Tornado outbreak

kegtapr

Tuscaloosa leveled, Birmingham with possibly a severe hit by a wedge. Bad day to live in the south. It's going to be a very sad morning when the fatalities come to light.

I'm a weather junkie and watch the coverage every year, and this is historic.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuscaloosa leveled, Birmingham with possibly a severe hit by a wedge. Bad day to live in the south. It's going to be a very sad morning when the fatalities come to light.

I'm a weather junkie and watch the coverage every year, and this is historic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1bIhZO7o3k&feature=related

Couldnt resist But very sad

We have a tornado warning here in buffalo actually

You have a watch....and the first round of storms is well to the east. Second round late tonight won't have the ingredients for a tornado.

The Dansville, NY high school roof was blown off. Probably straight line winds and not a tornado.

HOly crap man, this is serious...there are like 128 known tornadoes that hit in Alabama today and the systems that produced them are about to sweep across GA. I've got two systems headed straight for where I live in North GA. I frickin hate tornadoes :ph34r:

tornado watches and warnings and touchdowns in my area. We had pop-storms (what I call them), but no real major damage. The areas hit were Clemmons, Midway, and the greater Winston area to the South, for those thinking it was newar Raleigh.

Just wind here now, been mostly sunny all day, with 10 minute bursts of downpours. Just not "normal" but the wind is definately a concern.

Edited by jboyst62

tornado watches and warnings and touchdowns in my area. We had pop-storms (what I call them), but no real major damage. The areas hit were Clemmons, Midway, and the greater Winston area to the South, for those thinking it was newar Raleigh.

Just wind here now, been mostly sunny all day, with 10 minute bursts of downpours. Just not "normal" but the wind is definately a concern.

Yikes... Stay safe guys

Anyone in the Carolina's, VA, WVA, MD, GA...might want to make sure things are hunkered down.

Yeah, this is really serious....over 30 people already dead in Alabama and now GA is getting hit. Tornado WARNING just issued for Fulton Co, which is Atlanta.

EDIT: Just as I typed this, the death count has doubled...it's now over 60

Edited by ajzepp

Yeah, this is really serious....over 30 people already dead in Alabama and now GA is getting hit. Tornado WARNING just issued for Fulton Co, which is Atlanta.

Stay safe down there! I'd take all of our rain over tornadoes any day. Yikes! :ph34r::unsure:

In Buffalo, we're complaining about the wettest April ever, but it sure beats the stuff that is going on around the country and the world.

I didn't even know about this, but my friend in Knoxville emailed me from his phone. All power has been down since 8PM, and he's got his whole family in the basement. They keep getting more tornado warnings.

The Dansville, NY high school roof was blown off. Probably straight line winds and not a tornado.

Wow. My daughter lives in Ithaca and she just texted me that a tornado touched down 1/2 mile from her house. She slept thru it. She didn't even have a clue until one of her co-workers from the radio station called to make sure she was OK. Wow.

At least 173 dead now, I think that's a two day total including Tuesdays storms.

Probably won't reach the level of the '73 super outbreak but it's damn close.

At least 173 dead now, I think that's a two day total including Tuesdays storms.

Probably won't reach the level of the '73 super outbreak but it's damn close.

Well, that wasn't much fun. Honest to God, I felt like we were being attacked last night, and I got off pretty easy compared to most. They are confirming that some of these ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FUGGIN TORNADOES were over ONE MILE WIDE and hit the level of F-5. I live in North Georgia, and about 16 people were killed not far from where I live. On top of that, the number of injured is just off the charts.

My heart goes out to those in Alabama....they got absolutely obliterated yesterday :(

Well, that wasn't much fun. Honest to God, I felt like we were being attacked last night, and I got off pretty easy compared to most. They are confirming that some of these ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FUGGIN TORNADOES were over ONE MILE WIDE and hit the level of F-5. I live in North Georgia, and about 16 people were killed not far from where I live. On top of that, the number of injured is just off the charts.

My heart goes out to those in Alabama....they got absolutely obliterated yesterday :(

Hearing over 230 dead now, including 11 or 12 in GA.

7 dead and several children missing about 15 miles north of us on interstate 81. the storm eerily followed the highway and turned over big rig trucks are everywhere. a truck stop was leveled with a truck thrown through the attached restaruant. many folks are in a state of shock. my partner had every tree on his property uprooted but everyone's ok. we spent the night in the basement and had little damage except lost shingles, downed branches and frayed nerves. my old time patients who have lived here all their lives say they've never witnessed anything like it. i thank God for my family's safety today and pray for those not as lucky up the road.

Edited by birdog1960

Hearing over 230 dead now, including 11 or 12 in GA.

Unreal...when I saw the graphical breakdown of the tornadoes on the news last night, I truly freaked. I've never EVER seen anything like that, let alone be in the midst of it.

7 dead and several children missing about 15 miles north of us on interstate 81. the storm eerily followed the highway and turned over big rig trucks are everywhere. a truck stop was leveled with a truck thrown through the attached restaruant. many folks are in a state of shock. my partner had every tree on his property uprooted but everyone's ok. we spent the night in the basement and had little damage except lost shingles, downed branches and frayed nerves. my old time patients who have lived here all their lives say they've never witnessed anything like it. i thank God for my family's safety today and pray for those not as lucky up the road.

Glad ur okay, man...I know exactly what you mean when you mention the frayed nerves. I went from being annoyed that they were interrupting my tv shows with weather updates to feeling completely unnerved that so many systems were heading at me at once. I honestly have never heard of a single tornado being a mile wide...that is absolutely horrifying. When I saw the pics coming in of the destruction, it really hit me. I had the mattress and some couch cushions ready to take into the bathtub on a moment's notice, and my dogs were really acting on edge. Thankfully the two systems that were headed right toward me missed above and below my apartment complex.

And I'm with you on the prayers going out to those who were not as fortunate as we were...that death toll keeps rising :cry: