"Buffalo is a black hole of draft information "

Kingfish

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow...this is false regarding Bowers...

suggested that he might need microfracture surgery, which happens when a player's cartilage is so severely compromised that artificial cartilage is injected into the knee. It's trouble.

Unless I'm wrong microfracture does not involve the injection of artificial cartilage. The fractures cause 'new' cartilage to develop.

Black hole or not, whatever draft approach the Bills have taken the past 5+ years has been pitiful. :angry:

Naw.... the original poster conveys the intended meaning... Peter King means the Bills are out of the media loop... the radar is dark, etc.

Buddy's still using the pony express and a stagecoach to get to the players pro days. :devil:

wow...this is false regarding Bowers...

Unless I'm wrong microfracture does not involve the injection of artificial cartilage. The fractures cause 'new' cartilage to develop.

Turns out, it does have something to do with cartilage even though it sounds like bone:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007255.htm

I'm pretty sure if this were true, Bowers would be on the shelf for the 2011 season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/04/10/mmqb/1.html

:lol:

You mean Buddy is out of the texting/twitter loop with all the NFL "insiders"?

peter king really knows his crap only problem is NE wont be able to trade their piock @ 33 for a pick in next years draft unless their is a new CBA in place by then and thats not going to happen.

how he could make such a foolish statement like that just shows he doesant have a clue!

I remember at one point in an interview ( I can't remember when) Gailey described OBD as a "cocoon." I think OBD is pretty insulated compared to most teams. At the same time, didn't Jerry Jones know that the Bills were selecting Spiller last year, ahead of time?

Black hole or not, whatever draft approach the Bills have taken the past 5+ years has been pitiful. :angry:

Buddy's still using the pony express and a stagecoach to get to the players pro days. :devil:

I don't understand. At 3 there are a million options and we have brought X number of possible options to on site discussions, Gailey and Nix have gone to particular pro days, and it shouldn't be hard to guess within about 4 or 5 players where we would go on draft day. Defensive lineman or maybe Von Miller. I don't see terrific interest in the cornerback position, nor do I detect a lot of quarterback interest.

The "black hole" if there were one might be the discussions (or lack of discussions) regarding a trade down.

I'm not a fan of either Gailey or Nix, but I don't see that they are obligated to lay their cards on the table for the media.

Wait, what about all that "smokescreen" stuff guys were going on about.

It's a "smokescreen" AND a black hole?

<_< the smokescreen is so effective that it has become a black hole of information.

King is saying he's not getting anything concrete enough to speculate upon.

I'm not a fan of either Gailey or Nix, but I don't see that they are obligated to lay their cards on the table for the media.

I think that they would take this as a compliment.

Exactly - as you are indicating - this is a bad thing for the Bills why???

But, as per usual, we see at least half the posters here somehow twisting the fact that Nix is keeping the media out of the loop into Nix himself is out of the loop.

That's just the weird messed-up psychology of the Bills fanbase. Nothing new, of course.

Exactly - as you are indicating - this is a bad thing for the Bills why???

But, as per usual, we see at least half the posters here somehow twisting the fact that Nix is keeping the media out of the loop into Nix himself is out of the loop.

That's just the weird messed-up psychology of the Bills fanbase. Nothing new, of course.

Exactly.

Bill Belichick is the master of the paranoid, "Us against the World." "Trust No one Outside the Organization," approach to the media.

He sees zero upside in leaking information to the media or giving them handouts.

Belichick's Patriots as a rule are in constant shutdown mode when it comes to letting go of information.

But when the Bills practice this same approach, they open themselves up to criticism, scorn, and second-guessing.

Exactly.

Bill Belichick is the master of the paranoid, "Us against the World." "Trust No one Outside the Organization," approach to the media.

He sees zero upside in leaking information to the media or giving them handouts.

Belichick's Patriots as a rule are in constant shutdown mode when it comes to letting go of information.

But when the Bills practice this same approach, they open themselves up to criticism, scorn, and second-guessing.

Well the trite answer to that is 3 SB rings. That gives NE the right to act that way. Yet if the Bills want to adopt a similar style we're wrong. We are obligated to tell everyone what we are doing. Then we'll get hammered for telling everyone what we're doing. Makes perfect sense.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Well the trite answer to that is 3 SB rings. That gives NE the right to act that way. Yet if the Bills want to adopt a similar style we're wrong. We are obligated to tell everyone what we are doing. Then we'll get hammered for telling everyone what we're doing. Makes perfect sense.

PTR

I very easily could be wrong, but I don't think that King meant the term as a slight to the organization. Folks here are interpreting it the wrong way (IMO)...

<_< the smokescreen is so effective that it has become a black hole of information.

I think that they would take this as a compliment.

It was meant as a compliment. I'm not all that impressed with either of them but when they do something right, as they appear to be doing by not "telegraphing" their pick, I'm ready to give them credit. Hell..If they get nine wins next year I'll rethink whether I'm a fan or not.