sj's pittsburgh drop in ot, the mckelvin fumble, demetrius getting knocked down by my grandmother. All that being said, I give it a B for putting three starters and a slot corner in there. maybe sj picks it up this year and leodis keeps it together. either way, looking better as time has passed and i am generally feeling the euphoria after three solid d picks today. generous with a b, yes. crazy? not so much

Gave it a D. The only saving grace is Stevie.

Yup. McKelvin is another Whitner: adequate player but terribly over rated by the Bills' FO.

I had hoped Bowen would be able to show somthing, but he never got back after a pre-season injury. He was probably too small anyway, but had some fire.

Gave it a D. The only saving grace is Stevie.

Ditto though I wonder if Bell will be able to take a step forward this year. If not for the seventh round this draft would have been an absolute failure or worse if you could grade it so.