Report: Skins want to trade up to #2

the best thing for the Bills would be if Newton-Gabbert went 1-2. Even better would be if the next 7 QBs were off the board by the time pick 34 came around. So they could not even be tempted by the QB hype, and concentrate on building the lines and defense

the best thing for the Bills would be if Newton-Gabbert went 1-2. Even better would be if the next 7 QBs were off the board by the time pick 34 came around. So they could not even be tempted by the QB hype, and concentrate on building the lines and defense

I just hope we dont trade up into the bottom of the first round to get one. Too many needs to be giving picks away.

I soooo hope this happens. If Newton/Gabbert go 1-2 then Dareus falls into our lap.

If that happens and they don't pick him I'm going to lose my mind.

I just hope we dont trade up into the bottom of the first round to get one. Too many needs to be giving picks away.

From what I see spending a draft pick on a QB prior to the 4th round is likely a wasted pick for the Bills. Newtn and Gabbert appear to be the best of the QBs available and both of them are likely two year projects as best as I can see before they are ready to contribute consistently at QB.

Newton appears to have the most upside of the two as he has won and produced dramatically at each step, but the negatives shown in his temperament and his Dad make him a risky pick.

Gabbert I think has more likelihood than Newton to eventually become a franchise QB, but he only has two years as a college starter at QB and unlike athletes such as Luck who has long demonstrated he is going to be a force to be reckoned with, Gabbert has been productive but has produced doing good dumpoffs in a collegiate spread offense. Logic simply says expect a year of bench sitting from him before he learns the pro game and a year of practice and looking over the centers back before he gets it.

Its possible for a rookie QB to be productive in the NFL, but no one is mistaking Gabbert or Newton for a Dan Marino or a Peyton Manning whi can start immediately (or even be productive in his first year) nor is anyone mistaking the Bills D for the unit for the Ray Lewis led Ravens D which allowed Flacco to produce as a rookie QB.

I see this as awesome on two fronts. A) Denver cannot take Dareus at 2 if they trade with the Redsins who take Gabbert, which means we would take Dareus over Miller/Green according to NGU (assuming Newton is the top pick). B) they could fail to trade with Denver and offer us the same trade, which allows us to stockpile picks.

The bad thing here is the Bills still would select the wrong player like they always seem to!

The best case scenario for the Bills tomorrow will be if both Gabbert and Newton are gone by the time we get our turn on the clock, so that we wont be tempted to go in that direction.

Gabbert will be there at 10.

what makes this year so unique is that since there is no free agency and teams haven't been able to acquire a starting or back up QB ....so they are looking at the draft.

1Carolina-3 Buffalo-4 Cincinnati-5 Arizona-7 San Francisco-8 Tennessee- 10 Washington-12 Minnesota- 15 Miami all lack a true "franchise" QB

If Washington trades up with Denver, it is solely to draft Blane Gabbert IMO. I simply can't see them making that move for Miller or Darius

There easily could be 5 QB's taken in the first round this year- Newton-Gabbert-Locker-Mallett-Dalton, and maybe even Ponder

I don't see this happening. the Redskins do not have alot of Picks in this draft -- I think they are missing the 2nd and 4th round picks. Do they mortgage next year for this guy -- I don't think so. The Skins have as many holes as the Bills and can't aford to give away picks.

This has got to be one of the dumbest rumors I've heard so far. I mean come on does anybody realize WTH Washington would have to give up to move up to number 2? Look, if you believe this I got A pig farm in Alaska to sell for cheap... Who wants it?

if a team isn't sold on players at a particular spot, they are and have been willing to accept less than the stupid "draft pick trade value" chart.

I soooo hope this happens. If Newton/Gabbert go 1-2 then Dareus falls into our lap.

If that happens and they don't pick him I'm going to lose my mind.

you and many others, myself included.

Look, if you believe this I got A pig farm in Alaska to sell for cheap... Who wants it?

how many pigs?