I keep seeing it in every other post but the

So shut up already. There are 6 other rounds and there will be a free agency sooner or later. Even if we go D-line with the first pick it's not like we will vault into the top 10 of run defense. It's gonna be a huge project that will probably take a couple of years to fix. If we go franchise QB or AJ Green, it will be good for the future. Same with fixing the run D, think ahead people. :wallbash:

So shut up already. There are 6 other rounds and there will be a free agency sooner or later. Even if we go D-line with the first pick it's not like we will vault into the top 10 of run defense. It's gonna be a huge project that will probably take a couple of years to fix. If we go franchise QB or AJ Green, it will be good for the future. Same with fixing the run D, think ahead people. :wallbash:

I agree completely. Too much emphasis on the first round. This team needs to have a solid draft, period. As long as they don't completely blow that first round pick, I will be satisfied. Get a good player in each round and the team will be better off for it.

The D does need to be fixed. But people are being a little shortsigted here.

The offense was not good. They had trouble staying on the field meaning our weak D was getting pounded. We gave up a ton of yards in the second half of games for this very reason.

If they think theres a QB who can be better than Fitz, thats their pick no bones about it. Otherwise it will be reinforcement for the D.

why do people talk about free agency like its a possibility...the Bills wont be making any big signings so please stop kidding yourself

the Bills havent had a stud on the d-line for how long? if Dareus is there and im hoping he is he has to be the pick, if not then its Miller

i would like to see the Bills go defense with their second pick as well because the front seven needs a serious talent upgrade but we all know they are trying to go QB there

Edited by Max997

32nd against the rush and a paltry 27 sacks last year. The D is broke. Williams is are only legitimate defensive player. Unfortunately you need to start 11 and we only have 9 selections. So no, we can't afford to blow the highest draft slot the Bills have had since Bruce Smith. You shut up

I AGREE, I AGREE, I AGREE!!!

How Much did Suh, the Biggest,Meanest,BESTEST,DEFENSIVE LINEMEAN to get DRAFTED IN THE 10 YEARS HELP THR LION RUSH DEFENSE? look it up for yourself...

and none of these guys are SUH.... Offensive win championships..defensives are Good to have...

32nd against the rush and a paltry 27 sacks last year. The D is broke. Williams is are only legitimate defensive player. Unfortunately you need to start 11 and we only have 9 selections. So no, we can't afford to blow the highest draft slot the Bills have had since Bruce Smith. You shut up

You tell'em Pete! +1

why do people talk about free agency like its a possibility...the Bills wont be making any big signings so please stop kidding yourself

the Bills havent had a stud on the d-line for how long? if Dareus is there and im hoping he is he has to be the pick, if not then its Miller

i would like to see the Bills go defense with their second pick as well because the front seven needs a serious talent upgrade but we all know they are trying to go QB there

Ever heard of Kyle Williams?

I only agree for the simple reason that this draft is defensive heavy.....

We are in a QB driven league whoever has a good QB usually does very well.

In the end this is the pick that will tell us where the franchise is heading

Edited by marauderswr80

How Much did Suh, the Biggest,Meanest,BESTEST,DEFENSIVE LINEMEAN to get DRAFTED IN THE 10 YEARS HELP THR LION RUSH DEFENSE? look it up for yourself...

and none of these guys are SUH.... Offensive win championships..defensives are Good to have...

if Detroit is agreeable I would trade our entire starting defense for Suh. We can replace them with journeymen as that is how we built it.

stud no doubt. Who is our second best defender?

Precisely. There is no number two. We need D help in every area. I like the upside of Carrington, Moats and Troup. Beyond that our LB's are pitiful and DB's average. This draft is deep in DL and LB's. Let's get as many as we can!

Free agency doesn't have to have big name splash type guys. 3-4 ends and MLB are solid fill in types that can be had. The NT and pass rushing LB is where you have to pay out the ass. Add in RT and TE.....good solid role players......If not this year, next year the big time D-lineman or OLB. Two year project minimum folks....starting today.

Agreed. We have 9 picks this year. The #3 selection HAS to be the best player left on Buddy's board and I'm excited that Nevergiveup stated that Buddy will do just that.

They gave up 50 less yards of total offense and 7.8 less points per game. If we gave up 7 less points in every game last year, we would have picked up 6 more wins.

They also picked up 18 more sacks last season (Suh had 10 himself), forced 8 more fumbles and had 5 more interceptions. I'd be happy with that added production.

This team has so many holes and weaknesses, you need to hit on the entire draft to improve this team more than just a little bit. Look at this team. Everyone knows how bad the run defense is, and because of that, we really don't know how good the pass defense is, becuase nobody was forced to throw at them. Our quarterback situation isn't as bad as it has been, but Fitz is nothing more than average or a good backup at best, Levi is a project with a low chance of ever amounting to anything and Brohm's NFL career is most likely over. Our Offensive line has a couple good young prospects, but at the tackles we have other teams throw aways. I could go on and on, but my point is there has to be alot more picks that turn out successful than just the #3 pick in the draft for it to even make a noticeable difference in this team. There are a handful of positions that are more needy than others, and I would think that you would have to take the most sure thing at one of those most needy positions with the #3 pick in the draft. If they approach the #3 pick like they did the #9 pick last year though, it will be another waste of a pick that good front offices select future Pro Bowl players with.