Where is Paul Krugman now?

Magox

If anyone is wondering why their stocks are getting hammered this morning, it's simple, S&P just downgraded the U.S credit outlook to negative which means there is at least a 1 in 3 chance of the U.S losing it's AAA rating.

Krugman is a dipshit, and those who follow him religiously are even bigger dipshits.

If anyone is wondering why their stocks are getting hammered this morning, it's simple, S&P just downgraded the U.S credit outlook to negative which means there is at least a 1 in 3 chance of the U.S losing it's AAA rating.

Krugman is a dipshit, and those who follow him religiously are even bigger dipshits.

I agree! Why this country followed this guy's advice on invading Iraq, the Bush tax cuts and not paying for the prescription drug plan is beyond me....oh wait... :unsure:

So, this happens and you blame an op-ed guy??? :doh:

I agree! Why this country followed this guy's advice on invading Iraq, the Bush tax cuts and not paying for the prescription drug plan is beyond me....oh wait... :unsure:

So, this happens and you blame an op-ed guy??? :doh:

no, because he enables deficit spending "dipshit"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/18/business/global/18yuan.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2

this isn't so good either, economically or politically--as in Chinese political stability. If China can't soak up the world's commodities this world will be in for a world of hurt

Something has to cool China. And they still have this whole "oppressed people" problem always lurking below the surface of their success.

I don't read Krugman. What part of his dipshittery are you referring to?

I don't read Krugman. What part of his dipshittery are you referring to?

I'm paraphrasing here, but its pretty damn close:

"We do not have a debt problem, look at the bond markets, they are telling us that spending isn't the problem"

To answer your question, he is out looking for other ways to blame GW for this mess.

Starting with everyone who relies on the Huffington Post for their news. I don't want to say Krugman is their god, but Gene Frenkle recently mocked all Huffpost readers for their completely unnecessary delusion based on superstitious mythology.

The Obama administration moved swiftly Monday to downplay ratings agency Standard & Poor's downgrade of its U.S. credit outlook, calling the decision a political judgment that should not be taken too seriously.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42645647

Yeah, S&P is a wing of the Koch Brothers Glenn Beck Tea Party machine :rolleyes:

S&P, Moody's, and Fitch all proved themselves either incompetent or corrupt before and during the financial crisis but S&P ain't wrong about U.S. credit because either they default or they pay back in extremely debased currency.

The Obama administration moved swiftly Monday to downplay ratings agency Standard & Poor's downgrade of its U.S. credit outlook, calling the decision a political judgment that should not be taken too seriously.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42645647

Yeah, S&P is a wing of the Koch Brothers Glenn Beck Tea Party machine :rolleyes:

S&P: "You've got too much debt."

White House: "La la la la la! We can't hear you!"

A side observation: has anyone ever expressed concern that the US government is able to determine its own debt limit? Can I have that kind of power? So I can use it to, say, tell banks "yes, of course I can afford that $800k mortgage on my $30k annual salary..."

We have a really screwed up system.

A side observation: has anyone ever expressed concern that the US government is able to determine its own debt limit? Can I have that kind of power? So I can use it to, say, tell banks "yes, of course I can afford that $800k mortgage on my $30k annual salary..."

That's part of what caused the housing mess