All Newton all the time

RichardBag

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure there are no hard feelings after Newton single handedly led a great comeback against Bama

For me, college and pro are two different things. I carry no animosity from one level to the next.

& its defensive mastermind Saban. :thumbsup:

I don't care who you are. Losing 9 starters on the defense is going to have an impact.

You probably poisoned the tree. :pirate:

Don't have to. The stupid Barners were killing those trees long before jackazz decided he needed to make it personal.

Guz Malzahn went out of his way to get Cam Newton's back and refute the Nawrocki article on Mike & Mike this morning. I find it strange that Nolan Nawrocki admits he never met Cam Newton yet wrote a personal scathing assessment. It sounds like a slam dunk libel lawsuit if Cam really wanted to try it.

Drama.

I think Nawrocki is going to end up losing credibility on this one.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Guz Malzahn went out of his way to get Cam Newton's back and refute the Nawrocki article on Mike & Mike this morning. I find it strange that Nolan Nawrocki admits he never met Cam Newton yet wrote a personal scathing assessment. It sounds like a slam dunk libel lawsuit if Cam really wanted to try it.

Drama.

I think Nawrocki is going to end up losing credibility on this one.

link to Malzahn's statements

Great interview with the guy from PFW who ripped Cam Newton on the Dan Patrick show.

Should be able to post a link to the interview shortly.

cliffs note: issues he has with Newton were more with off the field....then on field.

Blog Notes from DP.com

Pro Football Weekly draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki joined the show to talk about his draft analysis of quarterback Cam Newton. He had some harsh things to say about Newton’s personality, and Hall of Famer Warren Moon said Nawrocki was using racial stereotypes.

Nawrocki said that the analysis comes from tape, and talking to teams. He said he’s talked to six of the teams in the top 10 in the last 48 hours.

“It’s the most difficult decision some have ever been presented with,” Nawrocki said. “I don’t know if there’s a sure thing at the quarterback position.”

Nawrocki said that teams aren’t sure about Newton or Blaine Gabbert in the top 10.

“This isn’t a personal attack on Cam,” Nawrocki said. “It’s the result of a lot of research.”

Nawrocki said there’s a lot more on Newton. And that there’s a lot of stuff that teams know that the public doesn’t know.

Edited by OnTheRocks

Great interview with the guy from PFW who ripped Cam Newton on the Dan Patrick show.

Should be able to post a link to the interview shortly.

cliffs note: issues he has with Newton were more with off the field....then on field.

Blog Notes from DP.com

This is not a "result of a lot of research:"

"Very disingenuous - has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law - does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room...Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness - is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

This is filled with forward looking statements that are not based on research but based on opinion.

But the guy's got to try to do some damage control.

Nawrocki isnt doing damage control, because as far as he's concerned he got exactly what he wanted. Attention.

The only people with bigger egos and less scruples than these young players, are the "Draft Experts" desperate to get noticed and fill air-time/print-space.

Its a long offseason until the draft this year, and when he couldnt come up with any original or interesting FOOTBALL talk, he resorted to being just another trash-talking internet poster.

I'll now return to giving this guy the amount of attention he deserves.

What he said is not libel. Newton is a public figure and there was nothing of slander on him. There is no damage control, the guy is a scout that is saying things that many others are saying and he just got put to the front of the line for some reason. Who cares what Warren Moon or some fan said about his article...or for that matter those that agree with him? The audio from Dan Patrick only solidifies that this guy has an opinion that does not hold Cam Newton to be a good person - and there is enough good reason we all know about on why that is true. His behavior at Florida, his father, etc. none of it seems that great and it is easy to see why he has this belief. He does not talk about the football aspect of Newton, if anyone notices. To be called a racist or someone who is trying to smear Newton is not fair.

Just because Newton could be drafted first overall does not mean that his statements are not true... this guy believes that Cam Newton's personal life is going to overshaddow his professional life. He says as much in his comments about his on the field product and the reality is these guys are more connected then any of us - some more then others - and they know things that we do not. I will never believe Warren Moon knows more about Newton then Nolan.

