The Donald FTW nice swipe at Mitt's manhood

I don't get why Trump is talking about "success at building a company." Then relating that to the U.S.'s current problem and what it needs in a president --- someone who can build a company.

The U.S. isn't a start-up. The structure's in place already. It's an old company that got royally f---ed up by politicians of the last 60 years. We need people who can come in, cut a lot of largesse and reset the course to profitability, remove some of the fear instilled by policies, and get citizens to want to do things (read: spend money) again. Right now, everyone with an ability to change the direction of the economy is on their back heels, waiting to see what the hell is going to happen.

I don't think Trump's argument that Mitt Romney didn't "build" companies from the ground up hurts. It's rather a credit.

Romney stepped in at the Salt Lake City Olympics that was besieged with graft, corruption, missed construction deadlines, etc. and pulled off a decent Games. He finally said something about getting the Mass DOT head removed for incompetence (which constitutionally had to be done by the legislature), and stepped in at the Big Dig with the tunnel collapse. He directed resources with the epic dam flooding in 2005 and got out of the way.

This country doesn't need a leader who reinvents the wheel. It needs someone who realizes the wheel of the economy is pushed easier when it's on its edge than when its lying flat on the ground.

Trump is all about bravado and balls. I'd rather have someone with a brain.

Edited by UConn James

I don't get why Trump is talking about "success at building a company." Then relating that to the U.S.'s current problem and what it needs in a president --- someone who can build a company.

The U.S. isn't a start-up. The structure's in place already. It's an old company that got royally f---ed up by politicians of the last 60 years. We need people who can come in, cut a lot of largesse and reset the course to profitability, remove some of the fear instilled by policies, and get citizens to want to do things (read: spend money) again. Right now, everyone with an ability to change the direction of the economy is on their back heels, waiting to see what the hell is going to happen.

I don't think Trump's argument that Mitt Romney didn't "build" companies from the ground up hurts. It's rather a credit.

Romney stepped in at the Salt Lake City Olympics that was besieged with graft, corruption, missed construction deadlines, etc. and pulled off a decent Games. He finally said something about getting the Mass DOT head removed for incompetence (which constitutionally had to be done by the legislature), and stepped in at the Big Dig with the tunnel collapse. He directed resources with the epic dam flooding in 2005 and got out of the way.

This country doesn't need a leader who reinvents the wheel. It needs someone who realizes the wheel of the economy is pushed easier when it's on its edge than when its lying flat on the ground.

Trump is all about bravado and balls. I'd rather have someone with a brain.

This country needs someone to come in with a chainsaw and start hacking away. The thing that I like about Trump mixing it up (regardless of whether he's serious or not) is that he could care less about being politically correct. It's refreshing. I think that's what's driving his poll numbers. People are fed up with politicians who put feelings above straight talk. People are hurting economically in this country. This is why Chris Christie became so popular here in New Jersey (his election win was the beginning of the end of the Obama era), he just was as blunt as you could be and the people who don't get payed by the taxpayers absolutely loved it.

This country needs someone to come in with a chainsaw and start hacking away. The thing that I like about Trump mixing it up (regardless of whether he's serious or not) is that he could care less about being politically correct. It's refreshing. I think that's what's driving his poll numbers. People are fed up with politicians who put feelings above straight talk. People are hurting economically in this country. This is why Chris Christie became so popular here in New Jersey (his election win was the beginning of the end of the Obama era), he just was as blunt as you could be and the people who don't get payed by the taxpayers absolutely loved it.

He may not care about being politically correct, but his stance on almost every social issue changes with whatever way he thinks the wind is blowing...that hs ie getting so much run (I realize it is very early still) as any kind of serious candidate is rediculous...it is rare that I would be on the same side of an issue as Karl Rove! :P

I am enjoying Trump the pot-stirrer as much as anyone but he better not rise past amusing electoral sideshow. He's a dance partner with Palin in terms of electoral credibility.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day I got a laugh out of: Nugent-Palin '12! :lol:

Considering it's Obama or someone else in 2012, I'll take someone else, even if it's The Donald. Politicians have failed miserably; it's time for someone else.

Edited by Doc

Considering it's Obama or someone else in 2012, I'll take someone else, even if it's The Donald. Politicians have failed miserably; it's time for someone else.

"I'll take someone else, even if it's (fill in the blank)" is the reason we're stuck with someone useless like Obama.

"I'll take someone else, even if it's (fill in the blank)" is the reason we're stuck with someone useless like Obama.

True to an extent. But I've seen enough of Obama to know I'll never vote for him again. Will someone else (Trump?) be better? We won't know until he is elected.

Trump will never accept being President. He would never give up his august title, "The Donald" for such a lowly office as POTUS.

... But there is the specter of being called "President The Donald."

That second video is :blink: .

Beyond telling OPEC that their "fun is over," what is he going to do? What is he going to do? Even with the U.S. military at your command, you can only deliver vagueries for so long before someone calls your bluff. And considering our position at the moment, that will be the second sentence from OPEC.

Commandeering Libya's oil fields is such a colossally stupid idea I cringe just typing it --- and to "reimburse ourselves" for what?

$1.5 trillion would rebuild our country? Uhm... no. Nevermind the fundamental question why the rebels that are tentatively being supported in Libya would just give us their oil to cover our costs for Iraq. That's like me helping someone carry a couch in their house down the street, and then expecting them to pay for the fridge, stove and dishwasher I bought for my my house four years ago.

Who the hell is The Donald's adviser?

Look, Obama's in over his head and out-Jimmy-Cartering Jimmy Carter. Most people can now see that. But Trump is just flailing here.

Edited by UConn James

My hope is that Trump signs on with some carnival outfit (Coleman Shows?) where his self-aggrandizing pitch at each stop brings rubes into the tent to be shorn. Oh wait, that's the same as running for President.... Just forget it

I've seen enough of Obama to know I'll never vote for him again.

Again????

Trump's losing me. I like his style, but the more I learn, the less I like his substance. Turns out he's dead set against touching medicare or ssa, which means he's not serious about addressing our fiscal issues.

There's a lot of discussion about Trump being bad for the Republican party, and I think there's a lot of truth to that, but I also think you could make the argument that he helps the GOP as well in that he has become the de facto lighting rod for all that the progressives love to mock about conservatives, and he is forcing the more serious candidates to finally and at last respond to the stupid birth certificate issue. I'd also argue that Trump has personified the birther issue, and as goes Trump, so goes the birther issue. Not to mention, he's able to say and do whatever the hell he wants not because he wants to be president, but because he doesn't care if he's president. You never hear people like Romney, Pawlenty, etc. talking like this because they WANT to be president.

He never had me to lose me, but he is a blast to watch in a Charlie Sheen kinda way. Damn the torpedoes. Full speed ahead. The fact that he makes liberal heads explode is just icing on the cake.

... But there is the specter of being called "President The Donald."

That second video is :blink: .

Beyond telling OPEC that their "fun is over," what is he going to do? What is he going to do? Even with the U.S. military at your command, you can only deliver vagueries for so long before someone calls your bluff. And considering our position at the moment, that will be the second sentence from OPEC.

Commandeering Libya's oil fields is such a colossally stupid idea I cringe just typing it --- and to "reimburse ourselves" for what?

$1.5 trillion would rebuild our country? Uhm... no. Nevermind the fundamental question why the rebels that are tentatively being supported in Libya would just give us their oil to cover our costs for Iraq. That's like me helping someone carry a couch in their house down the street, and then expecting them to pay for the fridge, stove and dishwasher I bought for my my house four years ago.

Who the hell is The Donald's adviser?

Look, Obama's in over his head and out-Jimmy-Cartering Jimmy Carter. Most people can now see that. But Trump is just flailing here.

The operative word definitely being "flailing". He's about as wrong on the issues as Joe Biden was and is. But I agree with LA, it's great to see the Libtards' heads explode. Bush/Palin/Trump - what a triple threat.