Official 2011 NBA Playoffs thread

ieatcrayonz

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lebron James is still a very good player.....but the problem is that the NBA has biult him up into something he is not for pr purposes....

- He isn't a very good team mate.....he cant find the balance of taking over a game and deferring (this by the way is the reason why I believe this super powers heat team will never win the championship) they wont find the chemistry between the big 3 in order to beat a REAL team.

- Lebron has Kobe envy.....and before everyone jumps on Kobe with their snide comments I mean that Kobe is more loved outside of the US then any other player. In China Kobe is a god and Lebron cant stand it.

- There is a precidence of this happening before. In the Olympics with Kobe and Lebron were on the same team it was KOBE that bailed them out against Spain. Had they US Olympic team relied on Labron to win that game the same thing would have happened as these finals. Its the difference between a very good player and a PRESSURE player.

- And every once in a great while....the true Labron gets shown to the world and the NBA PR machine cant do anything about it....Labron is a self centered, egotistical, NON PRESSURE player......and you can actually forgive the first two as long as you dont have the third of that list.

I am actually happy for Dirk....who stayed with the Mavs through thick and thin and was always THE star for that team....and he got what he deserved in the end.

I can't stand Kobe, but I've seen enough ball over the years to know that LeBron isn't even CLOSE to the same player Kobe is. I feel Kobe is overrated, not so much among his contemporaries, but in terms of how he's viewed among past greats. Same goes for Shaq. I don't see how anyone can have Shaq as a top ten player of all time. They guy was amazingly athletic for someone his size, but in terms of basketball skill he was nothing special. But anyway, back to Kobe...at least Kobe is prolific and clutch. I don't think for a second that he makes those around him better as Jordan did, but the guy can hit some clutch shots for sure. And as of right now, LeBron can't hold Kobe's jock.

LeChoke will never be anything more than scottie pippen. D-Wade is the real man in Miami.

The next MJ? :lol: :lol: :lol: Jordan's dingleberries are more clutch than LeChoke.

I don't know what happened to LB, I mean he never would pass up a shot in Cleveland. He nutted up for reals.

D Wade is the best player in the NBA when healthy. Kobe is a very close 2nd. It's his team and it a shame he got hurt in game 5. He was the MVP until then.

If Lebron is Scottie and Wade is Jordan so to speak, where the Heats Phil Jackson?

I know... in the front office lol (Pat Riley) :)

The Heat were clearly outcoached in this series.

Wonder who is more happier, the Mavs and their fans or the Cavs and their fans? As IMOH, the latter. After the so-called "announcement" on national tv last year!

This is one HAPPY Mav fan. Cavs....their Gov made the Dallas Mavericks honorary citizens of

Ohio on Monday. It is probably a tie.

This is one HAPPY Mav fan. Cavs....their Gov made the Dallas Mavericks honorary citizens of

Ohio on Monday. It is probably a tie.

It's gotta be cool having a guy like Mark Cuban as an owner...he's a pretty passionate dude!

Lebron James is still a very good player.....but the problem is that the NBA has biult him up into something he is not for pr purposes....

- He isn't a very good team mate.....he cant find the balance of taking over a game and deferring (this by the way is the reason why I believe this super powers heat team will never win the championship) they wont find the chemistry between the big 3 in order to beat a REAL team.

- Lebron has Kobe envy.....and before everyone jumps on Kobe with their snide comments I mean that Kobe is more loved outside of the US then any other player. In China Kobe is a god and Lebron cant stand it.

- There is a precidence of this happening before. In the Olympics with Kobe and Lebron were on the same team it was KOBE that bailed them out against Spain. Had they US Olympic team relied on Labron to win that game the same thing would have happened as these finals. Its the difference between a very good player and a PRESSURE player.

- And every once in a great while....the true Labron gets shown to the world and the NBA PR machine cant do anything about it....Labron is a self centered, egotistical, NON PRESSURE player......and you can actually forgive the first two as long as you dont have the third of that list.

I am actually happy for Dirk....who stayed with the Mavs through thick and thin and was always THE star for that team....and he got what he deserved in the end.

Why are you talking about Kobe? He was garbage in Game 7 last year; Gasol bailed him out. And he made a myriad of mistakes that kept Spain in that game before making some big shots.

Lebron was an inexplicable no-show the last few games of this series. It's unlike anything I've ever seen in the NBA. People who hate him are inevitably re-inventing history, but he was actually previously pretty damn good in big spots. He single handily beat the Pistons to get to the finals with 25 straight pts when he was 22yrs old. He made an insanely clutch shot to beat Orlando but couldn't overcome a bunch of schmucks as teammates. He was nasty in the Bulls series this year. But running away from the ball at the end of these last couple games when he was on the superior team, wow, it was just surreal. I will still wager a lot of $ that he'll win a ring someday though.

It's gotta be cool having a guy like Mark Cuban as an owner...he's a pretty passionate dude!

It is cool!! Cuban made the franchise respectable. The Mavericks had to have an owner like him or they wouldn't have ever won a title.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

Why are you talking about Kobe? He was garbage in Game 7 last year; Gasol bailed him out. And he made a myriad of mistakes that kept Spain in that game before making some big shots.

Lebron was an inexplicable no-show the last few games of this series. It's unlike anything I've ever seen in the NBA. People who hate him are inevitably re-inventing history, but he was actually previously pretty damn good in big spots. He single handily beat the Pistons to get to the finals with 25 straight pts when he was 22yrs old. He made an insanely clutch shot to beat Orlando but couldn't overcome a bunch of schmucks as teammates. He was nasty in the Bulls series this year. But running away from the ball at the end of these last couple games when he was on the superior team, wow, it was just surreal. I will still wager a lot of $ that he'll win a ring someday though.

Buff....the point is everyone has bad games but the greats keep at it and dont go into a shell like Lebron did...they work through it. The truly confident players dont stop shooting when they are actually trying to win the game for their team. Labron is not in this catagory (and I am not taking you up on him never winning a ring....that would be a fools bet because he is the NBA poster child) I just dont think it will be with a team with other stars on it. Lebron has to be THE guy in order to exert himself. By the way...it was nice that Gasol "bailed" Kobe out as there were several games where Kobe carried him.....that is the whole point.....on championship teams players take turns stepping up their games and helping the team win. Gasol was garbage this year and that is why they got swept by the Mavs.