Chan's Comments to NFLN

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched the interview with Chan on NFLN and I really thought that it was obvious who the choice was just by his tone and the way he talks about each prospect.

Miller is their guy...

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-on-the-draft/3146831f-a0a4-4a0c-9950-c3ab960e1936

See what you think.

I noticed that too. It seems like he just patting Newton on the back and got real excited when his guy was named

Miller and Maybin only have two things in common: The 1st letter of their Last Name and the Position they play (even tho Maybin was drafted as a DE). Miller has a solid body of work at FBS level playing in the Big 12. The dude is bigger and faster than Clay Matthews, he is adding muscle and weight to his frame (last i heard he was up to 250 ish) and he is explosive as demonstrated by his 10' 9" broad jump at the combine. He is a unique pass rusher who can get his torso parallel to the ground without losing leverage and he can cover with the best of the LBs. He and Dareus are the safest picks in this draft. No doubt.

someone please sell me on the von miller pick......

The maybin pick is what scares me.....dont want another maybin mishap

I dont know much on miller.

There's a 40 page thread that can catch you up.

Miller time! I too thought Chan's tone was a dead giveaway that he is leaning towards Miller. I can't see Denver passing on Darius and think that the Miller talk was just a smoke screen. And I can't see Carolina taking Miller #1. I think they are stuck with Newton and I will feel such relief if/when I hear Carolina call Newtons name. Besides some extraordinary circumstance, I think Miller is a done deal- and I love it!

It's gonna be Miller or Dareus, whoever is on the board.

The biggest issue will be, what if Carolina doesn't take Newton? I have no idea what the Bills do in that scenario, bc I'm fairly certain Dareus and Miller will be gone at 3 if Newton slips out of the 1st pick.

I watched the interview with Chan on NFLN and I really thought that it was obvious who the choice was just by his tone and the way he talks about each prospect.

Miller is their guy...

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-on-the-draft/3146831f-a0a4-4a0c-9950-c3ab960e1936

See what you think.

So what happens if Denver picks Miller?

Miller and Maybin only have two things in common: The 1st letter of their Last Name and the Position they play (even tho Maybin was drafted as a DE). Miller has a solid body of work at FBS level playing in the Big 12. The dude is bigger and faster than Clay Matthews, he is adding muscle and weight to his frame (last i heard he was up to 250 ish) and he is explosive as demonstrated by his 10' 9" broad jump at the combine. He is a unique pass rusher who can get his torso parallel to the ground without losing leverage and he can cover with the best of the LBs. He and Dareus are the safest picks in this draft. No doubt.

I think the question is, can he play at 250? Will he maintain his speed? He played at around 235 in college. That is a lot of weight to gain and maintain your speed and agility. I am always Leary of players coming out of college and "bulking" up.

+1

Not to mention his character. I know people think he may have hurt himself by being the one guy named in the lawsuit, but it is a testament to his character and how much respect he garners from his peers.

He is the safest pick in this draft IMO. He has the consistent production in a major conference, and the elite measurables that TCK eluded to, to validate why he was so successful at the college level. Miller is already quick and getting bigger...once he gets more physical under the tutelage of Wannstedt, he will be unstoppable.