Nate Clements injured?

Dan Gross

I don't remember him suffering a shoulder injury in the game...anyone hear anything on this?  Special teams would really be taking a hit if Dorenbos and Clements were out....

162587[/snapback]

For the gamblers...errr...fairness to the other team, all injuries are listed regardless of their severity. He could be listed for sleeping on it funny.

For the gamblers...errr...fairness to the other team, all injuries are listed regardless of their severity. He could be listed for sleeping on it funny.

162591[/snapback]

True. I heard it on WGR this morning as being "questionable," so I was a bit relieved to see him as probable. I just hope this game doesn't come down to a last second FG try. I can't imagine synchronization happening too well with a guy who was on the street until yesterday...

Anyone know anything about the Bengals' backup center? The thought of a backup being in makes me think that Sam and Pat will be causing trouble...

He did get a pretty hard shot on it in the Browns game.

162593[/snapback]

Now that you jogged my memory, I remember him being guided off after a return. It had looked to me at the time like he had landed on the football and had the wind knocked out of him, but could very well have been shoulder.

Thanks.

True.  I heard it on WGR this morning as being "questionable," so I was a bit relieved to see him as probable.  I just hope this game doesn't come down to a last second FG try.  I can't imagine synchronization happening too well with a guy who was on the street until yesterday...

Anyone know anything about the Bengals' backup center?  The thought of a backup being in makes me think that Sam and Pat will be causing trouble...

162600[/snapback]

Yikes! Imagine Banta snapping to Lindell for the potential game-winning field goal...we better be up by 20 in the fourth...

Clements injured it when he picked up the fumble and one of the Browns O-lineman tackled him. I saw Clements get up with him holding his shoulder and Spikes was helping take him off.

Yeah, that hurt. But I think he may have just aggravated it at that point.

I'm thinking the first time he hurt it might have been against Seattle, and if it is, Mularkey probably deserves an earful.

With just a few minutes left and the game having been well in hand for some time, Nate was still in there for some reason. Seattle ran off-tackle over left side and Nate fought off a block and went face first into a hard-charging back and another blocker to make a tough, tough tackle. Before he even got up I was cussing at the pointlessness of it, and sure enough he got up really slow and looked to me like he had an arm dragging low.

I had completely forgotten about it until he scooped up that fumble (I was thinking of you K-Dog if you're reading:-) and came up slow again vs the Browns. :rolleyes:

Cya

I wonder if he didn't first hurt it earlier in that Seattle game, when he called for a fair catch and some tard on the Seahawks flattened him while trying to catch the ball himself. He was down for awhile on that play.

Clements injured it when he picked up the fumble and one of the Browns O-lineman tackled him.  I saw Clements get up with him holding his shoulder and Spikes was helping take him off.

163104[/snapback]

Looked to me on review to be the kind of hit that can cause a separated shoulder. I'm pleased he's doing as good as "probable".