No Fairley for the Bills???

macaroni

I haven't seen this posted before ... the article claims that he missed a meeting, and was late for another ... I wonder if the team he "stiffed" was the Bills?

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/source-bills-have-no-interest-in-nick-fairley

Even before this latest snafu, it seemed that Fairley's stock had been dropping. It's funny how things have changed since hist last game a few months ago.

If true, it's fine by me. I've felt for a long time that something about this kid stinks. I'm always scared of one-year wonders, but the kid has a reputation for having a bad attitude, and this Haynesworthian approach toward team meetings reflects what appears to be a lack of respect for his future employer.

Maybe his on-field play will balance out any off-field issues, but for now I'll pass.

I’ve thought all along that Fairley was the best player in this draft, but never really thought the Bills would be interested. I won’t fault him for missing a flight (coulda been a multitude of reasons) but if he is skipping meetings with teams and showing up late without legit reasons I wouldn’t draft him either. Us fans being on the outside looking in can only speculate, but if he is a meeting skipper Im passing. Too bad we'll never know the truth before draft day!

Its fun how he has slipped under the radar about his workouts and evaluations...because soo much attention has went to Cam....but Fairley was the number one pick a month or so ago...a sure top 3...then a sure top 5...now depending he could fall out of the top 10...im not sold on him

Edited by EldaBillsFan

I’ve thought all along that Fairley was the best player in this draft, but never really thought the Bills would be interested. I won’t fault him for missing a flight (coulda been a multitude of reasons) but if he is skipping meetings with teams and showing up late without legit reasons I wouldn’t draft him either. Us fans being on the outside looking in can only speculate, but if he is a meeting skipper Im passing. Too bad we'll never know the truth before draft day!

I think the entire Meeting thing was explained by the Dolphins Brass and completely excused...I've heard this whole latest rumor deal with Fairley is completely blown out-of-proportion...

What does not seem to be blown out-of-proportion are the consistent reports Fairley is a bit lazy, takes plays off, falls asleep in meetings...etc...He does come across as a bit of a goof-ball...That kind of stuff...Those reports are going strong, and they must be coming from REAL good sources (some are saying it's Tennessee's new D-Line Coach Tracey Rocker who Coached Fairley at Auburn...We'll see if Tennessee passes on him...) because I know Mike Mayock has bought into them. He's hearing something that allows him to say that personally he would not use a 1st Round Draft Pick on Fairley...I also read somewhere that Fairley is real good friends with JaMarcus Russell...Now that's enough to scare the crap out of any NFL GM... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I've been saying all along Fairley will be a huge bust in the NFL. Mark my words. I'm always amazed at how poor some of you are at evaluating talent. If the Bills take Fairlady, I'll be shocked.

Are you saying the Fairley is a bad talent, or he wont make it on work ethic/motivation? IF its his talent you don’t like, what makes you think it doesn’t translate to the NFL?