Projections for Fitzpatrick...

i feel very comfortable that there will be an NFL season...And i also feel very comfortable in Fitzpatrick as our QB...theres a little part of me that wants Cam to slide to the 3rd pick...but overall im excited about the draft Von Miller at 3....or even trading out of the pick ... anyway

Based off of last season... Fitz only had one piss poor game and that was against the pats...

So i'll say 3,500-3,600 yards 27 tds 15ints 300 plus yard rushing 5 fumbles

i feel very comfortable that there will be an NFL season...And i also feel very comfortable in Fitzpatrick as our QB...theres a little part of me that wants Cam to slide to the 3rd pick...but overall im excited about the draft Von Miller at 3....or even trading out of the pick ... anyway

Based off of last season... Fitz only had one piss poor game and that was against the pats...

Game by Game Fitz did do pretty well last Season...Outside of that Pats Game he did not play very well vs. KC, Chicago, or Minnesota...He was up and down in some other Games...His stat line was not great vs. Pittsburgh either, but we all know it should have been better...

I still think though, at this point, it's just as easy to assume Fitz comes back down to earth than it is to project improvement...His 81.8 QB Rating was a full 10 points higher than any of his previous years, and he had started 23 Games prior to 2010...Most of The Bills Offensive talent was perceived to be at RB last Season...And our QB play before Fitz got in there was terrible...So opposing Defenses were geared up to stop the Run, and daring Fitz to beat them....And he did just that quite often...We'll see what happens in 2011...My guess is The Bills will be able to Run the Ball better initially as Defenses will be FAR more aware of Fitz's strengths and will be committed to shutting him down...And that's not necessarily a bad thing unless The Bills get behind...

I hope Fitz can continue to improve because no matter what The Bills do at QB for the future he's going to be the guy in 2011...But I'm not going to assume he improves necessarily...The last Game he started was at Home vs. one of the worst Pass Defenses in the league (statistically) and he was pretty awful...So we'll see... B-)

I expect him to be what he is: an average NFL starter with wiggle room to be slightly above or below average when the dust settles.

I'd bank on somewhere in the neighborhood of 3,000 - 3,200 yards, a sub %60 completion percentage, 22-27 TDs with 13 - 17 INTs.

I expect him to be what he is: an average NFL starter with wiggle room to be slightly above or below average when the dust settles.

I'd bank on somewhere in the neighborhood of 3,000 - 3,200 yards, a sub %60 completion percentage, 22-27 TDs with 13 - 17 INTs.

I expect every single catagory to be improved although the numbers are hard for me to project

- Starters reps in training camp

- A young wide receiver core a year older and more experienced

- Continuity with receivers (from off season workouts at his "neverland" ranch)

- Hopefully improved O Line protection

- Hopefully a Tight End that we dont have on the team yet.....Zach Miller please

Game by Game Fitz did do pretty well last Season...Outside of that Pats Game he did not play very well vs. KC, Chicago, or Minnesota...He was up and down in some other Games...His stat line was not great vs. Pittsburgh either, but we all know it should have been better...

I still think though, at this point, it's just as easy to assume Fitz comes back down to earth than it is to project improvement...His 81.8 QB Rating was a full 10 points higher than any of his previous years, and he had started 23 Games prior to 2010...Most of The Bills Offensive talent was perceived to be at RB last Season...And our QB play before Fitz got in there was terrible...So opposing Defenses were geared up to stop the Run, and daring Fitz to beat them....And he did just that quite often...We'll see what happens in 2011...My guess is The Bills will be able to Run the Ball better initially as Defenses will be FAR more aware of Fitz's strengths and will be committed to shutting him down...And that's not necessarily a bad thing unless The Bills get behind...

I hope Fitz can continue to improve because no matter what The Bills do at QB for the future he's going to be the guy in 2011...But I'm not going to assume he improves necessarily...The last Game he started was at Home vs. one of the worst Pass Defenses in the league (statistically) and he was pretty awful...So we'll see... B-)

Hard for me to say it's AS likely to he'll "come back to earth" considering he was sort of thrust in last year. He's had an entire year w/ these guys and Chan now, it sucks the off season and potentially part of training camp will be taken away from him but...I'd expect him to at least stay the same. That would be a failure in my mind though. I actually expect him to improve. In my mind Fitz rises up, it's impossible for me to sit here and predict stats...they may even be down a bit if our D improves (I'm crossing my fingers)...but what hope and expect is that the D improves and we're less prone to have to throw it all over the place (particularly at the end of games) and he cuts down on the number of bad picks and crazy things like the ball slipping out of his hands ect...I also think he's really smart and will improve against the defenses in our division. I like Fitz. He's gona be good.

I'd buy this.

Projecting numbers is all well and good fun but we should remember that it's not the "gross" numbers Fitz puts up that count. Rather it is HOW those numbers are derived. Are his TDs game changers/winners? Are his INTs game changers/losers? Do his fumbles occur at more critical times than others? Will his rushing yards result in extending drives?

GO BILLS!!!

...So i'll say 3,500-3,600 yards 27 tds 15ints 300 plus yard rushing 5 fumbles

I would like to see the Bills starting QB be capable of better numbers then that. The 3,500 yards would be fine, although I would love to see him throw for 4,000 now and then, wouldn't you?? But 15 ints is too many if you expect Fitzy to carry the Bills into the playoffs. If Fitz is the man for the next 5 years or so for the Buffalo Bills, he needs to be able to throw for at least 25 and preferably 30 TD passes per season, and keep his ints. down around 8 - 12, in my humble opinion.

