ILB Martez Wilson or QB Ponder in RD2?

Astrobot

76 members have voted

1. 1. ILB Martez Wilson or QB Ponder in RD2?

• ILB Martez Wilson
    • QB Christian Ponder

They should just give Fitz the keys. Build the defense up. By the time the defense is stable, then make a decision on QB. By the time the defense becomes a dominate unit, the coach, GM, and owner will know if Fitz is "the guy".

1.) Fitz sucks

2.) You can't wait for the defense to be stable to worry about QB. It takes a young QB 2-3 years to hit their stride.

3.) By the time the defense is dominant, the owner could be dead, the team could be in LA, the GM will have retired and or we'll probably have a new HC

4.) They already know that Fitz is not "the guy"

1.) Fitz sucks

2.) You can't wait for the defense to be stable to worry about QB. It takes a young QB 2-3 years to hit their stride.

3.) By the time the defense is dominant, the owner could be dead, the team could be in LA, the GM will have retired and or we'll probably have a new HC

1. Go

2. Shoot

3. Yourself

I like Martez. If he is rated as the best Ilb in the draft, why not take him? All these guys have flaws, but that's what coaching is for.

If we take Von Miller or Marcel D. I still like MW at #34. The only exception is Phil Taylor at #34 if we take VM at#3.

So we would have two of the best lbs in the draft, if we go VM, MW. There are a lot of big nasties in the draft to grab in round 3 and down.

Now as for Qb, I really feel if we don't take one at #3, then don't take one at all! And yes I am bringing up Levi to play back up. Otherwise, why is he on the roster? On the other hand, we can go get a vet.

Defensive draft... take advantage of it I say. If we're still rebuilding, grab a qb next year. Its a surplus of defensive talent and that's the way we should go. Maybe a rt or te, but for the most part all D!!

Check out Drafttek. It gives a good idea of big nasties from round 3 and down. Credit to Astrobot. But either way we'll see come Thursday.

THE NATION RISES!!

I am with you in terms of bolstering the D in this draft. I do have to disagree with the idea that since some view Wilson as the

best ILB in the draft, that it means he is one of the best LBs in the draft. Being the best of a very weak ILB class does not mean

that Wilson will be a good pro and worth the 34th pick.

1.) Fitz sucks

I agree that Fitz is not the long-term answer at QB, but that doesn't mean that there is a better QB in this draft. I personally do not want

Newton in the first and am luke-warm on Gabbert. I kind of like Ponder and Kaepernick in round 2, but the odds of either panning out

are not high. Realistically, if any teams think either is a long-term good starting QB, then they'd be picked in round 1.

I am with you in terms of bolstering the D in this draft. I do have to disagree with the idea that since some view Wilson as the

best ILB in the draft, that it means he is one of the best LBs in the draft. Being the best of a very weak ILB class does not mean

that Wilson will be a good pro and worth the 34th pick.

For where you disagree, let me rephrase. Hes the best at his position. If not, he wouldn't be ranked where he is or perhaps some one would be ranked before him! He's an early 2nd possible late 1st round pick. I dnt think it would be a reach OldTimer.

I don't get all the Martez Wilson love. He was pretty much a huge bust at Illinois until he had one decent year. Yeah, he has the measurables and is a workout warrior but come on.

He started as a true sophomore and had his junior season ended by an injury in the first game. He then started his redshirt junior year and was first team all Big-Ten. I'm not sure how that makes you consider him a "huge bust." I guess we don't know what he would have done his junior year, or what he would have ended up doing his redshirt senior year, hence his early 2nd round draft projection.

I don't get all the Martez Wilson love. He was pretty much a huge bust at Illinois until he had one decent year. Yeah, he has the measurables and is a workout warrior but come on.

+1. Neck injury alone scares me off for a Round 2 pick. He's one shot away from calling it a career. You don't pick linebackers with neck problems with high draft picks.

I find either Wilson or Ponder at #2 like milk on a hot summer day. Can't the Bills find somebody who wasn't seriously injured at #34?

+1. Neck injury alone scares me off for a Round 2 pick. He's one shot away from calling it a career. You don't pick linebackers with neck problems with high draft picks.

I find either Wilson or Ponder at #2 like milk on a hot summer day. Can't the Bills find somebody who wasn't seriously injured at #34?

I love milk on a hot summer day. Not so much Wilson or Ponder though

no developmental players at any position please. Id rather take a day 1 starter at any position rather than a developmental guy who may hopefully start one day and who could potentailly be a deterant to better QB next year IF we have the chance.

I agree that Fitz is not the long-term answer at QB, but that doesn't mean that there is a better QB in this draft.

Chances are actually pretty good there is...All a few of these guys would have to do is have better than a 73 QB rating and a 12-23 record after 35 NFL Starts...We're not talking about Peyton Manning here...I think the chances of a Kid like Gabbert becoming a Top 10 QB in the NFL are every bit as good as Fitz, who is still far from being a top 10 NFL QB, improving and being able to maintain that improvement over the next few years...But maybe that's just me... B-)

I almost like Quan Sturdivant more, he seems like a more reliable option and has somewhat similar size to Wilson. Might want to give him a look as well. youtube.com/watch?v=8_S_ZUk-YKc

That's cool 1960, but that was my point with OldTimer. Why isn't he ranked before Martez Wilson?! If he was, you take him! I think Quan is a projected 3rd rounder. We'll see. It just reminds of the Maybin pick. Why take the fourth best D-end when you could have had the 1st? Just my thoughts.

Edited by qdawg in philly

That's cool 1960, but that was my point with OldTimer. Why isn't he ranked before Martez Wilson?! If he was, you take him! I think Quan is a projected 3rd rounder. We'll see. It just reminds of the Maybin pick. Why take the fourth best D-end when you could have had the 1st? Just my thoughts.

I guess, but who says Wilson is ranked higher? I've heard some questionable things about Wilson and his durability. If the Bills are high on Wilson then they should definitely take him, I just don't want them to reach on him.