An even trade....

NewEra

Listen up Buddy and company!! Heres the trade that will turn this franchise around. I know we'd actually giving up too much here according to the numbers, but it just might work out in our favor. Trade our 1st pick this year to the packers, for ALL of their picks the next 2 years. Our pick is worth 2200 POINTS, and all of the packers' are only worth 1067 this year and possibly the same next, if they win the super bowl. Imagine how good the packers would be if they got their hands on one of the guys available to them at 3 coming off a championship? Choose one of the following: Fairley, Miller (but they wouldn't take him cuz he's too small), Peterson, Green, Jordan or maybe even Dareus if he's there. They'd most likely be better than last year, hence keeping their total draft pick "value" at 1067. A grand total of 2134. We may be able to get them to throw in their 4th 6th and 7th pick from 2013 in as well to make it even. I don't see why the packers wouldn't do it, it's an even trade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

Bills 1st pick-

#3 overall- 2200 points.

Packers picks-

1st (32)-590 points

2nd (64)-270

3rd (96)-116

4th (128) -44

5th (160)-28.4

6th (192)-15.6 3

7th (224)-1067

In summary, the NFL draft pick "values" aren't balanced. The top 3 picks are overvalued IMO. If there were a Peyton Manning, Ndamakung Suh AND Bruce Smith in every draft we could talk about this being balance, but thats not the case.

Edited by NewEra

Listen up Buddy and company!! Heres the trade that will turn this franchise around. I know we'd actually giving up too much here according to the numbers, but it just might work out in our favor. Trade our 1st pick this year to the packers, for ALL of their picks the next 2 years. Our pick is worth 2200 POINTS, and all of the packers' are only worth 1067 this year and possibly the same next, if they win the super bowl. Imagine how good the packers would be if they got their hands on one of the guys available to them at 3 coming off a championship? Choose one of the following: Fairley, Miller (but they wouldn't take him cuz he's too small), Peterson, Green, Jordan or maybe even Dareus if he's there. They'd most likely be better than last year, hence keeping their total draft pick "value" at 1067. A grand total of 2134. We may be able to get them to throw in their 4th 6th and 7th pick from 2013 in as well to make it even. I don't see why the packers wouldn't do it, it's an even trade.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

Bills 1st pick-

#3 overall- 2200 points.

Packers picks-

1st (32)-590 points

2nd (64)-270

3rd (96)-116

4th (128) -44

5th (160)-28.4

6th (192)-15.6 3

7th (224)-1067

In summary, the NFL draft pick "values" aren't balanced. The top 3 picks are overvalued IMO. If there were a Peyton Manning, Ndamakung Suh AND Bruce Smith in every draft we could talk about this being balance, but thats not the case.

I hope your joking. Delete this thread Mods.

Crack kills, also can a team have 15 or more picks in a draft?

It doesn't matter if they can or not. It'll never ever ever happen. But according to the chart, there's no reason it shouldn't happen. It's even.

Wow. Ok i'll spell it out for those that only read part of the post, or read the whole thing, yet still can't comprehend.

I think the NFL draft pick value chart is whack. I think it's whack because the trade I proposed is supposedly an "even" trade according to the chart. In another thread, I read some posters that think the chart is used by NFL Front Offices to help them gauge a potential trade. With regard to the top few picks, I have always felt that the asking price in a trade is a bit outrageous. I keep hearing that we should trade down 5 spots and get a 1st 2nd 3rd and a 5th for our 3rd overall pick. While I would LOVE for that to happen, I dont see it as realistic. I know if I was picking 8th, I sure as he'll wouldn't want to trade up to 3 and give up 4 picks in the process. In SOME rare cases, it may be worth it, but thats the exception, rather than the rule. This thread was made to illustrate that point. Whether or not you think my method of illustrating my point is irrelevant or not, It does make sense.

I definitely agree with you that the top picks are overvalued on the trade chart, but if anyone in the NFL does use that chart on draft day, I can see how it could be useful for trades that involve mid and late round picks. Like you said, no team is really going to move up like 3 or 4 spots up to #3 overall and mortgage their entire rest of the draft for it (except on the rarest of occasions)...so when it comes to the very top of the draft, the chart should go out the window and people should just use their common sense.

On another note, I read the entire original post and I thought it was funny that everyone started flipping out..haha. Even without the bottom sentence, your post seemed to be poking fun at how ridiculous the value chart is near the top. Now watch it happen this year and make us all look silly :lol:

I think you wasted a lot of time and energy creating this thread. You are illustrating a point that should be obvious to anyone who is not a complete retard. Obviously the NFL draft pick value chart is just a tool used by teams to ESTIMATE the equity of a given trade involving a draft pick. The figures are not absolute, and of course the Packers are not going to trade all their draft picks for the next two years for the #3 this year. Your whole example is completely ridiculous.

God, I can't wait for the :censored: draft!!