Now, if any of you think that's expecting too much from Ryan Fitzpatrick - GOOD! Then that is more proof that the Bills need to use the number 3 pick on a franchise QB, if the Bills feel strongly enough that Newton or Gabbert is their man.

Those are almost pro bowl numbers. I'm high on Fitz, but I don't see that kind of year for him. For a comparison, a 2011 pro bowler:

Matt Ryan

3705yds, 62.5% completion, 28tds, 9ints

I'd buy this.

Great - you and many other fans out here buy the fact they would be satisfied with an "average" NFL quarterback while passing on the chance to draft a new franchise type kid this year. All I can say is that if Nix feels as strongly about not drafting Newton or Gabbert as most of the fans on TSW do, then Von Miller or whoever he drafts with that number 3 pick had better turn out to be at least as good as Newton and Gabbert end up being as pros in the NFL.

I would like to see the Bills starting QB be capable of better numbers then that. The 3,500 yards would be fine, although I would love to see him throw for 4,000 now and then, wouldn't you?? But 15 ints is too many if you expect Fitzy to carry the Bills into the playoffs. If Fitz is the man for the next 5 years or so for the Buffalo Bills, he needs to be able to throw for at least 25 and preferably 30 TD passes per season, and keep his ints. down around 8 - 12, in my humble opinion.

Now, if any of you think that's expecting too much from Ryan Fitzpatrick - GOOD! Then that is more proof that the Bills need to use the number 3 pick on a franchise QB, if the Bills feel strongly enough that Newton or Gabbert is their man.

Yeah when you dont even know if EITHER of those QB's are going to pan out.....

Newton - all that talent.....and has to read a Que card on the side line

Gabbart - pocket presense is questionable

Those are almost pro bowl numbers. I'm high on Fitz, but I don't see that kind of year for him. For a comparison, a 2011 pro bowler:

Matt Ryan

Gee, wasn't Matt Ryan the number one pick in the draft by Atlanta a couple years ago? Why yes, I believe he was. He seems to be working out just fine these days, doesn't he? Yet all the "experts" out here are totally convinced that neither Newton nor Gabbert is worth the number 3 choice for the Bills this year. I don't get it. Ryan seemed to have so many qualities that pointed to him being a success in the NFL, and obviously the experts were right. But he played at Boston College and never came close to leading them to a National Championship, shouldn't that be worth some credit for Newton above and beyond him just being a great "physical speciman"? And how about the level of competition Blaine Gabbert had to face week in and week out playing in the Big 12? Certainly it rated better then the ACC, and doesn't Gabbert deserve some credit for that point as well??

OK, the experts were right about Ryan, and none of them are trying to convince the fans that Newton or Gabbert will be as successful right away. So what? Both Newton and Gabbert have outstanding bodies of work coming into this draft, and if either one is still on the board at number 3, I still think Nix should take the risk!

Gee, wasn't Matt Ryan the number one pick in the draft by Atlanta a couple years ago? Why yes, I believe he was. He seems to be working out just fine these days, doesn't he?

So, by your reasoning, if a QB is drafted with a first round pick, he will be good? You seem to have blocked Losman pick out of your mind quite well. I wish I could too.

Matt Ryan

Actually, before everyone starts hopping on the Matt Ryan bandwagon, two things:

1) He is 0-2 in playoff games.

2) Falcons GM Tom Dimitroff and HC Mike Smith have both stated that they've protected Ryan with a rushing offense centered around workhorse Michael Turner and have not asked Ryan to carry the team.

Most people rightly see Ryan as a rising star. But if he is to take the next step, he (like Joe Flacco Mark Sanchez, and Josh Freeman) needs to show that he can lift a team on his shoulder(s) and carry them to victory when the running game isn't working. None of these Franchise Quarterbacks-in-waiting have done that yet.

What season did you guys watch? Only one "piss poor" game?

He was not good against Jets, KC, DET, Minn, Cle, and NE...Thats 6 of his 13 games, or just under half of them where he was not very good.

I mean over the last 9 games of the season he had just 12 TD's (4 came in one game) and 16 turnovers...that is not very good.

Edited by Alphadawg7

So, by your reasoning, if a QB is drafted with a first round pick, he will be good? You seem to have blocked Losman pick out of your mind quite well. I wish I could too.

J.P. Lost-man was the 4th QB drafted in 2004, and it was a desperate move by Donahoe to trade back into the first round to get him. I believe Donahoe got caught up in the fact Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger were all drafted before his pick at #13, and he felt he needed to draft a QB for the Bills to learn behind Bledsoe. Especially since the Steelers drafted Big Ben one or two picks before Donahoe settled on Evans. Now, if Donahoe would have just drafted Lost-man with the #13 pick he used on Evans, then you would have an excellent point - that he wasted his high round pick on a bust of a QB. Instead, he didn't draft Lost-man until somewhere in the early 20's range.

But this year is completely different from 2004. If Donahoe had held the #3 pick that year, Big Ben may have been playing for the Bills since then, if not Rivers! Nix has the #3 pick and has a chance to draft one of the two best rated QB's in the entire draft this year. Nobody ever thought Lost-man was any better then the 4th best QB in '04, and some experts didn't think he was that good!