What he said is not libel. Newton is a public figure and there was nothing of slander on him. There is no damage control, the guy is a scout that is saying things that many others are saying and he just got put to the front of the line for some reason. Who cares what Warren Moon or some fan said about his article...or for that matter those that agree with him? The audio from Dan Patrick only solidifies that this guy has an opinion that does not hold Cam Newton to be a good person - and there is enough good reason we all know about on why that is true. His behavior at Florida, his father, etc. none of it seems that great and it is easy to see why he has this belief. He does not talk about the football aspect of Newton, if anyone notices. To be called a racist or someone who is trying to smear Newton is not fair.

Just because Newton could be drafted first overall does not mean that his statements are not true... this guy believes that Cam Newton's personal life is going to overshaddow his professional life. He says as much in his comments about his on the field product and the reality is these guys are more connected then any of us - some more then others - and they know things that we do not. I will never believe Warren Moon knows more about Newton then Nolan.

OMG! He Bought a stolen laptop and tried to hide it! I'd put him right up there with Hitler as far as bad people go.

I bought a camera from a crack head on the corner Elmwood and Allen when I was in College, and everyone knows what a horrible person I am.

:nana:

And if any college would have paid me $100,000 on top of a scholarship to attend their university. I would have been there 2 weeks early to make sure I didn't miss the first day of class.

Again, because I'm such a horrible person.

OMG! He Bought a stolen laptop and tried to hide it! I'd put him right up there with Hitler as far as bad people go.

I bought a camera from a crack head on the corner Elmwood and Allen when I was in College, and everyone knows what a horrible person I am.

:nana:

And if any college would have paid me $100,000 on top of a scholarship to attend their university. I would have been there 2 weeks early to make sure I didn't miss the first day of class.

Again, because I'm such a horrible person.

All of that is fine and dandy but when one day you will be put under a microscope for one of the most amazing jobs you could have then ... expect it to come up. It was not just the laptop. It was the cheating 3 seperate times, too. It is the whole cloud of crap that surrounds Cam and the first thing he needs to do is get out of it. I am really surprised I have not heard him come out and tell us all the bad things he's done - similar to Reggie Bush. I give it a few years.

And, anyone who sees his smile sees the snake in the grass. That smile is as fake as Pameler Anderson

All of that is fine and dandy but when one day you will be put under a microscope for one of the most amazing jobs you could have then ... expect it to come up. It was not just the laptop. It was the cheating 3 seperate times, too. It is the whole cloud of crap that surrounds Cam and the first thing he needs to do is get out of it. I am really surprised I have not heard him come out and tell us all the bad things he's done - similar to Reggie Bush. I give it a few years.

And, anyone who sees his smile sees the snake in the grass. That smile is as fake as Pameler Anderson

Is this smile real or fake?

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/tom-brady-2.jpg

I'm not sure what that has to do with getting TDs on the football field . . .

you fanboys are impossible...

don't you realize why it is only like 5 people who post here? I try to post my opinion and just get told how wrong I am...it is your opinion.

Really, I wish I would ignore this thread...like 99% of this boards population.

you fanboys are impossible...

don't you realize why it is only like 5 people who post here? I try to post my opinion and just get told how wrong I am...it is your opinion.

Really, I wish I would ignore this thread...like 99% of this boards population.

I actually Don't want the Bills to draft Newton at #3 but I find that haterade parade funny.

Cam Newton has a good chance to be great in the NFL, I'm not completely sold.

My concern is not his throwing motion, his smile, buying a stolen laptop, or his family possibly taking a kickback. My problem when watching him play is he appears to make slow decisions. He can make every throw but he seems to be a second off in his timing. I find this worrisome because in the NFL he'll have less time; not more, than the 21 wonderlic kind of killed the deal for me.

I just find some of the stuff people say about this kind comical though.

I will never believe Warren Moon knows more about Newton then Nolan.

... why? Because he agrees with the position you took before he filed his report? I'm just saying, to throw out such a definitive statement as "I will never believe" sure makes it sound like you're more interested in pushing your own agenda than actually learning about the kid.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I mean -- come on. That's a ridiculous statement to make.