Great article

I do love how people are in this it's all about me attitude.

That's quite the little argument killer you're carrying there. Maybe if more people took care of themselves instead being told and taught that someone else will foot their bill, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

But this is probably where you whip out your "starving kids and killing old people and ruining Halloween costumes" argument because it's so effective in advancing the discussion.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when the same leftists who subscribe to this train of thought were instrumental in bringing the government into an incestuous relationship called a GSE that played a major role in distorting the markets by providing artificially high supplies of capital for mortgages to high risk borrowers (all in the name of affordable housing because, who are you to say these people don't deserve these mortgages), and gave an out to the evil doers (i.e. "Wall Street") by then buying up high risk mortgages on the back end thus giving an incentive for lenders to give loans that would not have been economically viable otherwise, and then quickly sell them off on the secondary market. I also remember when the **** hit the fan and all those things NPR, unions, etc. didn't cause got mindlessly attributed to some guy named "Coprorate Greed".

Do you also remember when people on the right wanted to deregulate as much as possible on Wall Street because who needs Big Government watching over these "honest" businessmen.

You are a moron. You were clearly going to go after the unions by saying stupid crap like "See the unions are against reform and concessions"

I love people like you, acting as though you are brilliant... when in reality (you know, away from this message board and Faux News) you are sitting in your parents basement playing video games.

No, he wasn't. And you should be embarrassed that you still don't know what he was doing.

I do love how people are in this it's all about me attitude.

It's ok for a fireman to put his life on the line for 25 years, but to have a decent retirement... then it's F you. Real nice people, real nice.

Your retirement is solely funded by you?

I grew up with volunteer firemen and last I checked they get zippo for their years of service. And they did a pretty damn good job too. By the way we're not saying F you we're saying the system is broke and needs to be fixed. Many firemen contribute to their 457 deferred comp plans which if planned properly can offer them a very decent income during retirement. That way they wouldn't need 60, 70, 80, 90% of their income at retirement. It could then be closer to the 25-30% the private sector gets from social security. And would allow the governments to hold back when it's offered. Giving them their pension at such a young age is crazy. Do you know that most cops retire from the force at 55 and continue to work full time jobs while collecting their pension? That's a bad way to run the system.

And yes my retirement is funded 100% by me and my company which is a closely held company.

You are a moron. You were clearly going to go after the unions by saying stupid crap like "See the unions are against reform and concessions"

I love people like you, acting as though you are brilliant... when in reality (you know, away from this message board and Faux News) you are sitting in your parents basement playing video games.

You still don't get it, do you? You are being mocked and don't even know it. I'm beginning to think you are dumber than Connor ever was. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's quite the little argument killer you're carrying there. Maybe if more people took care of themselves instead being told and taught that someone else will foot their bill, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

But this is probably where you whip out your "starving kids and killing old people and ruining Halloween costumes" argument because it's so effective in advancing the discussion.

Took care of themselves? Jesus Christ... so teachers make to little, they aren't taking care of themselves because they live pay check to pay check and may need help at times OR it's teachers make to much they should pay more for their benefits and pensions because they have SOO much in life. Which is it?

Fact of the matter is that SOME professions do not make a lot of money (ie: teachers) and if they do over years and years of service you and others will scold them for it.

Do you also remember when people on the right wanted to deregulate as much as possible on Wall Street because who needs Big Government watching over these "honest" businessmen.

Way to deflect. There's no such thing as generic regulation. If you know of some specific regulations that would have prevented this I'm all ears. I would really love to hear the explanation of how this occurs if Freddie and Fannie (liberal pet projects) never enter into the picture.

You still don't get it, do you? You are being mocked and don't even know it. I'm beginning to think you are dumber than Connor ever was. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Believe me, you're not that witty my friend.

Way to deflect. There's no such thing as generic regulation. If you know of some specific regulations that would have prevented this I'm all ears. I would really love to hear the explanation of how this occurs if Freddie and Fannie (liberal pet projects) never enter into the picture.

So what you are saying is the Right has never pushed for deregulation of Wall Street?

So what you are saying is the Right has never pushed for deregulation of Wall Street?

I don't want to be cruel, because despite your absurd political ideology you may be a swell guy, but you're getting dangerously close to overtaking Dave in Norfolk as the dumbest person on this site.

Believe me, you're not that witty my friend.

