Drayton Florence wants Bowers, supports Fitz

scribo

Drayton tweeted a few interesting things today.

First, he said Bowers would be a great pick for the Bills at #34. And with this tweet, he says adding Bowers to the roster would make him want to stay...

"If bower is still there that's another great pick and it would be hard for me too leave with @shawnemerriman on the other side"

Also, in response to whether the Bills should take a QB tonight, he tweeted, "fitz is our qb"

Now, we all know GMs do what they think is the best for the team -- not what players think is best for the team, but I still find this interesting.

Guest three3

DF declared himself to be a "business man" at the end of the season. meaning he's taking the highest offer on the market. so his thoughts and opinions are worth about as much as anyone's on this board

Why does everyone assume that drafting a QB means they are getting rid of Fitz? the Bills need to think about the future (not just this season) and getting a QB now, he can sit behind Fitz for 1-2 years and learn until he can take the position away from Fitz. By delaying picking a QB, your also delaying the rebuilding of the Bills. Fitz is good enough to hold the spot for now, but he isn't going to be the guy who is going to win them a SB. He just isn't a franchise type QB. They need to address the QB situation now by either taking Mallett, Dalton, or kaepernick (if they believe those guys have the potential of being a franchise QB with some work/seasoning, or go out in FA this year and try to get a guy like Troy or Alex Smith, Clausen, or another player who Chan and Fitz can work with and maybe with a change of scenery can be the guy

First, he said Bowers would be a great pick for the Bills at #34. And with this tweet, he says adding Bowers to the roster would make him want to stay...

"If bower is still there that's another great pick and it would be hard for me too leave with @shawnemerriman on the other side"

Also, in response to whether the Bills should take a QB tonight, he tweeted, "fitz is our qb"

Now, we all know GMs do what they think is the best for the team -- not what players think is best for the team, but I still find this interesting.

Does that really matter since right now Florence technically isn't even on the Bills roster and is a free agent?

Does that really matter since right now Florence technically isn't even on the Bills roster and is a free agent?

if your one of the members here who don't want buffalo to take a Qb with their pick, then this means everything because its more proof to say that yours is the right choice. I'm shocked though, a player on defence saying the Bills should take another player for the defence? Shocked!

Why does everyone assume that drafting a QB means they are getting rid of Fitz? the Bills need to think about the future (not just this season) and getting a QB now, he can sit behind Fitz for 1-2 years and learn until he can take the position away from Fitz. By delaying picking a QB, your also delaying the rebuilding of the Bills. Fitz is good enough to hold the spot for now, but he isn't going to be the guy who is going to win them a SB. He just isn't a franchise type QB. They need to address the QB situation now by either taking Mallett, Dalton, or kaepernick (if they believe those guys have the potential of being a franchise QB with some work/seasoning, or go out in FA this year and try to get a guy like Troy or Alex Smith, Clausen, or another player who Chan and Fitz can work with and maybe with a change of scenery can be the guy

What if they believe nobody available is better than Fitz & there is no franchise guy out there to develop? The best thing to do is go with what you have, bring in a backup QB for this season without the idea of grooming him into your future starter, and get the franchise QB when one with a lot more potential than the bums out there in 2011 becomes available. It might take years, because drafting a guy wishing he's a franchise QB doesn't make him one. We all heard the cries for Clausen last year at #9 because we didn't have a franchise QB & so far passing on him looks like the right decision. You can only acquire guys who are available and there are years when nobody is available better that what you've already got. Getting one of the Smiths or Clausen is no better than the Brohm folly was. That's especially true of A.Smith & Clausen. No QB in the modern era who was drafted high & jettisoned, with the exception of Kerry Collins who was let go due to a drinking problem at the time of his release, has ever amounted to anything much with any subsequent team he landed with. All those 1st & 2nd round busts never became the guy with a change in scenery.

What if they believe nobody available is better than Fitz & there is no franchise guy out there to develop? The best thing to do is go with what you have, bring in a backup QB for this season without the idea of grooming him into your future starter, and get the franchise QB when one with a lot more potential than the bums out there in 2011 becomes available. It might take years, because drafting a guy wishing he's a franchise QB doesn't make him one. We all heard the cries for Clausen last year at #9 because we didn't have a franchise QB & so far passing on him looks like the right decision. You can only acquire guys who are available and there are years when nobody is available better that what you've already got. Getting one of the Smiths or Clausen is no better than the Brohm folly was. That's especially true of A.Smith & Clausen. No QB in the modern era who was drafted high & jettisoned, with the exception of Kerry Collins who was let go due to a drinking problem at the time of his release, has ever amounted to anything much with any subsequent team he landed with. All those 1st & 2nd round busts never became the guy with a change in scenery.

that doesn't mean it will never happen. teams these days are giving up on players quicker these days because they are expecting management and coaching staff to turn things around sooner. How does anyone know that with some grooming and a new coaching staff where they won't be thrust intot he starting job, that all of those guys will eventually fail? How much time was given to Clausen in Carolina?

Steve Young. Brett Favre. Drew Brees.

I just wonder if the Pats will take Bowers at #33 as they went into the drafting needing DE's and they have a strong enough talent base and enough picks to take a chance on Bowers. Also I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't trade up with New England and take Bowers or a QB. If he is there at #34 and our coaches and medical doctors feel that he is going to make a full recovery in a timely manner then I say let's get him! Could be the steal of the draft and a healthy Bowers playing on the same line as Dareus and Kyle Williams really is scary!!

I agree with what you are saying about drafting a QB! Nows the time and you have enough picks to do that and then to refocus on the defense! With a year or two..sometimes more of break in period/learning curve this is the perfect time to snag a QB. My personal favorite I'm rooting for is Colin Kaepernick for a variety of reasons, but I still would be accepting of either Dalton or Mallett as I would think the Bills would have conviction over whomever they select..and that they probably know better than me which QB is more talented! But a big YES! will come out if they took Kaeprenick! I would also be fine with Bowers at #34 if it were to happen and would be willing to delay the QB selection as this is a high risk/high reward type of pick due to the injury sustained! But the potential may be worth the risk! If that would require a trade back into the second that's fine as long as we don't mortgage the future by giving next years high picks to do so! So get the QB...Get the QB...2ND OR 3RD..But get'em! :thumbsup: