Nanny State

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any school that bans homemade lunches also puts more money in the pockets of the district's food provider, Chartwells-Thompson. The federal government pays the district for each free or reduced-price lunch taken, and the caterer receives a set fee from the district per lunch.

Bingo. More brown bagging = Fewer school lunches served = Less free gubmint money that goes to the food vendor = Smaller kickback to the official awarding the contract.

Yes, we can!

Bingo. More brown bagging = Fewer school lunches served = Less free gubmint money that goes to the food vendor = Smaller kickback to the official awarding the contract.

Yes, we can!

Oh come on now. It's just the Principal showing concern for the health of their students.

Just to be clear:

Parental involvement is expected and encouraged in learning.

But the same parents are incapable of feeding their kids properly.

:wallbash:

Sad but true.

If all the fat-ass parents were feeding their fat-ass children properly there wouldn't be a problem in need of a solution. If you're raising children that more closely resemble little cows and piggies than human beings, it's basically child abuse in my mind. You should lose the right to the assumption that you're capable of acting in a way that is "personally responsible". Obesity is NOT ok. It is unhealthy and puts an undue burden on our healthcare system. Not that we have a problem with healthcare in this country. :rolleyes:

Sad but true.

If all the fat-ass parents were feeding their fat-ass children properly there wouldn't be a problem in need of a solution. If you're raising children that more closely resemble little cows and piggies than human beings, it's basically child abuse in my mind. You should lose the right to the assumption that you're capable of acting in a way that is "personally responsible". Obesity is NOT ok. It is unhealthy and puts an undue burden on our healthcare system. Not that we have a problem with healthcare in this country. :rolleyes:

So rather than potentially intervene when a child is raised into obesity in the same manner social services would intervene in all other acts of "child abuse" we get a bunch of dickless bureaucrats to pass a blanket policy. It's a good thing we have daddy government to wipe our ass and spank us when we're naughty.

Obesity is NOT ok. It is unhealthy and puts an undue burden on our healthcare system. Not that we have a problem with healthcare in this country. :rolleyes:

You are absolutely 100% correct.

What most morons don't understand is that these fat asses are costing us all, literally. Fat asses do cause an extra burden on all our pockets, so when you get guys like Beck and Hannity who pretty much enable people to eat fatty foods in the name of preserving our personal freedoms and then claim to know what we need to do to lower health care costs, then sorry, I just can't take what they say seriously.

I do believe in personal freedoms, and I dont believe it is the schools place to tell their students that they can't bring home bag lunches, but for !@#$s sake FEED YOUR CHILDREN PROPERLY!!!

So yes, there has to be a serious investment from the government to educate people in how to eat properly and more healthy.

ANd instead of taxing fatty foods, what you can do is give tax breaks to food providers for offering healthier foods and following certain federal guidelines that can help achieve healthier eating.

Incentives incentives incentives.

people get motivated by the proper incentive, it is just a matter of finding the right carrot to dangle.

Sad but true.

So the next step is the government is going to come to my house and tell me I can't open that second bottle of wine on Saturday because it's bad for me? So you're for legislating personal responsibility?

Sad but true.

And so the answer is to provide those fat asses with more free health insurance and free drugs to combat the "disease" of obesity?

Instead, why don't we make it a crime to be the legal guardian of a minor with a BMI over 30 and start putting these child abusers in prison?

So the next step is the government is going to come to my house and tell me I can't open that second bottle of wine on Saturday because it's bad for me? So you're for legislating personal responsibility?

Don't be so paranoid. They might just suggest the Shiraz instead of the Cab.

When does the school system start dictating when kids have to go to bed?

'Cause...y'know...lack of sleep and improper development of sleep habits can lead to developmental and health issues that we all end up paying for. Sending your kids to bed too late does, therefore, qualify as child abuse.

When does the school system start dictating when kids have to go to bed?

'Cause...y'know...lack of sleep and improper development of sleep habits can lead to developmental and health issues that we all end up paying for. Sending your kids to bed too late does, therefore, qualify as child abuse.

Actually a huge problem at the school I worked at, children that should be getting 10-12 hours sleep were getting 6 plus whatever they got sleeping on the bus or desk.

Actually a huge problem at the school I worked at, children that should be getting 10-12 hours sleep were getting 6 plus whatever they got sleeping on the bus or desk.

Really? Wow. I had no idea that kind of thing ever happened.

You can probably get a waiver if it's a bottle from a union vineyard.