You don't even wonder if you did something stupid, do you? You just continue on with your own little brand of douchemudgeonry. pBrain, you are really, really stupid. So stupid in fact that you continue to not recognize that you are being mocked and made fun of so you continue to invite more of the same. I bet you can't resist more of it.

yeah, I guess a good pension is a bit much after 25 years of public service. :wallbash:

that was a great plan when the average lifespan was 65-70 years. But with people living to be eighty and ninety we can't afford to have them retire so young. At least not without contribuing more to their own retirement

:wallbash:

that was a great plan when the average lifespan was 65-70 years. But with people living to be eighty and ninety we can't afford to have them retire so young. At least not without contribuing more to their own retirement

:wallbash:

That's the issue. Many of them (firefighters, police officers) can't work until they're 60-65 due to the physical requirements of the job. However because they have their deferred comp they can use that to bridge the gap more. That is why their deferred comp doesn't have a 59 1/2 rule like 401k plans do.

Once again something has to change and I've spoken with many government employees lately who agree that things do need to change. And I will say this. I've been in SF for only 2 years and I've seen many more people with government pensions than the previous 8 years in this industry in soCal.

I don't want to be cruel, because despite your absurd political ideology you may be a swell guy, but you're getting dangerously close to overtaking Dave in Norfolk as the dumbest person on this site.

Has the Right ever pushed for deregulation of Wall Street?

That's the issue. Many of them (firefighters, police officers) can't work until they're 60-65 due to the physical requirements of the job. However because they have their deferred comp they can use that to bridge the gap more. That is why their deferred comp doesn't have a 59 1/2 rule like 401k plans do.

Once again something has to change and I've spoken with many government employees lately who agree that things do need to change. And I will say this. I've been in SF for only 2 years and I've seen many more people with government pensions than the previous 8 years in this industry in soCal.

No one is denying that things need to be changed. It's how they are changed. How it seems like it better to vilify an entire group than to dig deeper in State and Federal spending.

Took care of themselves? Jesus Christ... so teachers make to little, they aren't taking care of themselves because they live pay check to pay check and may need help at times OR it's teachers make to much they should pay more for their benefits and pensions because they have SOO much in life. Which is it?

Fact of the matter is that SOME professions do not make a lot of money (ie: teachers) and if they do over years and years of service you and others will scold them for it.

Teachers bring in over 100,000/year in combined salary and bennies for 9 months/yr of work.

Cut that horsecrap that they "dont make a lot of money."

Its an outright LIE.

Has the Right ever pushed for deregulation of Wall Street?

Of course, I never said otherwise. Not all regulation is good.

No one is denying that things need to be changed. It's how they are changed. How it seems like it better to vilify an entire group than to dig deeper in State and Federal spending.

I think that is absolutely true, however, the only thing I hear out of you guys is to cut defense and repeal the Bush tax cuts on those that make $250k+ which is kind of like giving half an asprin to a 300lb man with a migraine.

Teachers bring in over 100,000/year in combined salary and bennies for 9 months/yr of work.

Cut that horsecrap that they "dont make a lot of money."

Its an outright LIE.

How about this.. EVERY TEACHER I KNOW DOES NOT MAKE THAT MUCH MONEY. Is that better for you. And by the way, I don't lie.

How about this.. EVERY TEACHER I KNOW DOES NOT MAKE THAT MUCH MONEY. Is that better for you. And by the way, I don't lie.

Every teacher I know makes at least 100K in combined salary and bennies for nine months work.

So either you think six figures in salary and benefits "isnt that much money"...or youre lying.

What state do you live in?

Edited by RkFast

Of course, I never said otherwise. Not all regulation is good.

I think that is absolutely true, however, the only thing I hear out of you guys is to cut defense and repeal the Bush tax cuts on those that make $250k+ which is kind of like giving half an asprin to a 300lb man with a migraine.

Defense NEEDS to be cut if they are seriously going to change anything. Personally, I do not believe in the Paul Ryan idea of lowering taxes especially if the tax loopholes will be left open. And let's face it, even if they close most of loop holes those with the means will find ways around them. So then what? Just keep them the same?

Defense NEEDS to be cut if they are seriously going to change anything. Personally, I do not believe in the Paul Ryan idea of lowering taxes especially if the tax loopholes will be left open. And let's face it, even if they close most of loop holes those with the means will find ways around them. So then what? Just keep them the same?

But what you put forther above is NOT what Ryan proposed. Never once was it ever even implied that the lowering of the tax rate would NOT be married with closing of tax loopholes and simplification of the tax code. Not once.

You dont "lie"....you "make up stuff."

Edited by RkFast