Raleigh, NC area members

Wacka

It also had 1/2 the reported deaths 11 of 22 and is one of the poorest counties in the state. Do not let anyone tell ya this wasnt a bad ass storm it was and the news coverage is NOT overplaying the destruction. Some tornadoes were f3 and others f4, the one that went thru downtown area was very wide.

Never said that it wasn't. My point was to indicate where this is for those that know very little about NC and that the homes there are not exactly "robust". I went through hurricane's Fran and Floyd. Our house had no damage from Fran, but we had no power for 10 days. My family never checked on us based on their news reports at the time thinking we just had some wind and rain. Peace - out.

The storms were overhyped for much of central NC...

So storms that kill 4 dozen people are overhyped.

And being a slave wasn't really that big a deal.

Wow, you must be a really tough guy. <_<

Pray all of my Triangle Bills sisters and brothers are okay.

I was on I540 at Creedmoor--driving toward Crabtree Valley Mall with my boys in the back of the car coming back from a birthday party. Quarter size hail, debris (mostly roof tiles and a couple of tree branches) hitting the car and really couldn't see. I look quickly in the rear view mirror and two little guys that are normally punching one another are hugging each other with eyes tightly closed. We made it home safe but through all the snow and rain and other crap condition driving I have done -- it was the worst 15 minutes of driving ever.

I drove through one devastated area today (Yonkers at the Beltline) and saw how much worse it could have been for me and the boys...A 300' wide path of destruction that went from south of downtown Raleigh north to Brentwood (about 7-8 miles) and then touched down again in Louisburg--another 10 miles or so...scary stuff...

Edited by JoeF

Misrepresenting the man's statement to justify your moral outrage is not cool.

Yes, my moral outrage is so extensive it can barely be bound by a single webpage.

So are you the next fella who's going to follow me around making these type of insightful comments because his political bunk was removed from where it didn't belong?

This oughta be entertaining for a good 2 or 3 minutes....... :rolleyes:

Yes, my moral outrage is so extensive it can barely be bound by a single webpage.

So are you the next fella who's going to follow me around making these type of insightful comments because his political bunk was removed from where it didn't belong?

Miss me? :D

More like a dumbass...."It's blowin up the power lines!"

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Sanford, Berte County, and those areas hardest hit are not technically Raleigh. Sanford is 45min to an hour from Raleigh. Even Dunn is quite a ways away. You can be upset that I said Raleigh Durham does not get the same storms that other parts of NC get but it is true. Yanceyville, Roxboro, Wake Forrest, and Louisburg get stronger storms, those often come back from Danville and Reidsville areas. Chatham County got it just as bad as Raleigh. Bertie is a couple of hours from Raleigh, it is like saying Buffalo is like Rochester and they are only an hour apart. 11 people died there, three of them in one house - all children - when a tree fell on them. A bunch more died at a trailer park, including the sad story of an elderly woman. It was not 4 dozen people, it was 22.

Sanford and the 64 corridor; Lillington, Fuquay-Varina on the way to Goldsboro get entirely different weather then the rest of the state. 220 and 15 are two routes that will mirror this.

I am not minimizing the situation - 22 people died, it is tragic. Most of the stuff you see on TV is the rehashed footage of the Lowes in Sanford and various mobile home parks (tornado food). I am not a weather expert by any means, the only thing I can say is that I watch the radar and weather reports like a hawk and have lapped around this state dozens of times. It is one of the only places I have been where in 15 minutes you can go from torrential downpours to 90 degrees andsunny then 70 degree highs the next day in July.

Thanks for all the concerns. ok here in far west Cary. Line of storms split into super cells right where we lived & went just north & south of us. The devistation around the area is amazing. All those years in Kansas and never saw a storm like this one.

Good to hear you are OK.

We are headed to Lewiston on Thursday